Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 AM   #10822
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Getting pretty close guys!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 04:15 AM   #10823
polekasta is on a distinguished road
polekasta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Cfuji View Post
Where you ordering from? I need dakar AAL and would be able to pay for some of the shipping.
Wheelers off road. They the only one have the leaf pack I want. Haven't seen anything close anywhere else.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #10825
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good nate. Way better looking than my welds Make sure you get a good wrap around the corners of that square tubing and tips of the gusset tho. I've seen strong backs and padeyes tear off because the weld didn't have a good wrap.

But I doubt your sliders will ever have to deal with the forces we see in the shipyard...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #10829
808state is on a distinguished road

Name: Randy
808state's Tacoma Gallery
Tried to install spacers on my rear SuperBumps today. Removed the Allen bolt and the backing nut fell into the pedestal. Crap, I thought the pedestal was threaded. Now I gotta rip the u-bolts off to remove the pedestal to get to the backing nut.

Should I get new u-bolts? I already reused them when I had the OME aal installed.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #10832
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Saw Kaleo parked nexted to Taco Bell
Lol! U see the new nfab steps compliments of Dana.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #10833
Parked so far just to eat breakfast at koa pancake house.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #10835
I saw brandons truck infront da commisary.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #10836
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Looking good nate. Way better looking than my welds Make sure you get a good wrap around the corners of that square tubing and tips of the gusset tho. I've seen strong backs and padeyes tear off because the weld didn't have a good wrap.

But I doubt your sliders will ever have to deal with the forces we see in the shipyard...
Yeah, I still can't seem to get the hang of wrapping the corners right.. I went back and filled then all in And I ground the tips of the gussets down flush then wrapped the welds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
interesting reverse-hybrid setup for those sliders,
look great!
I wanted all round tube, but didn't have enough left. Only had 18 feet of round, and 21 feet of square. I'm not the happiest with the look, and they won't be the strongest. But they'll do for now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
Nate...what's your theory with the front angle tube? Wouldn't that normally go towards the rear? For push off? Or am I bass-ackwards
I just had an extra foot and a half of tube and was worried about flex. The rear is going to get another support at the very back, so it shouldn't need any extra bracing..
Old 06-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #10838
batmobile will become famous soon enoughbatmobile will become famous soon enough
batmobile's Tacoma Gallery
got my truck back. great condition. drives better than before the accident.

but. my gf, now ex, just keyed my whole right side. fucked up tint. and put multiple dents.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #10839
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808state View Post
Tried to install spacers on my rear SuperBumps today. Removed the Allen bolt and the backing nut fell into the pedestal. Crap, I thought the pedestal was threaded. Now I gotta rip the u-bolts off to remove the pedestal to get to the backing nut.

Should I get new u-bolts? I already reused them when I had the OME aal installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
X2
Yep. This is Ricks. Drill and tap the top plate, then drill holes in the superbump pedestal. Then you can adjust or replace the bump without having to loosen the U bolts.

Mine are the same, but not nearly as clean
Old 06-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #10840
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
got my truck back. great condition. drives better than before the accident.

but. my gf, now ex, just keyed my whole right side. fucked up tint. and put multiple dents.
damn........ just....... damn

probably my biggest fear/nightmare

Products Discussed in this Thread