Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #3461
87twentytwor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
87twentytwor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I know a guy that might do it, but his source charges like $80 or something. Haven't talked to him in a while either, so dunno if he still does..
yah prices keep going up for this kind of stuff.. the whole idea of a safety check is wack considering we have the crappiest roads in the nation... safe car, but unsafe roads... just doesn;t make any sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
just do the lift then get recon. all you need is alignment within 30 days. newer trucks like ours will pass easy. Its the ghetto ass buss hondas they give a hard time. I took my TL before and it was pretty slammed and passed no issues.

The inspector was pretty cool. When I lift my truck Ill get the recon, its just not worth the hassle now to have to find a hookup.

just my humble .02
so what will they pass for recon though? i know my tires would be slightly sticking out of my fender wells.. I ain't down with drilling fender flares on my truck..
Old 07-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #3462
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Happy 4th fellas, hope everyone has a fun and safe night
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #3463
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87twentytwor View Post
so what will they pass for recon though? i know my tires would be slightly sticking out of my fender wells.. I ain't down with drilling fender flares on my truck..
Depends on of the thread blocks are sticking out or if its just the side wall bulge.

If its sidewall you will pass. If its the actual part of the tire that touches the ground it's gotta be covered. If so you can use stock wheels and pass with just the lift. Then when it's time for safety you can just swap wheels. That's gotta be a heck of a lot cheaper than 80-100 a year to pass safety.

Do keep in mind even if u put on flares pass then take off the flares a dick cop could take away your sticker (same with passing then putting on obviously wide/illegal tires) but if its just barely sticking out you most likely will never be bothered.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #3464
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon177 View Post
what time should it be finished at? o gotta work at 330am sunday morning:/
F... just found out that I'll have to start at 4:30 on sat and sun.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #3465
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=87twentytwor;7119605]yah prices keep going up for this kind of stuff.. the whole idea of a safety check is wack considering we have the crappiest roads in the nation... safe car, but unsafe roads... just doesn;t make any sense

Yeah, it seems like the state is making up rules as they go...no helmet law! But you need reflectors to pass a safety check!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #3466
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=tx novice;7121913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87twentytwor View Post
yah prices keep going up for this kind of stuff.. the whole idea of a safety check is wack considering we have the crappiest roads in the nation... safe car, but unsafe roads... just doesn;t make any sense

Yeah, it seems like the state is making up rules as they go...no helmet law! But you need reflectors to pass a safety check!
The reflectors are federal law, so they really don't have any control over that.

I'd oppose a helmet law. Why mess with Darwin? Let his theory do its thing!
Just like those riding in the back of the truck bed argument. You know the risks... I just don't know why the age requirement is 12 yrs old? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #3467
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
its kuz the guys running our state barely graduated highschool.... thats the government system. ruled by uneducated fools that like to act like they rule the world (really its a frickin island bradda cool ur jets) - thats what id tell the police chief who defines the rules of recon.... why does that douche get to tell me i cant run big wide tires with no mudflaps and HIDs. The damn cops are running HID's they tell me i cant!?

fak dat faka
Old 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #3468
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Why mess with Darwin? Let his theory do its thing!
Just like those riding in the back of the truck bed argument. You know the risks... I just don't know why the age requirement is 12 yrs old? That doesn't make any sense to me.
That's what I always say! Goes for the seat belt laws too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
thats what id tell the police chief who defines the rules of recon.... why does that douche get to tell me i cant run big wide tires with no mudflaps and HIDs.
That's the same guy who tells us we can't conceal carry, even though it is technically legal to do so in Hawaii.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #3469
87twentytwor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
87twentytwor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
Depends on of the thread blocks are sticking out or if its just the side wall bulge.

If its sidewall you will pass. If its the actual part of the tire that touches the ground it's gotta be covered. If so you can use stock wheels and pass with just the lift. Then when it's time for safety you can just swap wheels. That's gotta be a heck of a lot cheaper than 80-100 a year to pass safety.

