Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 11:55 PM   #7641
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Just a crappy digital rebel T5i with a 580EXII flash, and 17-85mm EFS lens.
As long as it's a Canon

I've been dreaming of Fox's forever! Don't convert me too!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #7642
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got ya covered

These are pretty impressive. I might have to switch to being an ICON fanboy like you Rick

2.5 fronts with cool clicky clicky reservoir

Super beefy 2.5 rears!

Rears have 7/8" shafts with clicky resis too. Basically same as the front shocks!

Seriously beefy suspension. Cant wait to see them next to the stock shocks they are replacing!
He also got a ton of ICON stickers he's gonna apply all over the truck
Damn thats sum nice looking toys you got there!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #7643
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess we better buy some white gloves to install it
I was the same way with mine. But after a year you wont even want to clean them
The hard part will be waiting for the weekend to get here...
DoorDing got his MT lift, and then let it ferment in his garage for a year before he started to install it
I got the gloves you're looking for

I've been eyeing the 2.5 setup for a while, cdc clicky just sold it for me...hopefully later this year.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 AM   #7644
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna need some simple green to clean up my fox shocks and then put a bunch of ICON stickers on them...
he'll never notice!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #7647
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
is that cost just for the balljoint or the LCA?

i think Moog makes a balljoint that would work which is greasable and affordable

i've noticed my balljoints are leaking some. should start looking at options now rather than later.

at least you don't drive your truck everyday
Wife drives it to pick up little man from Preschool (4 mi round trip..lol).
The $900 is for a set of LCAs that have the BJ already pressed in. That attaches to the steering stop which bolts to the spindle.
Not even sure what install would run, but I would have the option of ust having scotty's do the install and align or drive the truck straight there after install for alignment only.. Have no idea how bad your alignment could be after you totally mess with the LCA. Will call around and see what it would cost me for a shop just to replace the ball joints..

Hey.. Why don't you get 4 ball joints and we can do both trucks at the same time!!! lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post

Look what Santa delivered!...lol He spare's no expense! And neither do I evidently...
WOW..

Quote:
Nate...

Cost is in the eye of the beholder...or was that beauty??...haha

Besides...My retirement check pays for my toys... Oh yeah...no wife to say, "What the hell is that!"...LMAO!

I just noticed it was blurry..I need a real camera...
I think you have some TC or Dirt King LCAs in the near future..lol.. Surprised you didn't already order them.

Quote:
lol...I hear ya. I'm keeping the truck...she won't whine about anything... And maybe after the Icons are on, I'll pick up more chicks...
Or you gonna find a chick that just wants to drive your truck.

Quote:
Uniballs is not a install and forget thing tho. They have no boot, so they need to be cleaned and oiled with a dry Teflon or wax frequently. My UCAs squeak and then needs attention maybe every two months. The upside is they are easily replaceable, but a little expensive. Search some thread about the TC UCAs. That will give you a better idea about uniballs, and if it's worth it to you. But if you go TC lowers, you may as we'll go TC uppers, and then full mid travel too
I know... I'm not helping
Long travel baby... true prerunner.. I can jump curbs.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
If was me, I would get the dirt kings and paint them orange

Not just that they are stronger, but they are easier to service yourself. Don't need a press, usually just some snap ring pliers.
Yea.. I was telling Ivan that I would have the most built prerunner (that hardly sees off-road) on the island..

Quote:

Da shit is going on... Popcorn, peanuts and beer for spectators at Iven's...lol

Damn Bro! Is that a real camera you used? Or a phone camera like mine...haha

Edit: Iven...only "ONE" Icon sticker and it's already on there... Iven...I forgot you were a professional photographer...my bad...
Damn.. I would love to come down and watch. Too bad priority is working on sliders... You gonna submit your truck for truckfest next year??
Old 04-01-2014, 12:33 AM   #7649
Strike Planner
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post

I think you have some TC or Dirt King LCAs in the near future..lol.. Surprised you didn't already order them.

