Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

PakShak - Auto Detailing Supplies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
S7ICKlVlAN [OP] S7ICKlVlAN is offline
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
S7ICKlVlAN's Avatar
Name: Dave
Joined: May 2009, #17250
Location: Hawaii
Gender: Guy
Posts: 1,377
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
PakShak - Auto Detailing Supplies

So I went down today and checked out their shop in Sand Island.....Small place, kinda hard to find, but man do they carry all the best detailing supplies. I picked up Blackfire Deep Gloss spray, Collinite 845, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and a cleaning brush. The pricing ain't stellar, but it ain't unreasonable too. If you join their forums you get a 10% discount. You can't find most of these products anywhere else.

Blackfire Deep Gloss - Is a great in between waxes detailing spray that gives the finish added smoothness, and should improve beading/sheeting. This is great for all color cars.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Widely considered the best protectant for interior plastics/vinyl/rubber, it's got UV protection and applies easy. Apply it real light and buff it into the surface in question with a clean foam applicator. Non-greasy, improves sheen.

Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].

The brush, I just picked up cause my back is getting sore from crouching down to wash my wheels and wheel wells. LOL

Check um out gang.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Member
eight08 will become famous soon enough
Joined: Mar 2012, #74551
Location: honolulu
Gender: Male
Posts: 37
eight08's Tacoma Gallery
I've spent a fortune there. Sometimes it's a little more expensive than ordering online, but the service is awesome. Ranney or the older guy always have good suggestions.

My favorite thing from them is their waffle weave drying towels. Super plush and soft and absorbant.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
Joined: Sep 2011, #62752
Location: In Traffic
Gender: Male
Posts: 216
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
PakShak is the best place on the island to pick up detailing supplies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all
 
TRDGRL's Avatar
Name: TRDGRL
Joined: May 2008, #6771
Location: RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
Gender: Girl
Posts: 377
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Ranney carries Zaino too..... Really nice guy.....I pick up from him what I can't find at Adam's.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all
 
TRDGRL's Avatar
Name: TRDGRL
Joined: May 2008, #6771
Location: RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
Gender: Girl
Posts: 377
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
So I went down today and checked out their shop in Sand Island.....Small place, kinda hard to find, but man do they carry all the best detailing supplies. I picked up Blackfire Deep Gloss spray, Collinite 845, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and a cleaning brush. The pricing ain't stellar, but it ain't unreasonable too. If you join their forums you get a 10% discount. You can't find most of these products anywhere else.

Blackfire Deep Gloss - Is a great in between waxes detailing spray that gives the finish added smoothness, and should improve beading/sheeting. This is great for all color cars.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Widely considered the best protectant for interior plastics/vinyl/rubber, it's got UV protection and applies easy. Apply it real light and buff it into the surface in question with a clean foam applicator. Non-greasy, improves sheen.

Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].

The brush, I just picked up cause my back is getting sore from crouching down to wash my wheels and wheel wells. LOL

Check um out gang.
If you go to Alex of Adam's / Platinum Detailing.....He can put on a paint sealant called Touch Guard then you won't have to wax it as much then it'll be super glossy like mine.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
Member
holokai is on a distinguished road
 
holokai's Avatar
Name: Jason
Joined: Jan 2012, #71333
Location: Honolulu
Gender: Male
Posts: 70
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].
How's application with that? Humbug or does it go on/wipe off easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
If you go to Alex of Adam's / Platinum Detailing.....He can put on a paint sealant called Touch Guard then you won't have to wax it as much then it'll be super glossy like mine.....
How long does that Touch Guard last? The soot at my workplace kills clear coat. I'm using Tec-22 right now because it's easy to apply but it only lasts 3 weeks max.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Junior Member
CmonMan is on a distinguished road
Joined: Mar 2012, #75538
Location: Kunia, HI
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
CmonMan's Tacoma Gallery
I use Chemical Bros Black light for mine. Super easy to use and comes out sold. I top it off with Blackfire Diamond Sealant. Comes out super glossy and water jsut beads off. I didnt wash it for 2 weeks and still never look dirty after getting hit with rain. Just washed 2 days ago and still feels slick.

Pakshack towels are bomb too. The microfiber towels are better than that stuff you buy from costco.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #10
S7ICKlVlAN [OP] S7ICKlVlAN is offline
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
S7ICKlVlAN's Avatar
Name: Dave
Joined: May 2009, #17250
Location: Hawaii
Gender: Guy
Posts: 1,377
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff CmonMan.

