Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

I phone vs. Android

View Poll Results: Iphone vs Android
I Phone 4s or 5 97 41.99%
Android 134 58.01%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #341
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
I just ditched my iPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S3 during my upgrade two weeks ago. Wanted something new (iOS never changes) and figured what the hell.

Initial impressions of Android software: Wow, you can do a lot of things with it. I'm not one for too much customization, but whatever I feel like changing, I have the option to. The screen on the GS3 if awesome - my wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 and when I use her phone, I know I made the right decision even if based on the screen alone. The only issue I have with the GS3 is battery life. I have searched high and low, made numerous changes to the settings, and it has helped to an extent. With the iPhone, I could go two full days with moderate use before needing a charge. Samsung: at the end of one day I need to plug it in; it even experiences some battery loss when just sitting there in sleep.

Texting is a major hurdle I am still trying to get over with the GS3. I was a fan of the iPhone's autocorrect, it scored a 95% accuracy with me (tried texting the boss "flags" and apple thought I meant "****"). With the GS3, I have to re-read my text just to search for errors when typing - the speak to text option is pretty sweet and very accurate though. All in all, I am very happy with the decision to switch it up.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #342
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'm almost half tempted to become a hypocrite and switch to an iPhone at my next upgrade. I hate Apple and love Android when its functioning but every Android phone I've had has suffered from the eventual random reboot issue and random shut off issue where removing the battery is the only way to get it back on. My Galaxy Nexus has began now after just over a year. A shame cause its otherwise an awesome phone.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #343
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Mom just got a iphone 5, gonna jailbreak it and trade phones with her for a while, just to try it out. (I have a S3)... She originally wanted a S3 anyway, but they didn't have the color she wanted