Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #5021
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
I just went and liked it on IG and followed "bullaculla"

Nothing special. Same pics I post here.
Thanks tho! following you too
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #5022
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Well the cup I have is for pulling panels, it s about 5" in diameter. So if its a small dent it won't be of any use.
Well that might work
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #5023
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running Duratracs? I called 4 wheel parts and Goodyear and both places said I could install 265/70/17s on 17x9 rims... (Great for me)..

I like the look of the thread.. any good or bad news on these???

Anyone also have the MT/R with Kevlar?
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #5024
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Anyone running Duratracs? I called 4 wheel parts and Goodyear and both places said I could install 265/70/17s on 17x9 rims... (Great for me)..

Ask Iven he's running duratracs
Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #5025
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I love my duratracs! Got them from kaimuki Goodyear. 265/75/16 with road hazard warranty, they took off my tpms from my stock wheel, mounted them on my konigs with the new duratracs, replaced stock tires on stock wheels, and then balanced everything. All that for under $1200.
Plenty pics in my gallery and build thread.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #5026
IKA fabrications

There is also a duratrac mega thread. Apparanty they are great in the snow too
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...duratracs.html
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #5027
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Under $1200 for all that! Thats a deal. I was contenplating on toyo open country a/t 2's since i do more on road then off. Keeping my trd rims tho.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #5028
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zboy's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine on amazon 265/75/16 with free shipping 800.00 all (4)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #5029
IKA fabrications

I went with them cause they supposedly last pretty long, not too loud for an aggressive looking tire, great grip, not bad in rain, and the lighter weight load c gets pretty good gas mileage. I still get 19-20 mpg.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #5030
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeeznutz View Post
Under $1200 for all that! Thats a deal. I was contenplating on toyo open country a/t 2's since i do more on road then off. Keeping my trd rims tho.
You should get the TOYO Mud Terrains like me…..
Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #5031
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
between those A/T 2's and the Duratrac's it should suit your needs perfectly.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #5032
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
There is also a duratrac mega thread. Apparanty they are great in the snow too
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...duratracs.html
Yea, I saw that thread, but was wondering for my local Tacoma brothers.

Quote:
Yea, I'm not too excited to get new tires.. At least when it comes to my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy View Post
Got mine on amazon 265/75/16 with free shipping 800.00 all (4)
How did cost work out when you had to take it somewhere to have it installed? I also factor in the Balance and rotation, but I hardly drive my truck, so 5-7000 miles comes maybe once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I went with them cause they supposedly last pretty long, not too loud for an aggressive looking tire, great grip, not bad in rain, and the lighter weight load c gets pretty good gas mileage. I still get 19-20 mpg.
I likie the look as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
That is on the list, but how loud is it???
Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #5033
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Call me late to the party, as usual. But I got my 285/75R16 Durastracs (4 total) at the Kaneohe Goodyear mounted and balanced for $1260 with alignment and tax.

I love them! They are not the best in deep soft sand, but what tire is with a 2wd? Besides paddles

I got them mostly for the looks, and because I'm a Goodyear fan, but the ride/noise/life have surprised me.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #5034

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Call me late to the party, as usual. But I got my 285/75R16 Durastracs (4 total) at the Kaneohe Goodyear mounted and balanced for $1260 with alignment and tax.

I love them! They are not the best in deep soft sand, but what tire is with a 2wd? Besides paddles

I got them mostly for the looks, and because I'm a Goodyear fan, but the ride/noise/life have surprised me.
That's pretty much what I got quoted at kapolei Goodyear. Was try call Sam's club tomorrow and check their prices. Goodyear and 4 wheel parts said that it could be mounted on a 17x9 rim, but I think the specs are 8.5 max. Even though Sam's may be cheaper, they may not mount over specs.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #5035
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
After lasts months meet, i think ill stray away from any mud terrain. Since i dont go adventuring ill stick to the a/t's.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #5036
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's pretty much what I got quoted at kapolei Goodyear. Was try call Sam's club tomorrow and check their prices. Goodyear and 4 wheel parts said that it could be mounted on a 17x9 rim, but I think the specs are 8.5 max. Even though Sam's may be cheaper, they may not mount over specs.
I remember when I bought mine, goodyear had like a 60 or 80 dollar rebate on 4, The special comes and goes, though. Duratracs are good tires, especial on road and when its wet. I see that you were asking about the mtr's, and the duratrac cannot compare to that. The sidewalls are thin 2 ply polyester, vs the 3 ply Kevlar of the mtr's. I don't know how much that matters to you, though. Goodyear also came out with a new version of the silent armors, with a Kevlar 3 ply sidewall, if you want to look into that.
The duratrac rubber I've had has cuts, chips, and small chunks missing, but its not too bad. Also, I've never had a sidewall puncture. They last about 20K on my f350 at 70psi. They are pretty quiet in the beginning, and get noticeable louder, but not irritatingly loud.
I'd say if you don't need a MT, its a great all around tire, and the lighter weight vs a MT will give better mileage. If gas mileage matters, get the C rated one, not the E. Hope that helps!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #5037
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 285's are rated for 7" min but I have them on 6.5" lol. If you are within an inch or so you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
I remember when I bought mine, goodyear had like a 60 or 80 dollar rebate on 4, The special comes and goes, though. Duratracs are good tires, especial on road and when its wet. I see that you were asking about the mtr's, and the duratrac cannot compare to that. The sidewalls are thin 2 ply polyester, vs the 3 ply Kevlar of the mtr's. I don't know how much that matters to you, though. Goodyear also came out with a new version of the silent armors, with a Kevlar 3 ply sidewall, if you want to look into that.
The duratrac rubber I've had has cuts, chips, and small chunks missing, but its not too bad. Also, I've never had a sidewall puncture. They last about 20K on my f350 at 70psi. They are pretty quiet in the beginning, and get noticeable louder, but not irritatingly loud.
I'd say if you don't need a MT, its a great all around tire, and the lighter weight vs a MT will give better mileage. If gas mileage matters, get the C rated one, not the E. Hope that helps!
My Duratrac's are load E and are stamped 3-ply sidewall. Talked to a lot of other people and seems like older load E and newer load C have 2-ply, but newer load E have 3-ply. And my tread has some small chunking but not bad. It's from a few too many trips to Sandys

I wanted MT-R's but no one had any when I needed tires.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #5038
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
I was quoted $3150 to have a procomp 3/1 lift as well as 275/65/18 duratracs with 18x9 With KN gun metal wheels!? Is that a decent price!? Or am I paying way too much for labor? Just curious....
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #5039
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFinest Shiggz View Post
I was quoted $3150 to have a procomp 3/1 lift as well as 275/65/18 duratracs with 18x9 With KN gun metal wheels!? Is that a decent price!? Or am I paying way too much for labor? Just curious....
Lift kit you can install yourself probably save you $1,000 on labor. Installed my lift kit me and my friend only 7 hours to do.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #5040
IKA fabrications

Yep, lifting isn't that bad. I installed everything on my truck myself

Products Discussed in this Thread