Notices

Taco thefts?

Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ is on a distinguished road
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Taco thefts?

Are Tacoma thefts on the rise? (Oahu)
Stories about Tacos being broken into, even with alarms?

You guys been hit? Where? Catch the punks?

Thinking of an alarm for my new Taco, but wondering what input could help me decide.
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
pringles808 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
pringles808's Tacoma Gallery
The only taco theft I know of is a person leaving his Tacoma running while going into the gas station. If anything, majority of the thefts that deal with tacomas are smash and grabs. Never leave anything valuable in the car.

A lot of uemv's on the island are dodge chargers. Due to their locking mechanism, and the ease. Thrives are hitting them up.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Asking for it to get ripped off leaving it running!
Ok, thanks for your replies. Look forward to more.
Aloha
Old 03-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was broken into last year, my story's up around here somewhere

theres LOTS being broken into and stolen on the BI. An alarm really would have helped me
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks! Sorry to hear!
What did they take?
Is it joy riding only?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Man! SO ridiculous. Losers out there.
GET A JOB and buy your own TACOMA!!!!
Sorry to hear again.
Irritation!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnJ View Post
Sucks! Sorry to hear!
What did they take?
Is it joy riding only?
They didnt steal anyhting, nor did they know about killswitches...apparently.

but what he did do...

He fuckin drank my mocha moo-latte from DQ that was in my cup holder
Old 03-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Sick-o!
Drinking someone else's drink?
LAME!

Glad no one was hurt, because Im sure you would've hurt him. Broke his hands and a swift kick to his head! Haha!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnJ View Post
Sick-o!
Drinking someone else's drink?
LAME!

Glad no one was hurt, because Im sure you would've hurt him. Broke his hands and a swift kick to his head! Haha!
I'd be banned for describing the things that I would have done to him if I caught him.

He was stealing trucks with his hapai girlfriend too!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #12
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
I know! I read that!
So desperate!!!!!!

I hear ya on the getting banned part.
I would so smack a head over someone messing with my new Tacoma! Haha!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #14
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Got it.
But I hear alarm guys rip off Tacomas too. Something about they know where the location of the truck is, and know where it's hooked up to on the truck...
We shall see. Not rushing for an alarm without more info.
RESEARCH is my best friend right now.
Thanks for your advice!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
I never hear nothing about any taco's getting ripped. I know some dirty guys, but they go for older yota's. I did hear of people getting alarms installed, then contacting the maker to reprogram the alarm. This way no one who installed it could gain access.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Auto theft gangs can work amazingly fast. I parked my '87 right in front of a Fred Meyer at 11 AM on a weekday, was in the store for less than ten minutes, and came out to find only broken glass where the four cars next to my truck had been and that my window was broken and steering console torn off. I bought one of those "clubs" for the wheel. Those things might not stop a determined thief but it seemed to make them skip my truck as I never had any problems after that. I sent a copy of the receipt to my insurance company and got $20 a year off my premium too.

I see that this is the HI thread -- I would think that it would be easier to track stolen vehicles on an island, or do they sneak them out on ships?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I never hear nothing about any taco's getting ripped. I know some dirty guys, but they go for older yota's. I did hear of people getting alarms installed, then contacting the maker to reprogram the alarm. This way no one who installed it could gain access.
Good idea.
Thanks.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980 View Post
Auto theft gangs can work amazingly fast. I parked my '87 right in front of a Fred Meyer at 11 AM on a weekday, was in the store for less than ten minutes, and came out to find only broken glass where the four cars next to my truck had been and that my window was broken and steering console torn off. I bought one of those "clubs" for the wheel. Those things might not stop a determined thief but it seemed to make them skip my truck as I never had any problems after that. I sent a copy of the receipt to my insurance company and got $20 a year off my premium too.

I see that this is the HI thread -- I would think that it would be easier to track stolen vehicles on an island, or do they sneak them out on ships?
This is why I'm thinking it's purely for joy riding if they dont steal anything from the truck. Maybe parts?
Thanks for your post.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #19
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Sad to say but toyotas in general are a huge theft object, it's been that way for as long as I can remember especially the 84-85 trucks and 4 runners
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Sad to say but toyotas in general are a huge theft object, it's been that way for as long as I can remember especially the 84-85 trucks and 4 runners
Purpose is solely for joy riding? Parts? Stuff INSIDE the truck?