Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

HID's

Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
crouton327 is on a distinguished road

Name: ricky bobby
crouton327's Tacoma Gallery
HID's

Any of you ever got in trouble for running them or for trying to pass safety check?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
crouton327 is on a distinguished road

Name: ricky bobby
crouton327's Tacoma Gallery
nm i shoudlve read the sticky. disregard
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of anyone getting busted, guess it depends how anal th police officer is
Old 01-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah they ask you to remove the HIDs as far as LEDs they will pass you if you have those for like your license plate or reverse and stuff
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think LEDs are illegal, especially not if they're the same colour as your standard markers ie. yellow for blinkers or side markers. I used to switch mine back to yellow for safety inspect and then put my white lights back in after just in case. Fogs I doubt they care that much.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Are LEDs technically illegal? I'm running LED fog lights thats why, along with reverse, license plate, etc.
Hey Justin where I'd you buy those LEDs? Here in Hilo?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
I heard theres some shops in hilo that sell the bulbs, but for pretty big markups
Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Nope. I ordered them online from V-LED's. Their stuff's pretty expensive, but you can tell it's top quality stuff.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Ill let you know, my safety check is coming up in May and i have these,

i hope they pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouton327 View Post
Any of you ever got in trouble for running them or for trying to pass safety check?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #11
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post

i hope they pass.

That's such a clean install I doubt they'd even notice.....but what do I know.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:

i hope they pass.
Nice
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #14
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by holokai View Post
One day when I grow up I'll try installing projectors. You did them yourself? Looks super good, brah.
I missed your post, yeah I did it myself. But went to get safety check hoping it would pass....

NOPE!

It's a good thing I have a spare stock set. I guess I gotta remove them every year for safety checks. After driving with projectors, I can't go back to stock!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #15
HI TACO 66 is on a distinguished road
HI TACO 66's Tacoma Gallery
just did mine too this pass weekend, good i already got my safety
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Membor
Cowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Luke
Cowboyz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i hope they pass.
I could see how HIDs with the reflector bowl could be illegal but projectors are in all kinds of vehicles. My girlfriends Scion TC has stock projectors. I would be extremely surprised if you didnt pass with projectors.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #19

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyz View Post
I could see how HIDs with the reflector bowl could be illegal but projectors are in all kinds of vehicles. My girlfriends Scion TC has stock projectors. I would be extremely surprised if you didnt pass with projectors.
It didn't pass! The mechanic says "projectors is ok but the HID's that go in them are not". He said that of your car doesn't come stock with HID's, you are not allowed to install them for street use. I agree on the projectors not blinding to oncoming traffic but nobody told the people who write the safety inspection laws. Just gotta back door the system l like everything else here!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 AM   #20
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It didn't pass! The mechanic says "projectors is ok but the HID's that go in them are not". He said that of your car doesn't come stock with HID's, you are not allowed to install them for street use. I agree on the projectors not blinding to oncoming traffic but nobody told the people who write the safety inspection laws. Just gotta back door the system l like everything else here!
Safety check and recon are a joke. I agree with your sentiment on projectors being able to pass. Ah well.....time to get an inside connection for S/C.