Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #6621
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
Measure twice cut once. What are you? New?. Haha looking Good almost ready to play with the big boys :thumbup:
at least the measurements I did take came out perfect

last big hurdle is the electronics.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #6622
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
and let the faping begin.

Did not enjoy laying in a puddle all morning. You're my hero Ratha!

Gonna have to chop up my custom crossmember again...needs even more adjusting than originally planned for.

Getting the exhaust routing fixed tomorrow.

One step closer..
Nice...
Old 03-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #6623
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Thoughts… on everything.. Price… build.. not sure what a full bumper goes for. I know that a full bumper would be a lot more protection, but weight savings, cool and solid front recovery points, and a place to put a winch (if I ever needed one) would be some positives.. Liking the shackle points as I want a really solid point for the 4x4s to pull me out..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...nt-bumper.html
That does have a nice look to it, but I would rather go with a full bumper. Even if it adds weight, if you are going somewhere that requires a winch then armor might not be a bad thing. And then there's the zombies, of course..

Quote:

Gonna have to chop up my custom crossmember again...needs even more adjusting than originally planned for.

One step closer..
Congrats! Makin' me want to find that damn front diff
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #6624
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is interested I have a set of 8k HID bulbs looking to trade bulbs for 4300 or up to 6k.. if not ill post the kit on Craigslist.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #6625
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
baaaad ass mike!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #6626
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

One step closer..
I was surprised and not ready for what came this weekend but it was fun. Only part I hated really was the rain. Ill post up some pics of the progress wen I get the chance.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #6628
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Mike!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #6629
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner808 View Post
anyone know of any LT Tacomas on island? I'm trying to upgrade to LT very soon but I need some more info on sizes of shocks, what fabrication I need to do to the front/back, etc… I'm looking at King 2.5 3 Tube 18" bypasses but idk if they'll work in the back or not…
Aren't you into the bed at 18"? I think DFTtacoma has 18", but he has a bedcage, he might have details in his build page
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #6630
Prerunner808 is on a distinguished road

Army: Aviation
Name: Jakob
Prerunner808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
Aren't you into the bed at 18"? I think DFTtacoma has 18", but he has a bedcage, he might have details in his build page
not too sure if i would be or not… bed cage wouldn't be the end of the world but i'd like to stay out of cutting the bed and stick with shock hoops if i can… i appreciate it i will check it out
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #6631
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Jesse, if you stop by this thread
the extended flaps you put on your runner may be the biggest most ridiculous looking things ive ever seen hahaha
Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #6632
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How hard do you guys think it would be to just install the rear locking diff from ARB..... i think that might be my new plan. and go on ahead with some URD equal length headers
Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #6634
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
it's a little involved since you have to route air to it
yeah... doesn't sound too bad as long as i got someone with experience to walk me through it. that would be the only way i would do something like this. And there arent any gears to press which is a plus because lately i have heard 2 separate stories where someones gearing wasn't done right and they grinding and humming.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #6635
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Shouldn't be too bad as long as you have the right tools.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #6636
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
you wouldnt keep a shackle on this. like you would the other one. this would be more sturdy but less glamorous. the other will be fine as long as whoever pulls you out pulls straight
When you think we are going to see a working prototype??
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #6637
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
You gotta remove two bearings and repress them into the locking diff. The air line is cake. Installing the front locker made the rear locker a walk in park.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #6638
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
You gotta remove two bearings and repress them into the locking diff. The air line is cake. Installing the front locker made the rear locker a walk in park.
would u be down to help me out with the rear locker if i buy it this saturday/ or sunday
Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #6639
hawaiifinest808 is on a distinguished road
hawaiifinest808's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have a stock TRD tow hitch? I'm looking to get one PM ME thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #6640

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiifinest808 View Post
does anyone have a stock TRD tow hitch? I'm looking to get one PM ME thanks
TRD tow hitch or TRD tow hook ?? If tow hitch, it would be a regular tacoma hitch not a trd specific one. If the trd hook, I may have one as soon as brandon finishes making some shackle mounts... or wait around and buy one off him too...

Products Discussed in this Thread