1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Lights for the 2.7L people - 2012s

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by holokai, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mar 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    holokai

holokai [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Installed: OEM Bed Mat, Secondary Air Filter Delete/AFE/stock CAI elbow mod, LEDs ( Rear License Plate, Map, and Dome Lights), Ceramic Tint (Front 35%, Rear 27ish%), Viper Security, Image Dynamics Front Components, 4 channel Arc Audio Amp (rear channels bridged for sub), Kicker CVT 6.5 (yes, it's a tiny sub but it's enough to keep me happy), Headunit (Bluetooth and iPod/Pandora), EGR Window Visors, OEM Door Sill Protectors, Roll-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Fog Lights with 2500k bulbs, UltraGauge EM, Spidertrax spacers, Smittybilt Side Steps, Tooter 2.7 Intake Manifold Spacer Upcoming: LCE Headers?
    Sucks that only the V6s get fog lights. I was freaking out cause they changed the size of the fog lights for the 2012s. Lucky there's eBay and some obsessive guys on this forum that spend the time to match up part numbers to figure out what fogs work with our 4-bangers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...D&viewitem=&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#shId

Was $62 shipped. I've been following some of the threads on installing fog lights and figured might as well chance um since I found a cheap set from a buyer that'll ship to Hawaii. Will keep you guys posted once they arrive and I get a chance to install. Shouldn't be too bad *crossing fingers*

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 29, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    808hunta

808hunta New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Let us know how it went. Are you gonna use a switch or are you hooking it up to the low beam lights?
    Good luck

3. Mar 29, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  4. Mar 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    holokai

holokai [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Installed: OEM Bed Mat, Secondary Air Filter Delete/AFE/stock CAI elbow mod, LEDs ( Rear License Plate, Map, and Dome Lights), Ceramic Tint (Front 35%, Rear 27ish%), Viper Security, Image Dynamics Front Components, 4 channel Arc Audio Amp (rear channels bridged for sub), Kicker CVT 6.5 (yes, it's a tiny sub but it's enough to keep me happy), Headunit (Bluetooth and iPod/Pandora), EGR Window Visors, OEM Door Sill Protectors, Roll-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Fog Lights with 2500k bulbs, UltraGauge EM, Spidertrax spacers, Smittybilt Side Steps, Tooter 2.7 Intake Manifold Spacer Upcoming: LCE Headers?
    Can't find my camera cable so pics will be up when I do.

Got them installed. The brackets on the 2.7s only have screws on one side, the other two are slotted. Not sure if this is the same for the V6 models. The fog lights I bought off of eBay had 4 screw holes so I used a dremel to cut/modify the two inner (closer to the center of the truck) holes on each housing. I used all of the wiring/switch that came with the kit. The switch is smaller than the OEM location but I didn't buy an OEM switch yet so it's stuck there temporarily. So far, so good. Busy right now so I'll finish/clean up everything in the next week or so and get the pics up.

Products Discussed in

To Top