Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #3521
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edjake21 View Post
Returning from deployment soon. Looking to have Billy 5100s installed all around. Any recommendations on a shop to do the install?
Its a pretty easy DIY if you're handy with a wrench. When you coming back?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3522
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
Used to. Haven't in a long time though
I just got the study book and ordered a radio ...
Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #3523
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
Anything going on this weekend guys? Haven't had a meet up since peacock flats weekend
Old 07-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #3524
Shooter808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mel
Shooter808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Kaneohe Goodyear aligned my truck when I bought the Duratracs. But I have since "re-alligned" it a few times myself

Otherwise, I take it to the Kaneohe Lex Brodies. The assistant manager used to drive a lifted Frontier and he is an alignment expert! Pretty cool guy too. His name is Gerard, don't know if its with a J or G though.. They do AAA discount, and sometimes have coupons on their website. I think Goodyear does AAA too?
Thanks, Nate! Do Goodyear or Lex Brodie's give the printout sheet?
Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #3525
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon177 View Post
Anything going on this weekend guys? Haven't had a meet up since peacock flats weekend
my truck is out of commish till wednesday waiting for my NEW EXTENDED SHOCKS CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe hee

cant frickin wait... oh and does anyone know how to fix the abs sensors on our truck... i might have accidently broke one when i was adjusting my axle when putting my rear end back together..... i gotta pay 200 bucks to replace it. over that shit right there

cant wait for the next meet tho
Old 07-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #3526
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter808 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good shop in town to do a proper alignment on Tacomas? I will be installing a lift kit some time within the next week. I'm getting my tires from Goodyear Kaneohe mounted on my stock Sport rims. Can they do the alignment properly or should I go somewhere else?
Fire stone has life time alignment even with aftermarket UCLA
Old 07-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #3529
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post
I just got the study book and ordered a radio ...
I passed the test at 13. Wasn't too bad
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #3530
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
my truck is out of commish till wednesday waiting for my NEW EXTENDED SHOCKS CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe hee

cant frickin wait... oh and does anyone know how to fix the abs sensors on our truck... i might have accidently broke one when i was adjusting my axle when putting my rear end back together..... i gotta pay 200 bucks to replace it. over that shit right there

cant wait for the next meet tho
depends how it looks. Fixing wires is easy, if you broke the housing, that might be hard.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #3531
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter808 View Post
Thanks, Nate! Do Goodyear or Lex Brodie's give the printout sheet?
Any alignment shop should give you the printout with your receipt. If they don't, just ask for it

But yes, both Lex Brodies and Goodyear gave me alignment sheets every time.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #3532
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
depends how it looks. Fixing wires is easy, if you broke the housing, that might be hard.
yeah it looks intact but i dunno i gotta drive it. i checked it and it doesnt look bad.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #3533
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
What radio did u get? Kenwood, icom, yeasu?
BaoFeng *UV-5R Plus* UV 5R+ Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz FM Ham Two-way Radio, Improved Stronger Case, More Rich and Enhanced Features (2013 Enhanced Version)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The reviews say that it isn't a bad rig for $50 be something to start out with. Here on the island it shouldn't be that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
I passed the test at 13. Wasn't too bad
My friend at work did it at 15, I work on electronics so it shouldn't be to bad.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #3534
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BaoFeng *UV-5R Plus* UV 5R+ Dual-Band 136-174/400-480 MHz FM Ham Two-way Radio, Improved Stronger Case, More Rich and Enhanced Features (2013 Enhanced Version)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The reviews say that it isn't a bad rig for $50 be something to start out with. Here on the island it shouldn't be that bad.

My friend at work did it at 15, I work on electronics so it shouldn't be to bad.
I was looking at one of those.. Where do you have to take the test?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #3535
Quote:
I was looking at one of those.. Where do you have to take the test?
http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-...e-exam-session

EXAM SESSION
07/16/2013 | Aiea HI 96701-4705
Sponsor: Honolulu ARC
Time: 7:00 AM (No walk-ins)
Learn More
EXAM SESSION
08/21/2013 | Honolulu HI 96816-4417
Sponsor: Oahu Civil Defense ARC
Time: 6:30 PM (No walk-ins)
Learn More
EXAM SESSION
11/20/2013 | Honolulu HI 96816-4417
Learn More
Old 07-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #3536

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-...e-exam-session

EXAM SESSION
07/16/2013 | Aiea HI 96701-4705
Sponsor: Honolulu ARC
Time: 7:00 AM (No walk-ins)
Learn More
EXAM SESSION
08/21/2013 | Honolulu HI 96816-4417
Learn More
EXAM SESSION
11/20/2013 | Honolulu HI 96816-4417
Learn More
Thanks! I'll read over the practice exam. But so far, I was way more comfortable going to the firearms safety classes
Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #3537
edjake21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Eric
edjake21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Its a pretty easy DIY if you're handy with a wrench. When you coming back?

Be back in a few months. I've changed springs and added air bags before...never changed shocks. Could I do the Billy install without a garage lift and use just a jack and jackstands?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #3538

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Be back in a few months. I've changed springs and added air bags before...never changed shocks. Could I do the Billy install without a garage lift and use just a jack and jackstands?
Yep. Biggest headache is compressing the springs.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #3539
808 Member

Quote:
Yep. Biggest headache is compressing the springs.
i double agree with that one !
Old 07-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #3540
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Sparky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did my rear billies with jackstands under the frame and a floor jack under the rear axle.

For the front coilovers, pull the struts and take them into the auto hobby shop at MCBH KBay. You can use their coil compressor machine for around $4-5 and it takes about 5 minutes (very easy). Not sure if Hickam's auto hobby shop has the same machine but I'd guess they do.

If you don't have a 2nd car, just do the install at one of the hobby shops using their lift.

Products Discussed in this Thread