Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #3541
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Thanks! I'll read over the practice exam. But so far, I was way more comfortable going to the firearms safety classes
I wanna do the firearms class when I get back hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjake21 View Post
Be back in a few months. I've changed springs and added air bags before...never changed shocks. Could I do the Billy install without a garage lift and use just a jack and jackstands?
totally could. I did mine with a jack and some stands. stock springs can be compressed with with a spring compressor (i've used the crasftmen one from sears just fine).

I could help with yours if i'm not deployed
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #3542
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky73 View Post
I did my rear billies with jackstands under the frame and a floor jack under the rear axle.

For the front coilovers, pull the struts and take them into the auto hobby shop at MCBH KBay. You can use their coil compressor machine for around $4-5 and it takes about 5 minutes (very easy). Not sure if Hickam's auto hobby shop has the same machine but I'd guess they do.

If you don't have a 2nd car, just do the install at one of the hobby shops using their lift.
no..... wayy....... SPRING COMPRESSOR>>>>> BRANDON!!!!!!!!!! we need to do this tomorrow instead of all this hard work we are doing hahahaha ill call you when im done with work we can figure this out. Much Mahalos sparky!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #3543
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
anyone use the "spring install without compressor" method?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...sor-video.html

Thinking of doing this to add in a .5" top plate spacer..
Old 07-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #3544
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Sparky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
no..... wayy....... SPRING COMPRESSOR>>>>> BRANDON!!!!!!!!!! we need to do this tomorrow instead of all this hard work we are doing hahahaha ill call you when im done with work we can figure this out. Much Mahalos sparky!!!
Glad I could assist Phil! I figured this out when the 3/4" bolts on my Harbor Freight spring compressor started bending before the springs budged. Spring compressor machine does it so quick. Takes longer to drop the struts out of the springs than it does to compress them.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #3545
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Phil, remember I was saying to check out rc4wd?

Well, their newest: http://store.rc4wd.com/Gelande-II-Tr...et_p_3248.html

But this looks more your style: http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_2108.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I wanna do the firearms class when I get back hehe
There are a few different classes, but I took the L.I.F.E. (Lessons In Firearms Education) class. I love those guys! I have been to 2 or 3 classes so far. They let me sit in when my brother/friend wanted to go. He was nervous and asked me if I would go with him..

You take the class once and you are good for life as far as the state is concerned when it comes to handguns

But the classes start to fill up about a month before..

http://www.lifehawaii.com/Welcome.html
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #3546
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky73 View Post
Glad I could assist Phil! I figured this out when the 3/4" bolts on my Harbor Freight spring compressor started bending before the springs budged. Spring compressor machine does it so quick. Takes longer to drop the struts out of the springs than it does to compress them.
haha now i know for next time. We ended up pounding it out last night. with a solid 8 inches of lift in the front and 8.5 in the rear over stock height. Ill be fixing my cv axles probably next. ill get pictures probably wednesday.

Quote:
Phil, remember I was saying to check out rc4wd?

Well, their newest: http://store.rc4wd.com/Gelande-II-Tr...et_p_3248.html

But this looks more your style: http://store.rc4wd.com/Trail-Finder-...et_p_2108.html
[/URL]
they look SIICK i want one hahaha too bad its 400 dollars.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #3547
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I want the excavator. I started to build a 1/4 scale hydraulic forklift at work. I got a hydraulic pump from a convertible audi to run it, but lost interest.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #3548
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
The rc crawlers I have currently. 2 of the 6 rc's cluttering up my living room.

GCM crosscanyon chassis, LR3 body sold already. Commanche conversion is an unfinished project, for now..

Axial Wraith

Old 07-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #3549
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I want the excavator. I started to build a 1/4 scale hydraulic forklift at work. I got a hydraulic pump from a convertible audi to run it, but lost interest.
I want the 8x8 Armageddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Beautiful! Nice color too
Old 07-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #3550
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I want the 8x8 Armageddon

Beautiful! Nice color too
Thanks, that was the "its never going to look like this again photo"
Its a new bright body. Just sold it this week actually. The cable hanging down was for the lighting, had front headlights and rear tails. I bought that for a steal so no matter. Wraith was my build though.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #3551
808 Member

yeah i think i might want that old school toyota pickup. looks super sick!!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #3552
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd get the Tamiya Hilux kit.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?Q=1&I=LXTDR4
I'd build it without the bull bar tho.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #3553

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Tundra better than the Hilux

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVWM9&P=7
Old 07-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #3555

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up for it! But I may need to tweak the traction control on mine first
Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #3556

Quote:
I like the Tundra better than the Hilux

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVWM9&P=7
If it were a crewmax, Then I'd would already have it
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #3557

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
If it were a crewmax, Then I'd would already have it
Nothing Bondo couldn't fix
Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #3558
808 Member

hahaha my girlfriend just told me she would buy the one i want for my birthday i love my woman!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #3559
wth is a junior member?

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Now we have to have a meet within a meet with RC Toys . I just got my slash 4x4 up and running! Damn that thing is fast!!
I'll probably be at sandbox on Sunday. Great track for shortcourse. I'll have my sc8.2e as well as some nitros. Pm me if you guys wanna meet up. Cost is only $12.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #3560
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to bump this up boys..

My LR-UCAs are coming in later today, and my 1/2" spacer will be coming in a day or 2. I'm a teacher, so I need to get this done sometime this week, run to Scotty's for alignment and get a recon appointment. Teachers go back to work on the 30th, and recon is wide open next week.

1/2" spacer - Was thinking of doing the lower control arm disconnect rather than taking my assembly to a shop to do. If I'm gonna have to pay for a shop to do it, I may as well just order some 885s and put those in for the same installation price. Currently I have 884s on 5100s. I don't have military access, so the hobby shops are a no go.. UNLESS someone wants to help a brother out... Anyone do the LCA "swing-down" procedure?

UCAs - I'm all for doing a DIY, but I would rather a DIY with the oversight of someone who has done theirs before. I am more than willing to cut the bolt with a sawzall or angle grinder and replace the bolt for a quicker install. If no-one has time, or has too many things going on, I completely understand. If so, I'm just gonna pay scotty's to do it. (couple bills).

Let me know... Thanks... You know beers will be cold and steaks will be on the grill....

Products Discussed in this Thread