Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #7661
Strike Planner
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post

I think you have some TC or Dirt King LCAs in the near future..lol.. Surprised you didn't already order them.

Damn.. I would love to come down and watch. Too bad priority is working on sliders... You gonna submit your truck for truckfest next year??
Already Eyeing the TC's... And I'm not sure of what the Truckfest is???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post
Looks pretty! Those 2.5 CDC rears make my 2.0 look like a joke. lol Did they give you a spanner wrench? I have if you need
Bought the Spanner wrench...thanks though!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #7662
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Got me thinking of my setup...
Old 03-31-2014, 11:50 PM   #7663
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Man.... suspension is turning like electronics, always better the next year.
I almost went with the Icon stage 4 but, back then they didn't have a 2.5 rear or adjustable compression for the coilovers. B-E-A U...tiful!!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:33 AM   #7664
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Just a crappy digital rebel T5i with a 580EXII flash, and 17-85mm EFS lens.

Crappy t5i? Best of the rebel lineup and that flash?? Not cheap haha
Old 04-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #7665
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
Crappy t5i? Best of the rebel lineup and that flash?? Not cheap haha
I used to be a professional I carried everything from Hasselblads to 1DS mark II. Even before there was digital, I had a Canon 1n RS
The digital rebel has come a long way tho.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:39 AM   #7666
Now im second guessing bilsteins.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #7668
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wife drives it to pick up little man from Preschool (4 mi round trip..lol).
The $900 is for a set of LCAs that have the BJ already pressed in. That attaches to the steering stop which bolts to the spindle.
Not even sure what install would run, but I would have the option of ust having scotty's do the install and align or drive the truck straight there after install for alignment only.. Have no idea how bad your alignment could be after you totally mess with the LCA. Will call around and see what it would cost me for a shop just to replace the ball joints..

Hey.. Why don't you get 4 ball joints and we can do both trucks at the same time!!! lol..
If you mark your alignment as it is now, you could pull it all apart and get it pretty close going back in. Found the balljoints for $30 on amazon. Almost willing to bet you could turn that $900+ job into under $200..just have to down the truck for a day or 2.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #7669
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
If you mark your alignment as it is now, you could pull it all apart and get it pretty close going back. the balljoints for $30 on amazon. Almost willing to bet you could turn that $900+ job into under $200..just have to down the truck for a day or 2.
So your saying order the ball joints, give you my LCAs, new ball joints, and $200, and I get some installed ball joints done?? Awesome.. I'll order tomorrow.. lol..

Started looking at the dirt king LCAs. Not sure about quality over TCs, but they seem to get some good approval, plus are cheaper than the TCs. I think they are a bit better looking as well.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 AM   #7670
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
I drive around at night with only my fog lights on cause that's all the light I need. A cop just pulled me over on the H1 by punahou cause he said my headlights are supposed to be on too. Luckily he let me go... Anybody else get hassled for just running their fogs? This is the first time in 2 years! I thought it only needed to be 2 forward facing lights. Didn't know that it mattered if it was top or bottoms. Lol
Old 04-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #7671
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm gonna need some simple green to clean up my fox shocks and then put a bunch of ICON stickers on them...
he'll never notice!
Bwahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
Drink from the punch Nate...drink from the punch...hehe I'll let ya drive it afterwards, so you can decide whether you want them or not...
Oh man, I can't afford a drive in your truck!

Quote:
Yea.. I was telling Ivan that I would have the most built prerunner (that hardly sees off-road) on the island..
I probably won't be too far behind

$900 is a little high for new UCA's, but its in the ball park. And might could sell the old pair for $100 to someone willing to press in ball joints.

Quote:
I used to be a professional I carried everything from Hasselblads to 1DS mark II. Even before there was digital, I had a Canon 1n RS
Sometimes Ivan, I really don't like to like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
I drive around at night with only my fog lights on cause that's all the light I need. A cop just pulled me over on the H1 by punahou cause he said my headlights are supposed to be on too. Luckily he let me go... Anybody else get hassled for just running their fogs? This is the first time in 2 years! I thought it only needed to be 2 forward facing lights. Didn't know that it mattered if it was top or bottoms. Lol
Yep it matters I've seen people get ticketed for that. Legally it has to do with the power of the light, beam pattern, and beam height. But they also have specs for how high and how low the main beams have to be from the ground.

But yeah, technically if your vehicle is equipped with low beam headlights (which are required by law) then you have to run them when it is dark enough to do so. And they always have to be 100% functional; i.s. no burnt out bulbs.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #7672
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Nothing wrong with em, I'm on my 4th pair and will continue to use em, besides those Icons
Yeah just gonah stick with the 11" travel bilstein 5125s an 5100s upfront. Just dont no what coils to run.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #7673
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
The digital rebel has come a long way tho.

I wish upon having a full frame. 6D at least
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #7674
HAWAIIAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeeznutz View Post
Yeah just gonah stick with the 11" travel bilstein 5125s an 5100s upfront. Just dont no what coils to run.

Ome 885 with top plate
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #7676
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So your saying order the ball joints, give you my LCAs, new ball joints, and $200, and I get some installed ball joints done?? Awesome.. I'll order tomorrow.. lol..

Started looking at the dirt king LCAs. Not sure about quality over TCs, but they seem to get some good approval, plus are cheaper than the TCs. I think they are a bit better looking as well.
as long as you don't need new cam bolts, that's where i'd ballpark it.

might be worth while to get new cam bolts and new LCA bushings too, the oem ones kind of suck to work with when they go bad.

and if feeling adventurous, gusset the spindle.

the might-as-well list always gets me into trouble
Old 04-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #7677
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
Ome 885 with top plate
To much lift. Going 4" maxtrac spindles. Debating on keeping stock coils an setting the 5100s at .85.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #7678
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeeznutz View Post
To much lift. Going 4" maxtrac spindles. Debating on keeping stock coils an setting the 5100s at .85.
Maxtrac Spindles + stock coils @ 1.75" + 1/4" top plate = 6.25" lift up front and a ride like OEM
Old 04-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
Maxtrac Spindles + stock coils @ 1.75" + 1/4" top plate = 6.25" lift up front and a ride like OEM
We'll see...
Old 04-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #7680
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Yep it matters I've seen people get ticketed for that. Legally it has to do with the power of the light, beam pattern, and beam height. But they also have specs for how high and how low the main beams have to be from the ground.

But yeah, technically if your vehicle is equipped with low beam headlights (which are required by law) then you have to run them when it is dark enough to do so. And they always have to be 100% functional; i.s. no burnt out bulbs.
Dang. Thanks Nate! The cop also said my rigids on my hood were illegal to just have there. I wasn't using them. Is that true too?

Products Discussed in this Thread