Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Borla single out or dual out?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
dfndDARUMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
dfndDARUMA's Tacoma Gallery
Borla single out or dual out?

I went to ESH today and was recommended the borla exhaust because of good reasons. The manager then told me about the plus and minus of dual and single outs but wanted to get the TW family's advice for what I should do...the price isn't that much of a difference ($200) so I could go either way...thanks bruddahs and sistas!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
HawayanTacoma is on a distinguished road
HawayanTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what kind of sound quality and/or performance you want, out of the two systems. More performance and louder sound quality, with the duals. I think it will be more raspy though, not really sure. I would prefer the duals, cause I like the loud sounds, looks and performance.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #4

thanks guys yeah after thinking about it... i might go with the single out...and see if they can just cut off right after the axle so that there is no tips showing...kinda want nothing showing...was thinking about the magnaflow off road pro but according to the guy at ESH, he said that a welded borla is better than a clamped magnaflow...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
E-systems.

Check Amazon.com. They have all the brands of exhaust systems and configurations, with FREE shipping. Can't beat that! Free, LOL. I would rather go with a mandrel built system, with a lifetime guarantee. Checking out the website, kinda helps with the look that you maybe looking for. So, if your still going to go with ESH, you can tell them what you want to have your Cat-back look like. I have the tools to do it myself, so that is always a +. It is a good weekend job, to do with friends. Hope this helps. Alooooooooooooooha! HT.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have a dual out Flowmaster and I lost a couple of horses but nothing noticeable and I like the looks of the dual outs.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawayanTacoma View Post
Check Amazon.com. They have all the brands of exhaust systems and configurations, with FREE shipping. Can't beat that! Free, LOL. I would rather go with a mandrel built system, with a lifetime guarantee. Checking out the website, kinda helps with the look that you maybe looking for. So, if your still going to go with ESH, you can tell them what you want to have your Cat-back look like. I have the tools to do it myself, so that is always a +. It is a good weekend job, to do with friends. Hope this helps. Alooooooooooooooha! HT.
Aloooooooha!....
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I have a dual out Flowmaster and I lost a couple of horses but nothing noticeable and I like the looks of the dual outs.
Yah I like the dual look too but here in Hawaii...there is so many truck with duals on them...
Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfndDARUMA View Post
Yah I like the dual look too but here in Hawaii...there is so many truck with duals on them...
I got duals on mine an then some. When I start my truck up it sounds like V8 with dual exhaust. No joke. My neighboor has a Titan with dual exhaust an mine is just as deep an loud as his. As for performance, I gained horsepower an lost a little torque. I have not heard any Tacoma that sounds like mine.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
BORLA DUAL EXHAUST.....That's what I got..... Check out.....ROLAND @EXHAUST SYSTEMS IN KAiLUA he owns that shop.....Tell him Colleen w/ The black Tacoma sent you..... He'll give you a discount.....
Old 05-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I got duals on mine an then some. When I start my truck up it sounds like V8 with dual exhaust. No joke. My neighboor has a Titan with dual exhaust an mine is just as deep an loud as his. As for performance, I gained horsepower an lost a little torque. I have not heard any Tacoma that sounds like mine.
Is it raspy at all in the high RPM's?.... Someone told me at idle and low RPM's it sounds deep and low but at higher RPM's it's raspy and rice sounding...
Old 05-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
BORLA DUAL EXHAUST.....That's what I got..... Check out.....ROLAND @EXHAUST SYSTEMS IN KAiLUA he owns that shop.....Tell him Colleen w/ The black Tacoma sent you..... He'll give you a discount.....
Yeah I know Roland...he put my other exhausts on my previous 3 cars... How u like the duals?...I think I'm going with the single and chopping it right after the axle so it's clean looking with nothing sticking out...
Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I know Roland...he put my other exhausts on my previous 3 cars... How u like the duals?...I think I'm going with the single and chopping it right after the axle so it's clean looking with nothing sticking out...
Tell Roland that I referred you too so you get a extra discount.....
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Tell Roland that I referred you too so you get a extra discount.....
Shoots...u sure he going be ok with that?...don't wanna hit him up and he is like yeah I know her...and then think Ahhh dis guy just like one discount...hahahaha
Old 05-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Talking

Quote:
If Roland did your previous 3 vehicles, you should ask for an extra discount.>>> Especially if you stuck one of his ESH sticker on the bumper of your car and told all of your friends about him. No shame brah, thats Hawaiian Style! Free advertisement for him. The worse he could say was....No. Take your Significant other with you and make her ask. That is what I do. Buyaaaaaaah. Aloooooooooooha,HT.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is it raspy at all in the high RPM's?.... Someone told me at idle and low RPM's it sounds deep and low but at higher RPM's it's raspy and rice sounding...
I don't think it sounds rice sounding. It does get higher pitched. I like it tho. On the freeway it still sounds deep. I have no cats or anything. Its damn near straight pipe.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #18

Quote:
I don't think it sounds rice sounding. It does get higher pitched. I like it tho. On the freeway it still sounds deep. I have no cats or anything. Its damn near straight pipe.
Yeah I just bought the truck maybe a month ago so I need cat to not void warranty....but sounds mean...still on the fence but gonna talk to Roland and see what he thinks...but no cat?...ur truck must be loud!
Old 05-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #19
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Just call Roland 808 263 8111 tell him Colleen with the '11 Black Tacoma sent ya.....He told me if you drop my name he'll give you the Colleen's discount.....
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #20
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hope you don't get pulled over for excessive noise just saying.....