Notices

Question about squeaking..

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question about squeaking..

I have had a bad squeaking sound on the left side of my taco. Checked the ball joints all good, just had new A-Arms put on. Any suggestions? It is not consistent, some days its bad, some days you cannot hear it. Only happens on bumps. Plus since I had my adjustable A-arms put on when I back up and cut my wheel hard all the way to the left It feels like my front tire is rubbing, but never did that before, anyone ever have something similar?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
So i guess its coming from the front? If you canged out your A-arms, try double check the grease..i did that on my older toy and had that problem. I didnt have enough grease with the ball joints
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
When my wheel bearings went out there was a bit of squeeking coming from the wheel. Have you checked the bearings?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
When my wheel bearings went out there was a bit of squeeking coming from the wheel. Have you checked the bearings?
will do both thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
SCRAPER
09638 is on a distinguished road
09638's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes the ball joints just need to "wear in" for a few thousand miles and they will stop squeaking. lots of oil will help. was there squeaking before your new a arms? if it was there from when you got the truck new and mostly happens on bumps it could be the rear leafs. mine made a lot of squeaking but now there worn in. some guys on here were taking their trucks to the dealer and getting pads installed between the leafs to dampen the sound but in Hawaii that probably wont happen. I got used to mine but now it went away.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure to check that anything you loosened or took off was torqued properly. Haven't heard any squeaks since and was immediately fixed.