Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Anybody want an exhaust? Trade for your stock

Old 05-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
348rr808 is on a distinguished road
348rr808's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody want an exhaust? Trade for your stock

Watsup everybody , this is mainly for oahu. I live on the northshore. I have a 2wd 5 lug 2008 access cab long bed .. Not too sure what type of exhaust yet but its a dual like 2 1/2 - 3 " stainless steel pipes out the corners of the rear.. The exhaust was on the truck when i bought it.. Sounds chery and gives my truck a real strong n instant torque.. Not to sure about mpg's since ivehad it the whole time but the exhaust is just to loud for my taste id rather it be a smooth ride then make a roar everytime i hit the gas.. So if anyones interested reply and ill answer any questions.. Im just looking to trade for a stock 2wd exhaust and you can have mine.. If you knew how to switch them it would be the easiest if we had to go to a shop its on you but im sure someone looking for an exhaust will be stoked with it. Makes my lil truck sound like a beast!.. Mahalo
Old 05-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you guys should set a date, buy some beers, an get some TW members over there to help out and make it a get together. Nothing better then a bunch of free help.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
The only easy day was yesterday
West31 is on a distinguished road

Name: Westin
West31's Tacoma Gallery
Actually I would trade with you my stock one on my 2009 access but I dont know how to take it off and install another one. Plus my truck is a 4cyl dont know if it would fit anyhow
Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Hey guys, jeez I been checking my account like everyday since I posted this, I been waiting for something to pop up but I didn't no I just had to open the thread and it was already getting replied to. Thanks to everyone, this was my first thread but I been getting a lot of help through pm's with a bunch of great ppl..
Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
Honolulutaco I'd be stoked and interested in yours but not sure how much help I would be with helping you lift yours ?

But west we got the same truck Im pretty positive they should both fit properly?

Mahalo to all so far.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Bro's if we get enough members together I am sure we will have more then enough knowledge, personnel, tools, beers to get any job done.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #11

West31's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I dont know to much about the install stuff, but I can definitely bring a cooler of beer. Just got to let me know when and where, and heineken, budlight, blue moon, budweiser, or should I just bring a medley of everything?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #12

West31's Tacoma Gallery

Hey guys maybe you can help me. I heard a while ago that projector headlights are illegal in hawaii is that true? Cause I wanted to pick up this set up from another TW member.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #14

West31's Tacoma Gallery

Not to sure I know HIDs are illegal but another user is selling these for $50 thats a downright steal. I just hope theyre legal and I can fit them on my truck, not really a technical genius here. As for the exhaust I am totally in I just would want to put a silencer on it cause I live in a older neighborhood and dont want to piss someone off.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #15
Um, I don't have a "member"
Cheehoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Angela
Cheehoo's Tacoma Gallery
shit, they better be legal, i just put the same damn ones on my truck yesterday. Better keep the stock ones just in case. Gotta check the DMV website, or what? You guys know where i can look to see if can keep these on? (Shipping it from Utah at the end of the month)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
holokai is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
holokai's Tacoma Gallery
I think the projector housings are okay but the bulbs can't be HID unless they're OEM. It's something stupid like that seeing as some of the older models of the G35, Prius, etc, came with HID bulbs and reflector housings. If anything you can go ask a safety check place or swap in stock headlights when you need to.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #17

West31's Tacoma Gallery
Hard luck my fellow Hawaii Taco owners I was just at Goodyear getting my safety check done and when I asked him per the Dept of Trans. Regulations projector halo lights are not permitted on vehicles for aftermarket use. If the headlights are factory issued they are legal. All HID configurations are illegal but I think we all new that.

FUCK YOU dept of trans.... Shoot I know HIDs were illegal but I was hoping these were so I can see better at night. I dont understand if they are factory issued they are legal but aftermarket isnt. Thats just bullshit it should be all or nothing just make it simple. Now if I want those Halo Eyes I have to buy like and Acura or Lexus.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #18
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by West31 View Post
Hard luck my fellow Hawaii Taco owners I was just at Goodyear getting my safety check done and when I asked him per the Dept of Trans. Regulations projector halo lights are not permitted on vehicles for aftermarket use. If the headlights are factory issued they are legal. All HID configurations are illegal but I think we all new that.

FUCK YOU dept of trans.... Shoot I know HIDs were illegal but I was hoping these were so I can see better at night. I dont understand if they are factory issued they are legal but aftermarket isnt. Thats just bullshit it should be all or nothing just make it simple. Now if I want those Halo Eyes I have to buy like and Acura or Lexus.
are there a lot of guys running HIDs out there? I know big island get choke
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #19
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
HIDs are Illegal. Aftermarket Projectors are Illegal.

Cops, as long as your nice to them, won't give you a ticket. Alot of them run HIDS too now. I notice they don't really crack down on it anymore unless you have like blue HIDs lol.

the projectors are not DOT approved, even if they have the stamp, it's a fake stamp.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #20
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
HIDs are Illegal. Aftermarket Projectors are Illegal.

Cops, as long as your nice to them, won't give you a ticket. Alot of them run HIDS too now. I notice they don't really crack down on it anymore unless you have like blue HIDs lol.

the projectors are not DOT approved, even if they have the stamp, it's a fake stamp.
My dads a cop, and he told me as long as the officer doesnt see it as blue they usually wont do anything. but thats just him