I still haven't done anything but wash my Tacoma and it still beads like the day I applied the Collinite 845......1 month down. Opti-Coat 2.0 going on when I'm done with Collinite. Goodbye waxing.....forever!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all
 
TRDGRL's Avatar
Name: TRDGRL
Joined: May 2008, #6771
Location: RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
Gender: Girl
Posts: 377
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
TOUCHGUARD has a warranty lasts 5 years..... Check out my truck in person.....You'll see the difference.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
Member
dfndDARUMA is on a distinguished road
 
dfndDARUMA's Avatar
Name: Jordan
Joined: Apr 2012, #76098
Location: Hawaii
Gender: Male
Posts: 52
dfndDARUMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
TOUCHGUARD has a warranty lasts 5 years..... Check out my truck in person.....You'll see the difference.....
how much does that cost and how long did it take?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all
 
TRDGRL's Avatar
Name: TRDGRL
Joined: May 2008, #6771
Location: RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
Gender: Girl
Posts: 377
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndDARUMA View Post
how much does that cost and how long did it take?
Check out the last page of the EXHAUST THREAD I posted it there.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
Member
justinitsuj is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Joined: Jun 2011, #58633
Location: Mills illest
Gender: Male
Posts: 75
justinitsuj's Tacoma Gallery
what is tech 22?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
Member
dfndDARUMA is on a distinguished road
 
dfndDARUMA's Avatar
Name: Jordan
Joined: Apr 2012, #76098
Location: Hawaii
Gender: Male
Posts: 52
dfndDARUMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
So I went down today and checked out their shop in Sand Island.....Small place, kinda hard to find, but man do they carry all the best detailing supplies. I picked up Blackfire Deep Gloss spray, Collinite 845, 303 Aerospace Protectant, and a cleaning brush. The pricing ain't stellar, but it ain't unreasonable too. If you join their forums you get a 10% discount. You can't find most of these products anywhere else.

Blackfire Deep Gloss - Is a great in between waxes detailing spray that gives the finish added smoothness, and should improve beading/sheeting. This is great for all color cars.

303 Aerospace Protectant - Widely considered the best protectant for interior plastics/vinyl/rubber, it's got UV protection and applies easy. Apply it real light and buff it into the surface in question with a clean foam applicator. Non-greasy, improves sheen.

Collinite 845 - Hardcore stuff. Insulator/Wax. Widely discussed as the longest lasting wax. Usually used in avaiation/military/industrial. This stuff is awesome and long lasting, but best used on colors like white/silver. Doesn't give as good/deep a shine as some of the other specialty waxes, but it'll do excellent on lighter colors and supposedly lasts a few months [read: 3-4 months].

The brush, I just picked up cause my back is getting sore from crouching down to wash my wheels and wheel wells. LOL

Check um out gang.
Thanks for the advice!!! I just went there today and picked up the collinite and 303 protectant, waffle microfiber towel, foam applicators, clar bar, and he threw in microfibers too...I think his name was Ron...old Japanese man...he helped me a lot and told me how to use everything...that place is my new favorite detailing place!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
S7ICKlVlAN [OP] S7ICKlVlAN is offline
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
S7ICKlVlAN's Avatar
Name: Dave
Joined: May 2009, #17250
Location: Hawaii
Gender: Guy
Posts: 1,377
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndDARUMA View Post
Thanks for the advice!!! I just went there today and picked up the collinite and 303 protectant, waffle microfiber towel, foam applicators, clar bar, and he threw in microfibers too...I think his name was Ron...old Japanese man...he helped me a lot and told me how to use everything...that place is my new favorite detailing place!
Yep, Ron is a cool guy with a ton of experience and knowledge in car care. Glad you got taken care of my brutha.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beach Supplies Kevotaco Off-Roading & Trails 40 08-15-2011 07:45 PM
Golf Supplies Pope953 Buy / Sell / Trade - Other 28 11-27-2010 05:41 PM
ardex supplies elchimpo Detailing 0 07-07-2010 11:13 PM
OffRoad supplies fsbrain03 Off-Roading & Trails 27 03-30-2010 08:50 PM
Santa Fe Auto Detailing... THXEY Southern California 8 07-07-2009 01:16 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.