LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Anybody in Hawaii running sliders?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody in Hawaii running sliders?

Was just wondering. I was considering setting up a program with one of the custom fab guys in the mainland to bring in sliders at a more affordable price point. Right now, most kits (bolt-on) would be around $700 shipped. Weld-on is slightly more affordable. What you guys think? Would be popular?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I've seen you posting on the slider threads. I'm thinking if we could get a fab guy to do the welding (I have a few potential guys to do this) then I would have them bedlined and sell them hopefully for less than $600 for bolt-on kits. Weld-on kits would probably be in the $500 range and that would be painted/bedlined. Seems like a good deal with regards to what you'd pay by yourself otherwise.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
HonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHonoluluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Got out quite awhile ago
Name: Koi
HonoluluTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Yeah I've seen you posting on the slider threads. I'm thinking if we could get a fab guy to do the welding (I have a few potential guys to do this) then I would have them bedlined and sell them hopefully for less than $600 for bolt-on kits. Weld-on kits would probably be in the $500 range and that would be painted/bedlined. Seems like a good deal with regards to what you'd pay by yourself otherwise.
I'd be in, what brands are you looking at? I just ordered Relentless Fab bumpers and got them shipped from Fastenal. Relentless is not an option as he's backed up about 5 months right now but Fastenal is a good shipping option, cheapest I've found yet.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine shipped to a Fastenal over in HI, for a DCSB/ACLB are $479(weld) and $554(bolt).
OR... if there were a few people that want sliders all shipped to the same fastenal, additional sets go fo a lot cheaper shipping(I could get as low as $393/set shipped)! But yes I am backed up pretty bad currently.
Also, the fastenal rates are special rates negotiated with them for my business.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Mine shipped for a DCSB/ACLB are $479(weld) and $554(bolt). But yes I am backed up. Also, the fastenal rates are special rates for my business.
as soon as my left kidney is sold to these Nicaraguan black market dealers, I may be contacting you about a bumper
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
as soon as my left kidney is sold to these Nicaraguan black market dealers, I may be contacting you about a bumper

BTW, for all you Hawaii guys... get together and order at the same time if you live near eachother! I can fit up to 3 items on the same pallet, and adding items doesnt cost too much onto the base rate of $150. You guys can split that shipping and get it all over there for an awesome price! Bumpers, sliders, skids, you name it!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

BTW, for all you Hawaii guys... get together and order at the same time if you live near eachother! I can fit up to 3 items on the same pallet, and adding items doesnt cost too much onto the base rate of $150. You guys can split that shipping and get it all over there for an awesome price! Bumpers, sliders, skids, you name it!
BAZINGA!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

damn if i was in hawaii...i'd go in on this with you guys. would work out for me and kona cuz we live on the same island!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be interested, I talked to 4xinnovation a while ago hes prices aren't bad just no bolt-on kit only welds on.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
4x, Relentless, BAMF.....all good stuff.

Relentless, I'll see how much interest we could drum up. That would be awesome if we could get them down here at that price point!
sounds good. Let me know what you come up with and I'll give you guys the final shipped prices for each set of sliders/bumper/etc.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
NaPoi is on a distinguished road

Name: Mitchell
NaPoi's Tacoma Gallery
Am new here but I'm definitely interested in some sliders. Recently contacted Tim at elite off road but he currently only offers weld on's; he too ships via fastenal. Also, emailed shrockworks but the shipping via UPS was an arm & a leg. Much mahalos on making this happen. Shoots.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
haynstyle808 is on a distinguished road
haynstyle808's Tacoma Gallery
Im curious how much drilling is required for the Relentless Fab bolt on kits for a dcsb? I like the option of putting on and taking off in case i sell my truck or jus wanna take um off for one reason or another..i know Famous Fabrications is completly bolt on.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynstyle808 View Post
Im curious how much drilling is required for the Relentless Fab bolt on kits for a dcsb? I like the option of putting on and taking off in case i sell my truck or jus wanna take um off for one reason or another..i know Famous Fabrications is completly bolt on.
Not sure, but I think Relentless sliders require 4 holes to be drilled in the bottom of the frame....Hopefully he'll chime in to confirm/correct.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynstyle808 View Post
ATM there are 2 per leg required, total 8 per side. However I'm getting an in-house CNC cutting setup in a few weeks and one thing I want to do is make a no drill, or at least less drill design for mounting.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #19
haynstyle808 is on a distinguished road
haynstyle808's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, bolts ons would be awesome especially if 100% bolt on. Keep us posted!