Notices

I phone vs. Android

View Poll Results: Iphone vs Android
I Phone 4s or 5 97 41.99%
Android 134 58.01%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Every one I know with a droid talks massive crap on the iPhone . In 6 months their droid glitches and need to be replaced and in about a year they switch to a iPhone and all say they love it .
This. To the max. They're operating system is bulletproof. I have had my iPhone 4s for like 5 months now.. And it has not ONCE freezed on me.. My android? Atleast once a day or two until i switched.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #42
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post

You are getting really upset over the simple fact that your phone cant compare to the awesomeness of my phone.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!.

This!
+1

In the end, Its just a phone.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #43
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Droid X for two years and I put it through its paces and punished it on a daily basis and it never failed me. Not once. I've have seen countless numbers of my friends have issues with iPhones. I myself don't like being locking into one "look" of the phone and have to deal with itunes and all the other apple stuff. I like being able to make my phone MINE and do what I want it to do, when I want to do it.

I've got the Droid Razr now and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't go to an iphone for anything.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #44
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sword Fight!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #45
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #47
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #49
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Hahaha! that cracks me up Google has dropped android! Obviously you are clueless on the Android operating system. Google invented it & gave it away for free to the phone makers. Made it open source so anyone can tweak it.

Full article here..
About half of the world's smartphones will be using Google's Android operating system by the end of 2012, according to the research firm Gartner.

Google will lead the race with Apple, BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIM) and Microsoft by the end of this year and take 49.2% of the market in 2012, Gartner forecast on Thursday.

Iphone users are going to slam Android & Android users will slam iphone. It is the way of the world.
I'll agree with your last statement. I wish I could invest some money with those guys that can see into the future...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #50
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett1586 View Post
I had a Droid X for two years and I put it through its paces and punished it on a daily basis and it never failed me. Not once. I've have seen countless numbers of my friends have issues with iPhones. I myself don't like being locking into one "look" of the phone and have to deal with itunes and all the other apple stuff. I like being able to make my phone MINE and do what I want it to do, when I want to do it.

I've got the Droid Razr now and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't go to an iphone for anything.
x2. My Droid X is coming up on 2 years & no issues.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #51
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I wish I could invest some money with those guys that can see into the future...
Then your name would be Warren Buffet
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #52
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #53
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then your name would be Warren Buffet
Ouch, I'm kinda the total opposite of that dude, as a whole.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #54

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Now to address your "issues" with android.

Viruses - Im on the android forums every day (i spend more time on them the here ) and I have never heard of anyone getting a virus. I guess that's probably not good enough for you but whatever. Im not afraid of getting one and I dont know anyone that is.

Updates - This is an issue, but not with the OS maker, Google. It is the responsibility of the carrier to push the updates. The simple solution to this problem is to buy a Nexus phone that receives its updates directly from Google just like your iPhone receives theirs from Apple. Another simple solution is flashing a custom ROM. I wont go into this right now.

Versions - There are several versions of Android as there are several versions of iOS. The most current is Ice Cream Sandwich.

Production - You are right many different companies produce Android devices. This adds variety and competition. The same company that manufactures the phone builds the OS for it based off the template given to them by Google.

Your tacoma has parts from all over the place, Canada, Japan, Mexico, the US. Some are put together here in the US and some are put together in Mexico. Your comparison is invalid.

If you need any more clarification let me know.
I think I'm gonna need more clarification.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #55
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #56
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #57

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
http://techdraginfo.blogspot.com/201...oid-phone.html
Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #58

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Perfect...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #59
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #60
Leer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura aboutLeer has a spectacular aura about
Name: Lee
Leer's Tacoma Gallery
If I may...

I've only had Iphones since they came out. I've personally had 5 different Iphones, between my wife and my son our familly has had atleeast 9 different Iphones. I Loved them all!

Just 5 days ago, It was time to upgrade and since I use my bluetooth in my car most of the time, I decided to try out the new Galaxy Note. I'm loving this one as well!

It seems to me that there are 2 types of phones users, the first uses the phone like any other would and appreciates what any phones does right out of the box. The 2nd likes to delve a little deeper into what the phone can do and how they can make it different\better than the other persons phone i.e. jailbreaking or rooting.

The Iphone out the box is a very appealing phone for the average phone user and once jailbroken it can be loads of fun for any type of user, but it becomes a HUGE pain in the ass if you ever need to update the phone and the current version has not been jailbroken yet. I know that most of you will agree to just not update the phone, but I have been in atleast 2-3 different instances wheren I needed to update it due to an issue I was having and had to sit and waite untill I was able to jailbreak it again.

The Andriod right out of the box seems great as well. I had an android tablet for awhile so I am familiar with rooting the this device. But with my current Galaxy Note, I really don't find the need to. Everything that I had to jailbreak my Iphone to do, my Note can do straight out of the box! For that, I believe the Android has the advantage.

I especially LOVE the fact that I can get my "swype" keyboard on my Galaxy for free and without having to hack it!

Another slight advantage the I think the Android has is that there are SEVERAL different choices of phones that you can have with an android. That being said, the Iphone 4s is a sleek looking phone and one might not need to look any further for a different style.

All-in-all, I loved my Iphone and now I love my Android. And guess what, in a year or 2 I'll probably go back to loving my Iphone again!

I make calls on either on, I surf the net on either one and i listen to music\watch videos on either. I'll never be so faithful to one brand as to not be able to appreciate a better product being offered by it's competitor!!!