Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

I phone vs. Android

View Poll Results: Iphone vs Android
I Phone 4s or 5 97 41.99%
Android 134 58.01%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
thats the worse of them all. you canít do half the stuff iphone or android can.
Blackberry's shortcomings are horribly overdramatized. And they do some things way better than anyone else. Most efficient phone out there, in my opinion.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverBull View Post
With apple's policies, the can search out jail-broken iPhones and deactivate them. Its happened to two of my friends' phones.
So ,

But in a duel between Android Iphone

Android for sure
What a crock of shit I've ran JB iPhones for years. My current 4S is not, cause I no longer have the need for my phone to be cool, just work.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #24
4Runner Guy
TheSilverBull is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
TheSilverBull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
What a crock of shit I've ran JB iPhones for years. My current 4S is not, cause I no longer have the need for my phone to be cool, just work.
I'm talking the new ones, the 4's.

But yea although I love my smartphone I am beginning to realize how ridiculous some of it is.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #25
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Knew it was a crock when he put "2" of his friends . LoL
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
Banned
arrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shedarrrghhh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
arrrghhh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Android:

Fully customize EVERYTHING about the phone. 100% opensource. So every aspect of the phone can be changed for free.

iPhone:
Locked down bullshit that doesn't even run flash.. Awesome.
Exactly. Android is all about choice. iPhones are great, assuming you don't mind the Apple paradigm of doing things. If you don't like Apple's way of doing things, tough titty.

I can even compile my own system images for my Android device, built from my server in my house. Can't do that with Apple devices.

All those iPhone fans, try loading music onto your phone w/o iTunes. Or how about try to send an email with an attachment that ISN'T a pic or vid. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Jail break your iphone. Done.
Still doesn't provide you with even a fraction of what Android provides, OOB. If you root said Android device, you can't even compare to what a jailbroken iFon provides.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #27
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverBull View Post
I'm talking the new ones, the 4's.

But yea although I love my smartphone I am beginning to realize how ridiculous some of it is.
Your carrier MAY be able to do such, but the maker (Apple) couldn't are less, hell, it even benefits them, cause it voids the warranty.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
IBTL
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #29
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 4S yesterday. Love it so far. Kinda always wanted to try a droid, but 2 of my friends have an android, and they tell me the battery is HORRIBLE and they freeze up constantly. Can't say my 3GS didn't do that shit either though. It's really just personal preference.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #31

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
This

VS
This

Widgets and customization. Nuff said.
This has to be the most dumb-assed post of them all.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #32
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #33
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02

Posted from my awesome non iCrap phone.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #35
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
at least my Iphone can go in the shower and pool with me everyday. or the ocean up to 6.6 feet or 2 meters.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #36
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #37

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Let's talk about viruses, oh that's right, doesn't affect IOS, only Android. Let's talk about updates, how many versions are out, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Popcorn, baloney and cheese etc... How often are the older ones updated, Oh, sorry. When you have one company making the phone, another writing the software, well "maybe" you see were this goes... I have a nice Toyota Tacoma, I wonder who's gonna make the engine, Dodge, Chevy or Yugo. Same thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #38
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
any phone can... if you put it in a waterproof case such as a pelican.

iPhone does have a lot of cool accessories that is for sure.
lifeproof case FTFW only made for iphone. i can still talk on it. i use to use a pelican on the lake and 4 wheeling with my env and stuff. hell some time they still fell in the mud and still worked i never could brake them. but i could never use the phone when it was in the pelican case.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #39
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Do your self a small favor and read a few articles on here. Android is not in the same class, Google has just dropped them. Apple rules for a reason. iphonehacks.com
Hahaha! that cracks me up Google has dropped android! Obviously you are clueless on the Android operating system. Google invented it & gave it away for free to the phone makers. Made it open source so anyone can tweak it.

Full article here..
About half of the world's smartphones will be using Google's Android operating system by the end of 2012, according to the research firm Gartner.

Google will lead the race with Apple, BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) and Microsoft by the end of this year and take 49.2% of the market in 2012, Gartner forecast on Thursday.

Iphone users are going to slam Android & Android users will slam iphone. It is the way of the world.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #40