Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

I phone vs. Android

View Poll Results: Iphone vs Android
I Phone 4s or 5 97 41.99%
Android 134 58.01%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
ecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of lightecr6cyl10 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eddy
ecr6cyl10's Tacoma Gallery
I phone vs. Android

I am thinking of changing from Android to an I phone but I am not sure if I will like it.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
well, im glad you made a thread about that thought.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about that at one time also. But you get more phone choices with an Android.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ipwn
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
There is no Apple product that can currently stand up to the price, quality, power and amount of choice to an Android.

Android > iphone

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Every one I know with a droid talks massive crap on the iPhone . In 6 months their droid glitches and need to be replaced and in about a year they switch to a iPhone and all say they love it .
Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
captain.cardinal1 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: staff sgt
Name: chad
captain.cardinal1's Tacoma Gallery
If you guys want to switch to android, just buy my galaxy nexus for sale in the for sale\other thread. Thanks much.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #9
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Every one I know with a droid talks massive crap on the iPhone . In 6 months their droid glitches and need to be replaced and in about a year they switch to a iPhone and all say they love it .
I've ran three droids into the ground, all almost two years. All kinds of documents about how Apple engineers their products to last a specific amount of time. Everyone does.

I had an OG Droid for 2 years, Droid X and now a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Meanwhile, my iPad has been in for service once and my iPod has been in twice .. my macbook .. work issued BLOWS.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Personally I don't like the iPhone. I have used it and I didnt like the interface. Also they are overpriced and you can do more with a Droid. An iPod is as far as I go into the iFad.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never ran a rom for 6 months to find out if it glitches.. But you wouldn't know anything about different custom roms, your iPhone can't do that.

Let's see.

Android:

Fully customize EVERYTHING about the phone. 100% opensource. So every aspect of the phone can be changed for free.

iPhone:
Locked down bullshit that doesn't even run flash.. Awesome.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I've never ran a rom for 6 months to find out if it glitches.. But you wouldn't know anything about different custom roms, your iPhone can't do that.

Let's see.

Android:

Fully customize EVERYTHING about the phone. 100% opensource. So every aspect of the phone can be changed for free.

iPhone:
Jail break your iphone. Done.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Let's see.

Android:

iPhone:

See what I mean . LOL droids always on the attack like nobody knows their specs . Better isn't always BETTER .
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
See what I mean . LOL droids always on the attack like nobody knows their specs . Better isn't always BETTER .
Let them rabidly foam at the mouth. It's all good man.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2. my friend is talking about iphone 4s 5 the other day. brother is as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I've ran three droids into the ground, all almost two years. All kinds of documents about how Apple engineers their products to last a specific amount of time. Everyone does.

I had an OG Droid for 2 years, Droid X and now a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Meanwhile, my iPad has been in for service once and my iPod has been in twice .. my macbook .. work issued BLOWS.
my iphone 4 is almost a year old not one single prob. i have a 80g ipod classic that i have had for like 5 years with out a single prob. i have it in a case that have dropped it getting out of truck. dropped it at school a few times. sat on it at school. my macbook is like 1.5 years old not a single prob. my brother has one that is older and no prob with his either. mine is 13Ē brothers is 15Ē maybe youír work macbook is like it is depending on how your work has it set up. (idk what you do. but since youír work gives you a computer i assume they have it set up a certain way, like my dadís dell is from work)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Blackberry
Old 04-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Do your self a small favor and read a few articles on here. Android is not in the same class, Google has just dropped them. Apple rules for a reason. iphonehacks.com
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
4Runner Guy
TheSilverBull is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
TheSilverBull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Jail break your iphone. Done.
With apple's policies, the can search out jail-broken iPhones and deactivate them. Its happened to two of my friends' phones.
So ,

But in a duel between Android Iphone

Android for sure
Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #20
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmair View Post
Get a Blackberry
thats the worse of them all. you canít do half the stuff iphone or android can.