Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Moving to Hawaii this summer...Truck inspection questions

Old 01-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Hawaii this summer...Truck inspection questions

Found out last week that I am transferring out to Hawaii this summer. I will be stationed at Barbers Point. My wife and I are excited and looking forward to what all the islands have to offer. As far as my truck goes, i know i will have to get an inspection done on it when i get there, but i need to know if my current setup is ok, or if i will have to change anything...

Lift installed is a 3" Rough Country spacer lift, LR UCAs, Toytec swaybar relocate and diff drop kit in the front, Rear is a ToyTec AAL, Axel shims, and carrier bearing drop.

I have no mudflaps on the truck and am sitting on 265/75/17s on stock rims that are within the fender flares.

I also have a set of 55w 5000k HIDs in the headlights and 55w 6000k HIDs in the fogs as well as an NFab light bar mounted on the front with Hella 500's converted with 55w 6000k HIDs.

Exhaust is Borla cat back that was already on the truck when i bought it used.

All work was done by me. Please let me know if this will be ok there or what needs to be changed. thanks in advance and am looking forward to meeting a few of yall when we get there.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, will any ole mudflap do or will it have to be OEM? Also, with my headlights being brighter than most, do you think there will be an issue with them?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
The Red Bull

Guess i will be swapping them back to halogens... no biggie there. Also i saw that i need a front license plate, since the truck will remain registered with Florida, will a front plate be required?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
The Red Bull

Ill call the number this week and ask.. thanks for the heads up tho... figured id get a head start on a few things, even though it is still a ways off
Old 03-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
SCRAPER
09638 is on a distinguished road
09638's Tacoma Gallery
your going to need recon since you got a lift before you can get a safety. exhaust and bumpers don't need recon but you are able to list them on the recon paper just so cops wont hassle you. to pass recon and the safety check you will need to have your stock halogen bulbs installed and not have really dark tint on the front windows below 35%. also you only need rear mud flaps no front. they need to be as wide as the tire. any mud flap will do but they need to be securely mounted (bolt or screw) and cover half the height of the tire so stock is much easier since its just push pin style mounting. as far as who did the install it doesn't matter. your lift will definitely pass if you fix a couple things, its nothing compared to other trucks here. id schedule your appointment before you get here cuz the wait is long. about a month if I recall correctly.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #9
The Red Bull

Thanks for the info. Can the recon be Done here in the states? I know I'll also have alignment papers when I do my inspection.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
TRD burglar
Bridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBridgeman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Recruiter
Name: Tyler
Bridgeman's Tacoma Gallery
You wont have to worry about having a tag on front. Just get an extra sticker for out of state registration. And just have a stock set of everything just for safety checks. As soon as you get a check, put ur goodies back on. Trust me, your truck is pretty tame compared to about 75% of trucks over there. And 95% of those arent quite legal