Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

HID's

Old 05-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #21
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Safety check and recon are a joke. I agree with your sentiment on projectors being able to pass. Ah well.....time to get an inside connection for S/C.
Yup, im originally from Hilo and I don't have too many close friends in the automotive world like I do in Hilo. I passed with the spare set I have. Thinking of selling the projectors and just going with the bulbs. Idk.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed 55w 5000k HIDs headlights with the Hi/Lo function. They work great! Didn't get a chance to see how they look for other drivers yet though. haha
Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
Just installed 55w 5000k HIDs headlights with the Hi/Lo function. They work great! Didn't get a chance to see how they look for other drivers yet though. haha
Hey bro where did you get hids with the hi/low function? I got 12k an only get low.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #24
sparks305 is on a distinguished road
Navy: QM2, USS Port Royal 2004-2009, Center for Surface Combat Systems Pearl Harbor 2009-2012
Name: Michael
sparks305's Tacoma Gallery
a got a legit safe check without hassle and had custom HID installed (just have to know the right place to go to I guess). The only thing I get heckled for is the tire not being totally flush with the fender. Which is why I kept my stock tires (something I learned when I used to have a jeep).
Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #25
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

did ya atleast attempt to aim em down?

thats way overkill in a halogen based reflector bowl
Lol... no such thing as overkill... the guy that owned the truck before had the headlights pointed straight at the ground.... like all the way to the ground. so I actually had to aim them back up.. The metal shield does a pretty good job at keeping the light more or less contained too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
Hey bro where did you get hids with the hi/low function? I got 12k an only get low.
I got them from ddmtuning.com. For most people, ddm really is hit or miss, but they're worked well for me for all of my cars.
I know Jackson at Security and Sound Systems on Beretania street sells reliable, quality, HIDs though.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
Lol... no such thing as overkill... the guy that owned the truck before had the headlights pointed straight at the ground.... like all the way to the ground. so I actually had to aim them back up.. The metal shield does a pretty good job at keeping the light more or less contained too.

I got them from ddmtuning.com. For most people, ddm really is hit or miss, but they're worked well for me for all of my cars.
I know Jackson at Security and Sound Systems on Beretania street sells reliable, quality, HIDs though.
Thanks bro