Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #3381
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
idk if brendoballz and the other dropped guys would want to try out kaena point though. i was thinking more parking lot, kind of like the hawaii kai spot. can always just cookout and shoot the bullshit some afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
current plans now... crank drivers side coilover to match passenger side (via 4wp or anyone who has a spring compressor) replace blocks with Alcan leaf pack. Shocks for a bigger size (eye to loop shock mount conversion) and 33" tire on my black beadlock rims which means Regearing to probably 4.56 and front and rear ARB lockers/w onboard air. whatcha guys think?
what do you need spring compressors for? if im not mistaken, you can just use the spanner wrench, no?

regearing would be awesome. if youre breaking in there you might as well get them air lockers too. how much is that supposed to cost?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #3382
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon177 View Post
what do you need spring compressors for? if im not mistaken, you can just use the spanner wrench, no?

regearing would be awesome. if youre breaking in there you might as well get them air lockers too. how much is that supposed to cost?
SAS?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #3383

do it!! so much easier to lift that til your hearts content.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #3384
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
idk if brendoballz and the other dropped guys would want to try out kaena point though. i was thinking more parking lot, kind of like the hawaii kai spot. can always just cookout and shoot the bullshit some afternoon.

Im down for Hawaii Kai cruz. Yeah can use a spanner but the spring is so damn tough im over it. i tried it before and i cant get that thing to spin. ill just take off the springs and have 4wheelparts or some other shop do em then mount them back on the truck. but i want to get everything in first before i start messing with it since im going to do another alignment.... ill probably even try get my damn recon updated so i dont gotta worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
SAS?
probably going to do that some day in the future... not now since i pretty much have everything i need for now. all im missing to complete my lift are shocks and springs for the rear.....
Old 06-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #3385
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Quote:
Hawaii kai would be cool too. I'll be going keana point a lot of July weekends anyways. If anyone wants to hang out just let me know
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #3386

alright, ill make it out sometime this month too.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #3387
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hawaii kai would be cool too. I'll be going keana point a lot of July weekends anyways. If anyone wants to hang out just let me know
I have been going every other weekend as long as its dry last weekend had a small brush fire when I was there and had a pack of jeeps OR follow the leader also had couple of Lexus SUV lifted off roading with some old 4 runners never knew lexus made a 4x4
Old 06-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #3388
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down Kaena or a parking lot cruise. If we do go Sandy's, I'm going to try the soft stuff at 9psi like last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Then your truck is the best!

Are all Nissan guys scared of the dark?!?!!? Just playing, couldn't resist!
lol! Not scared, just respectful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs2012 View Post
I have been going every other weekend as long as its dry last weekend had a small brush fire when I was there and had a pack of jeeps OR follow the leader also had couple of Lexus SUV lifted off roading with some old 4 runners never knew lexus made a 4x4
Yeah, they made that their version of a land cruiser. Pretty cool lifted.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #3389
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i have finally decided to downsize my truck. I miss the ride it was before my spacers haha (learned the hard way) so im going to take off my spacers and give them to anyone who wants them... good for leveling a stock truck if need but thats about it. Im also going to be selling my 8" leaf pack and im trying to contact Alcan so i can get a smaller pack. Im also selling my 35" nitto mud grapplers and im gunna try to find some 33"s. If anyone knows anyone that wants this stuff ill be posting the links to the Craigslist oahu thread later this afternoon.

current plans now... crank drivers side coilover to match passenger side (via 4wp or anyone who has a spring compressor) replace blocks with Alcan leaf pack. Shocks for a bigger size (eye to loop shock mount conversion) and 33" tire on my black beadlock rims which means Regearing to probably 4.56 and front and rear ARB lockers/w onboard air. whatcha guys think?
Can you just remove some leafs from the alcan? Good luck!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #3390
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Can you just remove some leafs from the alcan? Good luck!
i have been thinking that and that way i have some spare add-a-leafs for the future when they want to sag to prop them back up. i guess i could call Atlas spring
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #3391

OK guys so I just hit my 10k and my wife's 5k since that dealers in Hawaii don't recognize us dealers maintenance contracts. What oil should I put in the taco?
I'm thinking royal purple but that's what I used on my older used vehicles
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #3392
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...Yeah can use a spanner but the spring is so damn tough im over it. i tried it before and i cant get that thing to spin. ill just take off the springs and have 4wheelparts or some other shop do em then mount them back on the truck...
Here is what I did to crank my coils. With truck on the ground, (or wheel off, jack on the LCA) I wrapped some ratcheting strap clamp around my coils and tighten them as much as possible. Then jack up the truck and most of the preload will be out. Much easier to crank them this way. Spray some lube too.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #3394
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK guys so I just hit my 10k and my wife's 5k since that dealers in Hawaii don't recognize us dealers maintenance contracts. What oil should I put in the taco?
I just go with mobil1, its cheap from Costco and there's a coupon for it now.
I think spending the extra money on factory filters is more important.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 AM   #3395
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I use Royal Purple, but really any oil is good for Toyota, Nissan, or Honda engines unless you are going to crazy modify them

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Here is what I did to crank my coils. With truck on the ground, (or wheel off, jack on the LCA) I wrapped some ratcheting strap clamp around my coils and tighten them as much as possible. Then jack up the truck and most of the preload will be out. Much easier to crank them this way. Spray some lube too.
Genius!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Soaking them with wd40 really really really helps
2nd for realz!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #3396
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of recon.. was thinking of going to get it sometime soon after an alignment. recently got some 17x9 wheels. Tires now sick out a bit past the fenders. Will I need extensions to pass recon? Tread that touches road is right in line with current flares... obviously rear mud flaps don't cover all the way anymore either....
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #3397

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Speaking of recon.. was thinking of going to get it sometime soon after an alignment. recently got some 17x9 wheels. Tires now sick out a bit past the fenders. Will I need extensions to pass recon? Tread that touches road is right in line with current flares... obviously rear mud flaps don't cover all the way anymore either....
Tread will be a tossup; technically if you were to drop a plumb bob down from the fender, the furthest out tread block that contacts the road must be within that plumb bob. But if it is right on the line, it is up to them. Mine was 1/4" inside so I was good.

But the garden flares are fine as long as they are held on by screws or clips. Tape can be used also, but not as the sole means of attachment.

And rear mud flaps are required to cover the full width of the tire (same again, just the tread that contacts the road, not necessarily any sidewall bulge) and at least half way down the tire. Again, you can make mud flaps, but they have to be held on with they consider permanent means (screws/clips).
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #3398
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Tread will be a tossup; technically if you were to drop a plumb bob down from the fender, the furthest out tread block that contacts the road must be within that plumb bob. But if it is right on the line, it is up to them. Mine was 1/4" inside so I was good.

But the garden flares are fine as long as they are held on by screws or clips. Tape can be used also, but not as the sole means of attachment.

And rear mud flaps are required to cover the full width of the tire (same again, just the tread that contacts the road, not necessarily any sidewall bulge) and at least half way down the tire. Again, you can make mud flaps, but they have to be held on with they consider permanent means (screws/clips).
What brand are people using for extended mud flaps?

Anyone out there with the 05+ tacoma with 17x9 rims go get safety or recon and pass recently??
Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #3399
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post

hell to the effin yea!!! dude what an awesome idea!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #3400

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
What brand are people using for extended mud flaps?

Anyone out there with the 05+ tacoma with 17x9 rims go get safety or recon and pass recently??
I think I grabbed a pair of whatever was cheapest at checker and bolted them to my existing, so they would be long enough. Not pretty, but passed.

Products Discussed in this Thread