Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

PakShak - Auto Detailing Supplies

Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
PakShak - Auto Detailing Supplies

So I went down today and checked out their shop in Sand Island.....Small place, kinda hard to find, but man do they carry all the best detailing supplies. I picked up Blackfire Deep Gloss spray, Collinite 845, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and a cleaning brush. The pricing ain't stellar, but it ain't unreasonable too. If you join their forums you get a 10% discount. You can't find most of these products anywhere else.

Blackfire Deep Gloss - Is a great in between waxes detailing spray that gives the finish added smoothness, and should improve beading/sheeting. This is great for all color cars.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Widely considered the best protectant for interior plastics/vinyl/rubber, it's got UV protection and applies easy. Apply it real light and buff it into the surface in question with a clean foam applicator. Non-greasy, improves sheen.

Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].

The brush, I just picked up cause my back is getting sore from crouching down to wash my wheels and wheel wells. LOL

Check um out gang.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
eight08 will become famous soon enough
eight08's Tacoma Gallery
I've spent a fortune there. Sometimes it's a little more expensive than ordering online, but the service is awesome. Ranney or the older guy always have good suggestions.

My favorite thing from them is their waffle weave drying towels. Super plush and soft and absorbant.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
PakShak is the best place on the island to pick up detailing supplies.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Ranney carries Zaino too..... Really nice guy.....I pick up from him what I can't find at Adam's.....
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
So I went down today and checked out their shop in Sand Island.....Small place, kinda hard to find, but man do they carry all the best detailing supplies. I picked up Blackfire Deep Gloss spray, Collinite 845, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and a cleaning brush. The pricing ain't stellar, but it ain't unreasonable too. If you join their forums you get a 10% discount. You can't find most of these products anywhere else.

Blackfire Deep Gloss - Is a great in between waxes detailing spray that gives the finish added smoothness, and should improve beading/sheeting. This is great for all color cars.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Widely considered the best protectant for interior plastics/vinyl/rubber, it's got UV protection and applies easy. Apply it real light and buff it into the surface in question with a clean foam applicator. Non-greasy, improves sheen.

Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].

The brush, I just picked up cause my back is getting sore from crouching down to wash my wheels and wheel wells. LOL

Check um out gang.
If you go to Alex of Adam's / Platinum Detailing.....He can put on a paint sealant called Touch Guard then you won't have to wax it as much then it'll be super glossy like mine.....
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
holokai is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
How's application with that? Humbug or does it go on/wipe off easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
If you go to Alex of Adam's / Platinum Detailing.....He can put on a paint sealant called Touch Guard then you won't have to wax it as much then it'll be super glossy like mine.....
How long does that Touch Guard last? The soot at my workplace kills clear coat. I'm using Tec-22 right now because it's easy to apply but it only lasts 3 weeks max.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
CmonMan is on a distinguished road
CmonMan's Tacoma Gallery
I use Chemical Bros Black light for mine. Super easy to use and comes out sold. I top it off with Blackfire Diamond Sealant. Comes out super glossy and water jsut beads off. I didnt wash it for 2 weeks and still never look dirty after getting hit with rain. Just washed 2 days ago and still feels slick.

Pakshack towels are bomb too. The microfiber towels are better than that stuff you buy from costco.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #10
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good stuff CmonMan.

I still haven't done anything but wash my Tacoma and it still beads like the day I applied the Collinite 845......1 month down. Opti-Coat 2.0 going on when I'm done with Collinite. Goodbye waxing.....forever!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
TOUCHGUARD has a warranty lasts 5 years..... Check out my truck in person.....You'll see the difference.....
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
dfndDARUMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
dfndDARUMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
TOUCHGUARD has a warranty lasts 5 years..... Check out my truck in person.....You'll see the difference.....
how much does that cost and how long did it take?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndDARUMA View Post
how much does that cost and how long did it take?
Check out the last page of the EXHAUST THREAD I posted it there.....
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
justinitsuj is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
justinitsuj's Tacoma Gallery
what is tech 22?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
dfndDARUMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
dfndDARUMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post

Check um out gang.
Thanks for the advice!!! I just went there today and picked up the collinite and 303 protectant, waffle microfiber towel, foam applicators, clar bar, and he threw in microfibers too...I think his name was Ron...old Japanese man...he helped me a lot and told me how to use everything...that place is my new favorite detailing place!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndDARUMA View Post
Thanks for the advice!!! I just went there today and picked up the collinite and 303 protectant, waffle microfiber towel, foam applicators, clar bar, and he threw in microfibers too...I think his name was Ron...old Japanese man...he helped me a lot and told me how to use everything...that place is my new favorite detailing place!
Yep, Ron is a cool guy with a ton of experience and knowledge in car care. Glad you got taken care of my brutha.