Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Kaena Point visit

Old 02-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
Kaena Point visit

Went to Kaena Point to check the place out. Very nice area, stuck mostly to the unimproved road as i was just looking around. Took some pics of my truck regardless, it was raining so i got a tad bit muddy, meh.

And that's all the pics of the truck I cared about.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, it's a good place to just hang out and drive. there are multiple paths from what i've seen and i could have been out there all day. but it started to rain and i called it quits for a bit. I'll go again some other time, on a day with no overcast to make it better.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #4

And some other Kaena Point pictures...

^^^^ What's up with these twisty tree's? ^^^^

Enjoy!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
DDZPyrite will become famous soon enough

DDZPyrite's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures anonymous7. I have lived in Oahu all my life and have never been to Kaena Point. It looks like a really nice place to chill. Also looks like an excellent place to do some fishing. I plan on visiting that location one day. My truck is still pretty new so I'm not ready to to take it on an off-road trip just yet. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDZPyrite View Post
Nice pictures anonymous7. I have lived in Oahu all my life and have never been to Kaena Point. It looks like a really nice place to chill. Also looks like an excellent place to do some fishing. I plan on visiting that location one day. My truck is still pretty new so I'm not ready to to take it on an off-road trip just yet. Thanks for sharing.
My truck is 100% factory as far as exterior goes. The tires are obviously new, but even they are only 275/75/17... It really is very mellow and you don't have to worry about to much. There's a bunch of run off trails and the main "unimproved road" (which is, without a doubt, unimproved...) which leads all the way back to a reserve where you are forced to go ahead on foot for a nice walk (maybe i'll do it one day), or just turn around. The main road is 20+ feet across nearly the entire stretch and is just a little bumpy if anything, the worst spot on that road is probably the first few hundred feet, IMHO..
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
OP nice pics man! Man I have had choke good times out there when I had my 84 4runner back in the days, seeing these pics just brought back memories. Looks like you had some fun! How far did you go in?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #8

I went back to the reserve where it's blocked off and you are forced to turn around. I mostly stayed on the main stretch, minus a few detours for some pics.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...we go sunday??
Old 02-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
I going early Saturday before get to many people. Down north shore side. Just pau rain so get mud.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous7 View Post
I went back to the reserve where it's blocked off and you are forced to turn around. I mostly stayed on the main stretch, minus a few detours for some pics.
Havent been down there in YEARS,but before there was a "road" or more like a path that ran close to the waters edge most of the way that ran all the way to the point and a little bit around too.

Not sure where the reserve is but could you see the radar thingy on top of the mountain at that point or is that place past that antenna thingy?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOsupremacy View Post
Nice...we go sunday??
Not sunday... got quite the schedule on sunday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I going early Saturday before get to many people. Down north shore side. Just pau rain so get mud.
I might be out there saturday.. we'll see.. look for my truck out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Havent been down there in YEARS,but before there was a "road" or more like a path that ran close to the waters edge most of the way that ran all the way to the point and a little bit around too.

Not sure where the reserve is but could you see the radar thingy on top of the mountain at that point or is that place past that antenna thingy?
Yeah, it's no longer connected by road.. if you follow google maps theres a loop right where it ends and turns into a reserve. def not connected in any way.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Lol... Not to bring this thread back from the dead, but looks sick bro! im looking to head out to kaena soon. Just got a 2011 4x4 sport and wanna try it out =) too bad i still have the bridgestone H/Ts with no useful offroad grip...

tires look good!!! Your truck fits 275/75r17 with no rubbing or mods?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #14

When you guys planning on going?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #17

Nice bro. I had to work today.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick broo!! Sad to say, I never been out there in my life so I don't know what to expect.

I want to take my 4x4 sport out there but still got the stock tires. Can the 4x4 system handle pretty well out there? On the sand/ dirt road?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I'm heading to that area in August for my honeymoon. Is that area accessable by walking? I don't know what type of rental I will be getting