Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #2242
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I am really happy with the wheels and tires

I'm just gonna order them from Amazon. I already have an account and they only want $40 for shipping. I could swap wheels for safety inspection, but I like everything to be legit since I live in Hawaii Kai, and drive through Waikiki a lot. Cops usually are a little more strict around here than other parts of Oahu.

Actually I already have recon from when I installed the lift. But the inspector said if I get bigger tires, I have to bring it back and add it to the list. Also I heard that wider flares would have to be bolted/screwed to the fender to pass. I might just give it a shot as. The edge of the last tread block is under the fender, but the side walls do stick out. I actually like the look of the bushwackers tho.
If it was me I wouldn't bother with it. Most cops won't check. If you already have the sticker, one less reason for them to harass you. You'll be surprised, so much work to get recon and cops sometimes don't even ask for the papers. Good luck either way.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #2243
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808leo View Post
NNate u lucky guy! I had a lab final yesterday and 4 next week
Yep, I'm done till 230 next Thursday One final on stellar astronomy, I got this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post
from what I understand recon for tire width is ok upto 1 1/2" out past the fenders.
It is if you drop a plumb bob from the fender, the furthest out tread block that contacts the road (sidewall tread doesn't count) has to be within that dropped line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I stick out a little tho. I hope it doesn't bother the recon guys. I want to get color matched bushwacker pocket flares anyway

From that picture, I would say you can pass no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
Some of my favs. Click the JVE Photography link below the image to see more.

Hope you like them!
I love em!!!! Except for that one with me in it you know how us shutterbugs are..

I just liked all of them on FB, and shared two
Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #2244
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
just got that extra grille, DIY satoshi here i come
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #2245
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
stoked!! get ready for a lot of headache
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #2247
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Caint wait to see it on your truck!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #2248
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
stoked!! get ready for a lot of headache
shouldnt be too much of a head ache since i have 2 grilles i wont be in a rush or in a time restriction

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
Caint wait to see it on your truck!
i sure am looking forward to it. now i just need to find the mesh.
i would hit up homertaco but shipping would be out the wazoo.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #2249
Wholito is on a distinguished road

Wholito's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys I just got my car dealership license and am looking to break into exporting tacomas to the islands. Every time i am out there i am surrounded by Tacos. I figured i would put out the feelers with you guys. How much interest is there in your area for stock tacos or what kind (DCLB, DCSB, etc)

Also might be able to write off business trips to hawaii

Mahalo haha couldn't resist. Thanks guys!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #2250
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholito View Post
Hey Guys I just got my car dealership license and am looking to break into exporting tacomas to the islands. Every time i am out there i am surrounded by Tacos. I figured i would put out the feelers with you guys. How much interest is there in your area for stock tacos or what kind (DCLB, DCSB, etc)

Gotta say its a pretty flooded market. Even Servco Toyota selles their Tacomas at MSRP so not any big mark up. Probably make more off of used cars. But yeah Tacomas are huge in the 808 state, i like to call em the state truck haha. I do also gotta note that your next big hurdle, besides the flooded market, would be that you may find it hard to get a ton of business in Hawaii if your not from here. Trust is a big thing here and most part time residents and visitors dont recieve much of it.

just being honest. good luck, aloha!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #2251
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
Gotta say its a pretty flooded market. Even Servco Toyota selles their Tacomas at MSRP so not any big mark up. Probably make more off of used cars. But yeah Tacomas are huge in the 808 state, i like to call em the state truck haha. I do also gotta note that your next big hurdle, besides the flooded market, would be that you may find it hard to get a ton of business in Hawaii if your not from here. Trust is a big thing here and most part time residents and visitors dont recieve much of it.
just being honest. good luck, aloha!
You do know that MSRP is a nice size mark up to start with right?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #2252
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
i second what Phil said. i see more double cabs than anything. and access more than single cabs. some are lifted but id say most are stock-ish
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #2253
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know where I could get those bed bars at?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 PM   #2254
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholito View Post

You would do better with clean old school toyota trucks and SUV's
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #2255

FMF's Tacoma Gallery
So I am in the market for some new tires for my lill pickup.
What size tires and rims and lift are y'all running. Did it kill you performance ie braking and MPG?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #2256
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't think 265/75/16 would hurt too bad.. Maybe 1-2 mpg at most with all terrains maybe a lil more with mud terrains..

I was thinking about picking up the fj silver wheels but not sure if the dealership still sells em?
Old 05-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #2257
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Ask Jake. 265x75R16(70R17?) AT's will kill your mileage almost as bad as 285's

It's all about the weight and rolling resistance. The stock tires are something like 28 lbs.? And my 285/75R16 Duratrac's are ~60. Jake's 265 are about 54 lbs. And that is just the tire. You don't lose too much on the highway, I lost about 2mpg with my 285's, but my city driving went from 14 to 10. So my avg right now is 12mpg since I only drive around Kaneohe.

I would say if you are getting AT tires, don't worry about mileage. Only the Michelin's are going to get decent mileage, but it will still be less than stock.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #2258
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Ask Jake. 265x75R16(70R17?) AT's will kill your mileage almost as bad as 285's

It's all about the weight and rolling resistance. The stock tires are something like 28 lbs.? And my 285/75R16 Duratrac's are ~60. Jake's 265 are about 54 lbs. And that is just the tire. You don't lose too much on the highway, I lost about 2mpg with my 285's, but my city driving went from 14 to 10. So my avg right now is 12mpg since I only drive around Kaneohe.
it's so... damn.. true!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #2259

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
it's so... damn.. true!!!
It's best just to bury your head in the sand
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #2260

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
O wow I thought stock bridgestones were 37lb! That's a big difference! Hey Chris I just got 18 mpg but mostly freeway

Products Discussed in this Thread