LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Where To Get An Alarm Installed On Oahu?

Old 02-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Where To Get An Alarm Installed On Oahu?

Looking to get a alarm installed soon. Anyone got any info on a quality install shop. I know Security and Sound is OK but anyone know of another shop.

Oh and FYI Progressives in Aiea does really junk installs, ask me how I know!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Imua is on a distinguished road
Imua's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Professional Auto Sound in Waipahu. They were good. I got the Viper 5901 they still had in stock.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
I got mines installed @ car stereo express Aiea
Old 02-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
pay in cash, and if u need to fill out any paperwork, either use a PO box, or a fake addy.....

for the warranty card u should be able to mail it in from home to the manufacturer, Maybe u can use ur real addy.
Good advice. You never know who's working on your truck.

Better yet, get the instructions for your specific truck and do it yourself. I know not everyone has the skills, but wiring is one thing that's really hard to get done right by someone else.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
Scuzzlebutt is on a distinguished road
Scuzzlebutt's Tacoma Gallery
STOCKTRD,

What makes you say that Progressive does junk installs? I just had them do mine a couple of weeks ago...
Old 02-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzlebutt View Post
STOCKTRD,

What makes you say that Progressive does junk installs? I just had them do mine a couple of weeks ago...
Yeah i think they do it the same...and i dont think progressives is in aiea
Old 02-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Scuzzlebutt is on a distinguished road
Scuzzlebutt's Tacoma Gallery
They are in Aiea, behind cutter ford...but what makes you guys say they do bad installs?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzlebutt View Post
They are in Aiea, behind cutter ford...but what makes you guys say they do bad installs?
Had an alarm installed by Progressive in Aiea last year. A week after the install I was out driving and I hear a rattling from my AC vent.
I pulled off a panel to see whats up and found the alarm brain and antenna were just wedged in, not secured at all.
So I dug deeper and found alot of other problems. Loose wires in the engine compartment, open connections not covered up.
Wires not zip tied and just stuffed in between the panel and the AC vent.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
bharris24 is on a distinguished road

bharris24's Tacoma Gallery
Security and Sound gets my vote. They did my Viper in 07 when I bought the truck. They recently installed my Kenwood deck, probably going back for subs later. Never had any problems, pretty cool guys.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
bharris24 is on a distinguished road

bharris24's Tacoma Gallery
I love it. The sound is great, not like a rice burner at all. The intake makes it sound better too (I know... "you probably lost HP", blah blah), I think there is more punch off the line and mid range too. I got the Airaid TB spacer too. I can't really tell which mod did the most difference, cuz I did em all within a week. But the combination works well for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
Mr. Feeny is on a distinguished road
Mr. Feeny's Tacoma Gallery
Revision Audio in Kalihi . . . Owner is a great guy to work with
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #15
LexusIS808 is on a distinguished road
LexusIS808's Tacoma Gallery
the alarm shop next to lex brodies queen st. they are the best. they did my clifford
Old 03-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #16
holokai is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
Security and Sounds. Fast and the guys know what they're doing. Some of my friends get their stuff from Revision. Either way, if they're willing to let you hang out and watch the install they won't cut corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluTaco View Post
Sweet I'll google that after the bar tonight when I do my drunk binge buying for my truck...
I got weather tech floor mats last time....
That would perhaps be what I'm doing right now. . .
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Security and Sounds Systems! I take all my security and sound and lights requests to them. They did the viper alarm on my colorado and now my tacoma. They also installed my sub and amp in my rado. They do nice, clean installations.

Products Discussed in this Thread