1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kaena Point visit

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by anonymous7, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    anonymous7

anonymous7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    TRD Sport 4x4, Satoshi grill mod, TRD Cold Air Intake,
    Went to Kaena Point to check the place out. Very nice area, stuck mostly to the unimproved road as i was just looking around. Took some pics of my truck regardless, it was raining so i got a tad bit muddy, meh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that's all the pics of the truck I cared about.

2. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    sick

one day I'll head out there...

3. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    anonymous7

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Yeah, it's a good place to just hang out and drive. there are multiple paths from what i've seen and i could have been out there all day. but it started to rain and i called it quits for a bit. I'll go again some other time, on a day with no overcast to make it better.

4. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    anonymous7

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    And some other Kaena Point pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^^^ What's up with these twisty tree's? ^^^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

5. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    DDZPyrite

DDZPyrite Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Nice pictures anonymous7. I have lived in Oahu all my life and have never been to Kaena Point. It looks like a really nice place to chill. Also looks like an excellent place to do some fishing. I plan on visiting that location one day. My truck is still pretty new so I'm not ready to to take it on an off-road trip just yet. Thanks for sharing.

6. Feb 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    anonymous7

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    My truck is 100% factory as far as exterior goes. The tires are obviously new, but even they are only 275/75/17... It really is very mellow and you don't have to worry about to much. There's a bunch of run off trails and the main "unimproved road" (which is, without a doubt, unimproved...) which leads all the way back to a reserve where you are forced to go ahead on foot for a nice walk (maybe i'll do it one day), or just turn around. The main road is 20+ feet across nearly the entire stretch and is just a little bumpy if anything, the worst spot on that road is probably the first few hundred feet, IMHO..

7. Feb 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    OP nice pics man! Man I have had choke good times out there when I had my 84 4runner back in the days, seeing these pics just brought back memories. Looks like you had some fun! How far did you go in?

8. Feb 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    anonymous7

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    I went back to the reserve where it's blocked off and you are forced to turn around. I mostly stayed on the main stretch, minus a few detours for some pics.

9. Feb 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    TACOsupremacy

TACOsupremacy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaven
    Aiea_Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05taco
    Never satisfied
    Nice...we go sunday??

10. Feb 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    ShaydenandDiezel

ShaydenandDiezel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    6 inch Pro Comp Suspension Lift. K&N intake. Air Raid throttle body spacer. 20 inch XD Diesel rims. 33x13.50 Irok tires. Single in dual out exhaust with SS tips.
    I going early Saturday before get to many people. Down north shore side. Just pau rain so get mud.

11. Feb 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Havent been down there in YEARS,but before there was a "road" or more like a path that ran close to the waters edge most of the way that ran all the way to the point and a little bit around too.

Not sure where the reserve is but could you see the radar thingy on top of the mountain at that point or is that place past that antenna thingy?

12. Feb 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    anonymous7

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Not sunday... got quite the schedule on sunday...

I might be out there saturday.. we'll see.. look for my truck out there.

Yeah, it's no longer connected by road.. if you follow google maps theres a loop right where it ends and turns into a reserve. def not connected in any way.

13. Jun 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    Lol... Not to bring this thread back from the dead, but looks sick bro! im looking to head out to kaena soon. Just got a 2011 4x4 sport and wanna try it out =) too bad i still have the bridgestone H/Ts with no useful offroad grip...

tires look good!!! Your truck fits 275/75r17 with no rubbing or mods?

14. Jun 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    ShaydenandDiezel

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    6 inch Pro Comp Suspension Lift. K&N intake. Air Raid throttle body spacer. 20 inch XD Diesel rims. 33x13.50 Irok tires. Single in dual out exhaust with SS tips.
    When you guys planning on going?

15. Jun 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    I'm going tomoro (Kam Day)... I got a stock 2010 OffRoad, but she's got ATrac if I need, not expect to though, I was gonna wait till I got my suspension on and tires but screw it, not like it's peacock flats.

16. Jun 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had a blast today, saw two sick tacomas too.
    Had are own little beach, I forgot how nice it is out there.

17. Jun 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    ShaydenandDiezel

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    Nice bro. I had to work today.

18. Jun 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    lemon177

lemon177 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 4x4 sport pyrite mica
    TRD supercharger, URD 2.85" stealth pulley, TRD exhaust, TRD intake, DTLT headers, URD y-pipe, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM100 touch with OBDII and SM-AFR modules, 885 OME 3", Icon UCAs, Satoshi grill, Solid rear window, SCS stealth 6, 285/75/17 toyo AT2.
    Go through waialua or wainae side?

19. Jun 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    Looks sick broo!! Sad to say, I never been out there in my life so I don't know what to expect.

I want to take my 4x4 sport out there but still got the stock tires. Can the 4x4 system handle pretty well out there? On the sand/ dirt road?

20. Jun 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    Mitch

Mitch Somebody call for a Wambulance?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Lights, Siren, Drugs, Needles, Electricity
    I'm heading to that area in August for my honeymoon. Is that area accessable by walking? I don't know what type of rental I will be getting

Products Discussed in

To Top