Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Fog Lights for the 2.7L people - 2012s

Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
holokai is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lights for the 2.7L people - 2012s

Sucks that only the V6s get fog lights. I was freaking out cause they changed the size of the fog lights for the 2012s. Lucky there's eBay and some obsessive guys on this forum that spend the time to match up part numbers to figure out what fogs work with our 4-bangers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...rue&rt=nc#shId

Was $62 shipped. I've been following some of the threads on installing fog lights and figured might as well chance um since I found a cheap set from a buyer that'll ship to Hawaii. Will keep you guys posted once they arrive and I get a chance to install. Shouldn't be too bad *crossing fingers*
Old 03-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
808hunta is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
808hunta's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how it went. Are you gonna use a switch or are you hooking it up to the low beam lights?
Good luck
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Here's another option besides Ebay:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-solution.html
Old 03-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
holokai is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
Can't find my camera cable so pics will be up when I do.

Got them installed. The brackets on the 2.7s only have screws on one side, the other two are slotted. Not sure if this is the same for the V6 models. The fog lights I bought off of eBay had 4 screw holes so I used a dremel to cut/modify the two inner (closer to the center of the truck) holes on each housing. I used all of the wiring/switch that came with the kit. The switch is smaller than the OEM location but I didn't buy an OEM switch yet so it's stuck there temporarily. So far, so good. Busy right now so I'll finish/clean up everything in the next week or so and get the pics up.