Damn.. I would love to come down and watch. Too bad priority is working on sliders... You gonna submit your truck for truckfest next year??
Already Eyeing the TC's... And I'm not sure of what the Truckfest is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post
Looks pretty! Those 2.5 CDC rears make my 2.0 look like a joke. lol Did they give you a spanner wrench? I have if you need
Bought the Spanner wrench...thanks though!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 AM   #7650
Got me thinking of my setup...
Old 04-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #7652
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just a crappy digital rebel T5i with a 580EXII flash, and 17-85mm EFS lens.

Crappy t5i? Best of the rebel lineup and that flash?? Not cheap haha
Old 04-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #7653
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
Crappy t5i? Best of the rebel lineup and that flash?? Not cheap haha
I used to be a professional I carried everything from Hasselblads to 1DS mark II. Even before there was digital, I had a Canon 1n RS
The digital rebel has come a long way tho.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #7654
Now im second guessing bilsteins.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:28 AM   #7656
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife drives it to pick up little man from Preschool (4 mi round trip..lol).
The $900 is for a set of LCAs that have the BJ already pressed in. That attaches to the steering stop which bolts to the spindle.
Not even sure what install would run, but I would have the option of ust having scotty's do the install and align or drive the truck straight there after install for alignment only.. Have no idea how bad your alignment could be after you totally mess with the LCA. Will call around and see what it would cost me for a shop just to replace the ball joints..

Hey.. Why don't you get 4 ball joints and we can do both trucks at the same time!!! lol..
If you mark your alignment as it is now, you could pull it all apart and get it pretty close going back in. Found the balljoints for $30 on amazon. Almost willing to bet you could turn that $900+ job into under $200..just have to down the truck for a day or 2.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:43 AM   #7657
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you mark your alignment as it is now, you could pull it all apart and get it pretty close going back. the balljoints for $30 on amazon. Almost willing to bet you could turn that $900+ job into under $200..just have to down the truck for a day or 2.
So your saying order the ball joints, give you my LCAs, new ball joints, and $200, and I get some installed ball joints done?? Awesome.. I'll order tomorrow.. lol..

Started looking at the dirt king LCAs. Not sure about quality over TCs, but they seem to get some good approval, plus are cheaper than the TCs. I think they are a bit better looking as well.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #7658
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
I drive around at night with only my fog lights on cause that's all the light I need. A cop just pulled me over on the H1 by punahou cause he said my headlights are supposed to be on too. Luckily he let me go... Anybody else get hassled for just running their fogs? This is the first time in 2 years! I thought it only needed to be 2 forward facing lights. Didn't know that it mattered if it was top or bottoms. Lol
Old 04-01-2014, 06:54 AM   #7659
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna need some simple green to clean up my fox shocks and then put a bunch of ICON stickers on them...
he'll never notice!
Bwahahaha!

Quote:
Drink from the punch Nate...drink from the punch...hehe I'll let ya drive it afterwards, so you can decide whether you want them or not...
Oh man, I can't afford a drive in your truck!

Quote:
Yea.. I was telling Ivan that I would have the most built prerunner (that hardly sees off-road) on the island..
I probably won't be too far behind

$900 is a little high for new UCA's, but its in the ball park. And might could sell the old pair for $100 to someone willing to press in ball joints.

Quote:
I used to be a professional I carried everything from Hasselblads to 1DS mark II. Even before there was digital, I had a Canon 1n RS
Sometimes Ivan, I really don't like to like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
I drive around at night with only my fog lights on cause that's all the light I need. A cop just pulled me over on the H1 by punahou cause he said my headlights are supposed to be on too. Luckily he let me go... Anybody else get hassled for just running their fogs? This is the first time in 2 years! I thought it only needed to be 2 forward facing lights. Didn't know that it mattered if it was top or bottoms. Lol
Yep it matters I've seen people get ticketed for that. Legally it has to do with the power of the light, beam pattern, and beam height. But they also have specs for how high and how low the main beams have to be from the ground.

But yeah, technically if your vehicle is equipped with low beam headlights (which are required by law) then you have to run them when it is dark enough to do so. And they always have to be 100% functional; i.s. no burnt out bulbs.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #7660
Quote:
Nothing wrong with em, I'm on my 4th pair and will continue to use em, besides those Icons
Yeah just gonah stick with the 11" travel bilstein 5125s an 5100s upfront. Just dont no what coils to run.

Products Discussed in this Thread