1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oahu Members Thread

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Junyaboi808, Jul 2, 2012.

1. May 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Too long to list :D
    Sometimes it looks like it could be 15 or 20, but the last one was an xrunner with pitch black windows all the way around, including the windshield, by windward mall. The xunner was behind me and when I passed by the solo cop he used his little lights to do a quick u turn in front of oncoming traffic to get him.

Was that with a dropped truck? Or lifted?

I have been to Sandys at night plenty, sometimes even at 3-4 in the morning without problems. Most cops are pretty cool, especially the ones I have talked to in Kaneohe or at the Kokohead range, but there's always 1 in 10 that has to be "that guy".

2. May 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    808leo

808leo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 super white dcsb 4wd
    5100 max setting, 285/70/17 ko2, FN 6 shooter, Subaru/kicker tweeters, JBL BassPro sub, nfabs, LED lights exterior/interior.
    Most are actually pretty cool.. My dad retired in charge of Kailua actually and I use to use their weight room. Whenever I got pulled over in Kailua the cops would be ah shit I won't tell dad just be careful over here lol knock on wood still never got a speeding ticket :D

3. May 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    I was in my slammed Mazda b2200 it was about midnight all my boys was suppose to meet up and sandys for cruise em but they changed plans and I was already in HK so I pulled in to meet my friend to follow em back to his house down Kailua side no sooner then when I park a cop came flying up asking us what we were doing all suspicious he said he let us go if we show him our paper work so we do then he walks around my truck and was like you. I more recon and I said no sir
    He comes back after he write me up for not having my front plate on which was on my dash no recon and for having tape on my head lights which didn't affect the headlight at all
    And I was like dude wtf and 5 stalls down is a bunch of nalo boys drinking
    I mean I understand we not suppose to be there at night but I just drive from ewa beach and as soon as I stop I get tagged and the cop was tryna question me as to why I wasn't in ewa and all kine stuff I was really pissed at that moment and he was saying how he wishes he didn't have to give me the ticket after I explained my story abut still did then better yet he doesn't even go bother the nalo boys he pulls out and heads back to HK

That was worse experience ever with a cop most of them are cool i don't drive stupid nor do I ack like a wanna be gangsta but yeah $200 ticket

4. May 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    808leo

808leo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 super white dcsb 4wd
    5100 max setting, 285/70/17 ko2, FN 6 shooter, Subaru/kicker tweeters, JBL BassPro sub, nfabs, LED lights exterior/interior.
    That's messed up..

5. May 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 A.L.O.H.A. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Hawaiian Islands
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD SPORT Kauai Built
    Oh boy...
    Yea I got a friend in dispatch. 11 years she been with hpd. But yea she always has shit to say about the Hippocrates in hpd.

Ah damn I never saw ur truck. I did notice the other tacos beside me tho haha it was a pack. Next time tho.
    Nah Nate not the windshield. That's the major cop magnet at least I can role my windows down for the fronts. And I rarely drive late at night anyways.

6. May 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    Yeah but whatever's I paid up main thing but cops give me choke parking tickets around UH and its always when I park by a driveway though cara around me are blocking fire hydrant but I wells:p
    I just try to never drive east side at night anymore

Yup just roll em down when you see that blue and white

7. May 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 A.L.O.H.A. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Hawaiian Islands
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD SPORT Kauai Built
    Oh boy...
    ^^^ thaaaas right

8. May 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Yea, I had a few undercover? Kailua cops come get me in that little pull over by the boat ramp. I just talked story withem and answered the questions they had about the other "shady" cars parked there. I was only taking pictures and they had no problem with that in the end.

And I know the feeling, I have gotten two speeding tickets, and one for a cell phone (that I still think was BS) in my 10 years of driving, but no insurance hikes since my dad is the VP of the insurance company :D I'll take what I can get! What's funny though is when I told my dad that they "didn't know what I was talking about" when I called, he told them not to let me off next time! Turned in by my own blood...

Damn, sorry about that man! Bet he was too scared to apporach the nalo boys..

