Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

My first off-roading experience

Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
DDZPyrite will become famous soon enough

DDZPyrite's Tacoma Gallery
My first off-roading experience

Aloha gang,

This evening was my first experience with off-roading and also my first time at Kaena Point. My wife went out with some friends tonight and so I didn't have much to do by myself. I decided to take my dog out with me to go on a cruise with no plans. My only intention during this drive was to find a place to use the 4wd and possibly the diff locker. My drive along the eastside lead me to mokuleia and ultimately to Kaena point. After this trip, I definitely see a lift kit in the future. Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
My first off-roading experience-img_0664.jpg   My first off-roading experience-img_0665.jpg   My first off-roading experience-img_0667.jpg   My first off-roading experience-img_0670.jpg   My first off-roading experience-img_0668.jpg  

Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! If you plan on wheeling a lot you might want to take the running boards off as well as the mudflaps cause they will eventually get broken lol
Old 04-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
Hit me up next time, i've never been there before.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
as soon as you wheel stock, you want a lift.
as soon as you get the lift, you want a better lift
as soon as you get the better lift, you want more.....

welcome to the club
Old 04-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Nice! If you plan on wheeling a lot you might want to take the running boards off as well as the mudflaps cause they will eventually get broken lol
Good advice, my mudflaps were scraping a lot. I thought I was hitting the body or drivetrain, but I looked after and didn't see any signs of damage. My mudflaps were scraped up though.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
as soon as you wheel stock, you want a lift.
as soon as you get the lift, you want a better lift
as soon as you get the better lift, you want more.....

welcome to the club
LOL! So true. What type/brand lift would you suggest. I definitely don't want spacers. I'm considering coilover kit or Bilstein 5100 with OME or Eibach springs, but don't know what type for rear. I read a lot of folks use Drakar brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon177 View Post
Hit me up next time, i've never been there before.
What part of the island do you live? Oh and welcome to Tacoma World
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDZPyrite View Post
LOL! So true. What type/brand lift would you suggest. I definitely don't want spacers. I'm considering coilover kit or Bilstein 5100 with OME or Eibach springs, but don't know what type for rear. I read a lot of folks use Drakar brand.

What part of the island do you live? Oh and welcome to Tacoma World
all depends on your budget.

"entry" but very capable lifts= bilstein 5100's with eibach coils and a toytec AAL
or
OME all around with either an AAL or Dakar leaf pack

for more money, you can grab coilovers with longer (maybe even rear resi) shocks with aftermarket leaf packs (OME Dakar, Deaver, Alcan, All-pro)
and new control arms

the possibilities are endless

FWIW Im currently running 5100's with toytec's 2" aal and eibach coils. Great budget lift that I've wheeled a lot; but I broke my AAL, so I'll be switching to all-pro leaf packs now
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
In town (kaimuki). New to the island so I still haven't been to any places.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Looks like a fun trail. offroading is sooo damn addictive!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #14
Isaiah061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Burton
Isaiah061's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! But next time shoot me a invite lol....