Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

I phone vs. Android

View Poll Results: Iphone vs Android
I Phone 4s or 5 97 41.99%
Android 134 58.01%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #341
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
y iphone? cause free upgrade. Too bad all my friends had it 3 years ago.

And its hard to have a mobile phone here unless you have a car to charge it in. Most grass shacks arent allowed to have electrical outlets but the 1% run generators and have all these fancy computers and microwaves at their house.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #342
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Why in Hawaii section? We don't know what these rectangles are we have coconut wireless
we used Apples Maps to locate a good location for this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
When this thread originated, Apple's stock price was about 700.... Apple is on a pretty fast downward spiral right now. In the last 5 months, their stock price has plummeted to the mid 400's.

They have not been as innovative as their rivals (Google leading the way). They are banking on customer loyalty, which will hold them afloat for a while. I see a new CEO in their future or they will have a tough time catching up.
Which is too bad. I hope Apple can come out with new products. Competition is best for inovation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Amongst teenagers, who set trends, apple is seen as "Anti-Cool" which is vastly different that is was 2-4 years ago.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57...one-say-teens/

Also, people are finally wising up to the buy new every year for technology that was everywhere else 2 years ago. Apple is king of that shit and people are finally getting sick of it.
I think another issue lies in that Apple hasnt really come up with anything new, until the Iphone 5. Nor is there a line of products that can give people a wide choice. For example, the Tacoma. Its made by Toyota, but has 7 or more versions to accomodate most all who is interested in one. With the Iphone, you get a Black one, or White. With an Android, you have a shit load of choices. I think it would really be cool if Apple would produce more versions to accomodate different folks. I bet if they added an SD card slot, and 4.5" screen, there would be alot of folks jumping ship from Android to Apple. Keep the Iphone 5 for folks that dont want that large of a screen. And maybe have a 5" screen version to give the S3 a run for its money.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #344
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
What's this microwaves you speak of? Are they those small waves about ankle hight at the beach?
No, it's this..when they get together and protest about free healthcare...they're not getting enough of it.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #346
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
They still make iPhones?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #347
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
I am not an apple fan. But the good thing about apple is customer support. Have a problem with you samsung, and it is a hassle. I phone just drop in the apple store. My experience (actually, my daughter's) is that they treat you right if you have a problem.

Still I won't get an I phone because it is too small, lacks features I want (customization and hackability) and I hate the apple ecosystem.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #348
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman View Post
I am not an apple fan. But the good thing about apple is customer support. Have a problem with you samsung, and it is a hassle. I phone just drop in the apple store. My experience (actually, my daughter's) is that they treat you right if you have a problem.

Still I won't get an I phone because it is too small, lacks features I want (customization and hackability) and I hate the apple ecosystem.
Support for my android phone is in one of the many online tech user sites I visits. Post up a question and get an answer ASAP. Just like I wouldn't think about going to Toyota with an issue with my truck, I would come here first.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #349
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Are Samsung Galaxy smart phones taking over the world now ... ... ... We need an iPhone 6 to save the day ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D262126
Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #350
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Are Samsung Galaxy smart phones taking over the world now ... ... ... We need an iPhone 6 to save the day ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D262126
The S3 is a VERY impressive phone! The screen wont time out as long as your looking at it, the screen maintains its orientation in relation to your face, so if your laying on your side, looking at the phone, it wont rotate. And other things. I have never seen my Wifes phone lag in any way.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #351
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Love my S3! Mine, rooted and oc'd, makes all my iphone5 friends jealous it has so many more features its unreal.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Love my S3! Mine, rooted and oc'd, makes all my iphone5 friends jealous it has so many more features its unreal.
We havent scratched the surface of what my Wifes can do yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #353
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Android had 70% share in Q4. Up from 51% last year. They are dominating the smartphone industry right now.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...069TX1K0001121
Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #355
lowieboy2009 is on a distinguished road
Name: Louis
lowieboy2009's Tacoma Gallery
Well, It's up to your choice. I once had an Iphone but trade to S3, I prefer Android phone..However, when it comes to changing phone the best way is either trade or recycle. You know you can use the extra cash. Plus, you’ll be helping the environment. =)
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 AM   #357
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
I just ditched my iPhone for the Samsung Galaxy S3 during my upgrade two weeks ago. Wanted something new (iOS never changes) and figured what the hell.

Initial impressions of Android software: Wow, you can do a lot of things with it. I'm not one for too much customization, but whatever I feel like changing, I have the option to. The screen on the GS3 if awesome - my wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 and when I use her phone, I know I made the right decision even if based on the screen alone. The only issue I have with the GS3 is battery life. I have searched high and low, made numerous changes to the settings, and it has helped to an extent. With the iPhone, I could go two full days with moderate use before needing a charge. Samsung: at the end of one day I need to plug it in; it even experiences some battery loss when just sitting there in sleep.

Texting is a major hurdle I am still trying to get over with the GS3. I was a fan of the iPhone's autocorrect, it scored a 95% accuracy with me (tried texting the boss "flags" and apple thought I meant "****"). With the GS3, I have to re-read my text just to search for errors when typing - the speak to text option is pretty sweet and very accurate though. All in all, I am very happy with the decision to switch it up.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #358
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'm almost half tempted to become a hypocrite and switch to an iPhone at my next upgrade. I hate Apple and love Android when its functioning but every Android phone I've had has suffered from the eventual random reboot issue and random shut off issue where removing the battery is the only way to get it back on. My Galaxy Nexus has began now after just over a year. A shame cause its otherwise an awesome phone.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #359
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Mom just got a iphone 5, gonna jailbreak it and trade phones with her for a while, just to try it out. (I have a S3)... She originally wanted a S3 anyway, but they didn't have the color she wanted