Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hawaii Slider Group Buy

Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii Slider Group Buy

EDIT: GB END DATE PUSHED TO 5/15/12 TO ACCOMODATE NEW STYLE BOLT ON BRACKET CREATION AND ANTICIPATED WORKLOAD

I'm interested in picking up some sliders for my Taco and have been shopping the various vendors....We have a commitment from Relentless to give us a good price break on both the sliders and shipping method via purchase by pallet.

How many Hawaii Taco owners would be interested in jumping in on this? I'll post up on CL Hawaii to let others know by linking this thread.

Joining the GB
If you wanna be added to this list and are sure of your commitment to purchase via the GB, please post up in this thread with your vehicle details (Model, Year) along with what Relentless Slider design you want (std, w/kickout, weld-on, etc...). I will add you to the list. If you see your name with a ? next to it, it means you've voiced interest but have yet to be added to the GB. This GB is tentatively scheduled for completion on 5/15/12. Unless noted otherwise, assume all sliders will be in the Hybrid square/round format. If you want the full boxed/full round please note it in your post or PM. Mahalo gang!

Getting Welded?
For the Honolulu guys looking for a good place to get your sliders welded on, see Mark Duque at Plan B Fabrications - Three 8 8 - four 6 8 six. I called him today and gave him a heads up that he'll be hearing from you guys. Hopefully you can grab another discount there too and he's a cool bradda.

Pricing
- Hybrid weld on's for AC/DCSB at $375 shipped/set
- Hybrid weld on's for DCLB at $415 shipped/set

Options
- Bolt on for +$75/set.
- 1 pc kickout + $40/set
- 2 pc kickout + $60/set

GB list
1) Kidd (2012 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On w/1pc kickout)
2) oneshot808 - (2006 ACLB - Weld-On w/1pc kickout)
3) Honolulu Taco (2007 DC SB - Std Bolt-On)
4) Lemon177 (2009 ACLB - Weld-On)
5) NaPoi (2012 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
6) njbran82 (2011 DCSB - Weld-On)
7) haynstyle808 (2011 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On w/1pc kickout)
8) mutilatedjak (2011 DCSB - Weld-On w/1pc kickout)
9) aloha (2010 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
10) oldsman71442 (2010 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
11) Mr. Feeny (2011 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
12) ShaydenandDiezel
13) Kekoa8 (2008 Tacoma Access Cab - hybrid New Bolt-On w/2pc 1/2 kickout)
14) JMFH (2010 DCLB - Weld-On w/kickout)
15) mjgaddis (2009 DCLB - New Style Bolt-On with 2pc kickout)
16) 808fire (2012 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
17) veekzNUTS - (2010 AC - New Style Bolt On w/1pc kickout)
18) Reverse Quickstop - (2009 DCSB - New Style Bolt-On)
19) Jamey - (2003 Extra Cab - Bolt/weld on w/1pc kickout)
20) Tabasco808 - (2012 Access Cab - New style Bolt-On)

Pics of some Relentless Sliders - Hybrid with square/round tubing

Bent rail outer:

2-pc outers:

Link to initial thread

Slider Link
Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
haynstyle808 is on a distinguished road
haynstyle808's Tacoma Gallery
Im in. Plese put me on the list
Old 03-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
I interested too. Can get anymore info or where to look? I get an extra cab. Mahalo
Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I interested too. Can get anymore info or where to look? I get an extra cab. Mahalo
click on my signature
Old 03-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
supreme
aloha is on a distinguished road
aloha's Tacoma Gallery
Hows about DWreck sliders (famous fabrication). No drilling (for those who dont want to put pukas on their frames), but can weld em if you like. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on those.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Mahalo's thanks for the info an the add on.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
Im in...what date we looking at?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Dave, I have the All-pro sliders painted and waiting to go on after the lift. Wish this was 6 months earlier! I much rather have Relentless sliders, oh well. Nice to see this group buy shape up though, good job!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #12
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
Looks good Dave, I have the All-pro sliders painted and waiting to go on after the lift. Wish this was 6 months earlier! I much rather have Relentless sliders, oh well. Nice to see this group buy shape up though, good job!
All Pro is nice bro. We gonna have some nice Taco's pretty soon eh?
Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Not sure yet. Waiting for confirmation on a few items from Relentless.
yeah? what do you need?
Havent gotten any PMs or anything.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #14
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Relentless, feel free to list some offerings along with pricing based on a min of 5 orders if you can.
Additionally, what's the timeline looking like when you'd be able to kick off the GB? You mentioned you were back logged at the moment....which actually works for me. Just bought my lift, wheels, tires.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #15

Sorry, missed that.
So I should be able to throw up to 4 sets on a pallet I believe(maybe more, but I feel 4 is a safe number). That would put some hybrid weld on's for AC/DCSB at $375 per set shipped after a little bit of discount for the multiple orders and combining the shipping.
Make em bolt on for +$75/set.
I posted in the other thread that I am going to try and come up with some no-drill/less drill required sliders in the near future so just throwing that in here. The bolt on price may change a tad when I do that due to extra CNC cutting/etc, but thats a lot less work on your guys' end when installing. A no drill set would probably bolt up in about 20 minutes a side with hand tools, less with power tools and guys around to help hold/position the sliders onto the truck.
As for timeline, I am currently backed up months, but if we want to set a date and you can get guys in the mean time, I could then set aside some build time for your sliders.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Would they still be that price on 1st gen xtend cabs?
yes same price, but no bolt on option due to the boxed frame.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Sorry, missed that.
So I should be able to throw up to 4 sets on a pallet I believe(maybe more, but I feel 4 is a safe number). That would put some hybrid weld on's for AC/DCSB at $375 per set shipped after a little bit of discount for the multiple orders and combining the shipping.
Make em bolt on for +$75/set.
I posted in the other thread that I am going to try and come up with some no-drill/less drill required sliders in the near future so just throwing that in here. The bolt on price may change a tad when I do that due to extra CNC cutting/etc, but thats a lot less work on your guys' end when installing. A no drill set would probably bolt up in about 20 minutes a side with hand tools, less with power tools and guys around to help hold/position the sliders onto the truck.
As for timeline, I am currently backed up months, but if we want to set a date and you can get guys in the mean time, I could then set aside some build time for your sliders.
Solid! I would personally want to hold out to see the new bolt-on kits....

Would a solid GB finalized by 5/5/12 work with your current workload? Would be a good boys day gift for us guys.....

If anyone has input on what they'd like the timeline to look like voice it here along with your reasons and we'll all come to an agreement on the best all around GB deadline.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #20

I understand wanting to see the no-drill style, that is probably around a month out I'd say.
I think I could work something in for you guys about that may timeframe. I've been getting some extra help around the shop by a few friends lately, and with their help should be able to knock out some sliders pretty quick.