I even parked on the beach in Waikiki couple nights. Cops come up and ask what I'm doing and I show them that I'm taking pictures of stars and crap and they always seem cool . They say I have a nice truck and ask me if I would please park it on the street. That's usually all I'm doing when I'm at the beach late/early, but it doesn't hurt when I tell the cops I'm an observatory intern.

Guess its just the luck of the draw?

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  9. May 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    ......I just rattle can the Windows black except for a little rectangle so I can see. When I get pulled over I just tell um that I'm a vampire and they let me go....:rimshot:

10. May 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    That's super shetty.. That's why I put K-9 unit stickers on my truck and cones in the back to make the cops think I'm one of them. But I also got the Ohana member stickers on my license plate and windshield

11. May 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    DJSPEC

DJSPEC @GuardianAdventures

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean G
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4 & 2014 TRD SPORT DCSB & 2016 TRD-OR AC 4x4
    Viper Alarm NorthStar 31 Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 35% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows 2 Sets of Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Rigid Industries SR2 10" in HoodScoop with C4 Fabrications Hood Scoop Bracket Flowmasters Super 44 series 9942446) Firestone Destination MT/2 295/70R17 Method 702 17” 0 offset Wet Okole Seat Covers OEM Tow Hitch Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version) Matt Gecko Truck Bed LED Kit and Sliding Window Security Bar Snugtop Rebel King 2.5 adjustable front and rear Dakar HD Leaf Springs Icon tubular UCA Dirt Kings LCA
    I saw a armada with a 5% windshield at night. I looked through the side window as the was reversing. I couldn't see shet out the windshield. I don't know how he does it.. Terrible idea

12. May 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Back in the day I used to be at the beach that early/late....but I was showing the moon :eek::D

13. May 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    Vigo

Vigo WFO

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    On a rock in the pacific
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 door
    stuff...
    If that was the case, they wouldn't carry around meters to test tint %.

14. May 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    Vigo

Vigo WFO

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    On a rock in the pacific
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 door
    stuff...
    That's why I leave the windshield alone. Plus, say you hit a pedestrian, when they see your windshield tinted you'll probably get charged with manslaughter.
    I know you can still see ! But not worth the risk to me. When I ride I still use a dark smoke screen on my helmet at night. Just too lazy to swap em out.

15. May 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    Vigo

Vigo WFO

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    On a rock in the pacific
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 door
    stuff...
    Shitty deals, but driving a slammed mini, it comes with the territory.
    I always got tickets before, but I always gave the cops a reason to pull me over and write them too. Now on my second 4x4 and no tickets yet... (knock on wood). It forces you to slow down, and going fast is for bikes or really expensive cars. Maybe I'm just an old fart now. But I'm not adding to my 4 page abstract!

16. May 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    FMF

FMF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    SUSPENSION ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass coil overs and rear shocks Suspension ARB Dakar one ton Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091 U Bolt Flip Kit Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle Wheelers Front Super Bump Stops SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads WHEELS TIRES TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare. ARMOR ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders PERFORMANCE ARB Safari Snorkel TRD Performance Exhaust System INTERIOR Clazzio Leather Seat Covers LIGHTING ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights All interior lighting swapped to LED's AUDIO Front Doors: Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9 Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s Back Doors: Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½ OTHER Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem Ceramic Window Tint Bushwacker fender flares
    :facepalm:

17. May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    lol sounds about right. Dont mess with the dumb asses drinking in public. typical hpd. Fuck the hpd makes me mad everytime i hear about those douche bags.

18. May 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    lmao yah i try to keep it slow in my truck, i donno why but thats where ive recieved most of my tickets, in my slow ass little 4 banger. My cbr 1000 im usually good. I think its breaking the threshold between rediculous speeding and a little fast, you get busted driving right in the middle maybe? lol

19. May 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i got stopped at a DUI checkpoint and they actually checked my tint. I have 35%...although the cop was actually pretty cool about it...he was a newb and he was pretty much just talking story with me and making sure I wasn't drunk, and right about when i was ready to go he was like my boss gave me this (tint machine)

20. May 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    So far the DUI checkpoints I have been to were pretty cool. Just talk story for a few minutes to see if you trip up and let you go.

Products Discussed in

To Top