Do keep in mind even if u put on flares pass then take off the flares a dick cop could take away your sticker (same with passing then putting on obviously wide/illegal tires) but if its just barely sticking out you most likely will never be bothered.
Well I was planning on throwing a spindle lift on my truck.. with the stock wheels i'd i have to run spacers anyway.. i'd be sticking out about .75 - 1.5 inches..

[QUOTE=Vigo;7121940]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post

EXACTLY!! Why is it mandatory for all passengers in a vehicle to wear safety belt, when anyone over 12 years of age can sit on fold out chairs in the truck bed..... anywho, im not complaining.. cuz jumping in the back of the truck is way cleaner when picking up wahine, covered in sand, at the bus stop, on the way home
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #3470
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i say get rid of all those dumb laws already... too bad we cant all sign a petition to get those stupid laws gone. unnecessary.

maui, kauai, and big island do JUST FINE without them. infact i would say we all live a much more relaxed life on those islands............. i gotta get back to Kauai ASAP damn
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #3471
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to go off topic.

Took a trip to Kaena point today

Got a few scratches on the sliders, and got high centered they're a blessing... and a curse

But on the bright side i got pulled out by another toyota (no offense Nate)
Attached Thumbnails
Oahu Members Thread-resizedimage_1373083512379.jpg   Oahu Members Thread-resizedimage_1373083512047.jpg   Oahu Members Thread-resizedimage_1373083510963.jpg   Oahu Members Thread-resizedimage_1373083511663.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #3472
geev um!

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
Sorry to go off topic.

Got a few scratches on the sliders, and got high centered they're a blessing... and a curse

If you were on the sliders, it means that you would have already been on the frame too, right? Better the sliders than the door!
I was working up on the north shore today, beautiful day! Jealous.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3473
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
If you were on the sliders, it means that you would have already been on the frame too, right? Better the sliders than the door!
I was working up on the north shore today, beautiful day! Jealous.
yeah it was frame too. but it could slide on the frame the sliders dug into the bank. i even tried the locker and was still spinning, i need to get a shovel haha. it was an awesome day, wish it wasnt as dry though.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #3474
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
what you need my man is tires and a lift
Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #3475
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
yeah it was frame too. but it could slide on the frame the sliders dug into the bank. i even tried the locker and was still spinning, i need to get a shovel haha. it was an awesome day, wish it wasnt as dry though.
Looks like fun! Wish I could have gone, but at least I got the first hole dug today

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
^ x2 ^
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #3476
808 Member

Quote:
haha yes. I AGREE ---- i think i have something in mind

looks like u had fun today brandon im jealous!!! I need to take a week off soon so hopefully maybe we can set up another truck meet with some 4x4ing or .......... 4x2ing with the assistance of us 4x4

got an update on my rear end situation.. I called Atlas pring and found out that i have the super expensive 7inch HD springs so my rear end goal will actually get to exactly what i want. The guy from Atlas said i would get exactly 7 inches of lift and that i would be able to remove one spring if i need to drop it a lil. so im keeping the springs.

going to hopefully make a full mod day i think this wednesday i could seriously use some additional hands. im planning on removing the C/o from my truck again (taking off the spacer and cranking the c/o with the ratchet strap method) then ill be taking apart the rear. Might neeed a ride to 4wp to pick up my new extended shocks . hopefully will get to start early in the AM to get done early afternoon. ill be happy to buy a case if anyone is down to come
Old 07-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #3477

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
^ x2 ^
i know, i know. im doing what i can with what i have haha. 3" lift is in the plan books, and tires will come soon after
Old 07-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #3478
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Stop by and paid Phil a visit after work and snapped a couple pics!
Truck looking like a beast brah!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #3479

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Nice comparison!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #3480
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
is there weight in the bed? was wondering how come its nose high like that.

Products Discussed in this Thread