LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #1241
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
went up to kaena point today, and played in the mud. Along with pulling a jeep out, a Ford and a FJ.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #1242
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
retrofitted headlights are a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE improvement over halogens and reflector-housed hid bulbs

After having all three, the retro outperforms the others exponentially; anyone can benefit from better night vision
If i had the funds laying around, id do the retros. My headlamps need replacement anyway. Stupid DTRLs melted the interior of the lenses. Of course Toyota said they wouldn't do anything about it cause this was the "first" they had heard of it.... BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
went up to kaena point today, and played in the mud. Along with pulling a jeep out, a Ford and a FJ.

How'd that ford end up down there?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #1243
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
If i had the funds laying around, id do the retros. My headlamps need replacement anyway. Stupid DTRLs melted the interior of the lenses. Of course Toyota said they wouldn't do anything about it cause this was the "first" they had heard of it.... BS
I had the same problem, ended up getting the 2011 sport ones for the factory tinted housing

Quote:
Agree... i ran HIDs in the headlights for a while. I liked them cause they were bright. (6000k 55watt). Im plenty happy with my piaas right now. Still kept the HIDs in the fogs!

Mike, hows that lift coming? Looking forward to seeing the truck with the new suspension. We all need to meet up for a mod day, then plan on a kaena point trip again. Ive gotten better with final cut over the last few nights... next video wont be as long!!
Got the last of of everything I was waiting for except the rear shocks. Planning to install front to back.

Hopefully I can do everything tomorrow. Doing it at my co-workers place, he's got more tools then I do, and that's saying something

I'll try to remember to take pics, but I have a feeling i'll be breaking my ass to get done in 5-6 hours
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #1244
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Quote:

it was so slick that he slid right down
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #1245
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I had the same problem, ended up getting the 2011 sport ones for the factory tinted housing

Got the last of of everything I was waiting for except the rear shocks. Planning to install front to back.

Hopefully I can do everything tomorrow. Doing it at my co-workers place, he's got more tools then I do, and that's saying something

I'll try to remember to take pics, but I have a feeling i'll be breaking my ass to get done in 5-6 hours
Good luck man, if ya need an extra hand, ill be around. Im always good for bringing beer!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #1247

the FJ was 2 wheel drive. Retard. lol
Old 03-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #1248
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck man, if ya need an extra hand, ill be around. Im always good for bringing beer!!
haha, did you want me to pre-set the 5100s at 2.5?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #1249
The Red Bull

Quote:
they look like they're running AT tires. wtf were they doing in the mud haha
Dont knock the ATs!!! haha...

Mike, yeah man, 2.5 would be perfect! You get the spring compressor fixed? I dont have the balls to mess with those... heard to many bad stories
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #1250
The Red Bull

Quote:
I thought all FJs came 4x4... dont know much about them except they have horrible blind spots!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #1251
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
even better!! ahahaha

Quote:

Mike, yeah man, 2.5 would be perfect! You get the spring compressor fixed? I dont have the balls to mess with those... heard to many bad stories
Don't get me wrong, if I could run AT's I would, theyre great

in everything but mud

might as well just save the earth the effort and go into the mud with racing slicks
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #1252
The Red Bull

Talking

Quote:
even better!! ahahaha

Don't get me wrong, if I could run AT's I would, theyre great

in everything but mud

might as well just save the earth the effort and go into the mud with racing slicks
Agreed, but my AT's haven't let me down yet, but i also haven't been crazy in what i have gone through, most of my driving (like everyone else) is done on road. Told the wife when we leave here, the truck is getting a major overhaul. I've got my shopping list saved on my computer, might need to sell a kidney and both my testies to afford all i want!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #1253
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
my truck is my girlfriend, so I don't have to worry about pickling my nuts yet

but my wallet can't look me in the eye anymore after everything i've done to it
Old 03-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #1254
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

didn't get that other one fixed..still waiting for the B7 threaded rod, but I have another set that should work fine for the oem springs.

I might do the using-the-truck with a floor jacket method too, since i'll have to do that for the other side.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #1255
The Red Bull

Quote:
my truck is my girlfriend, so I don't have to worry about pickling my nuts yet

but my wallet can't look me in the eye anymore after everything i've done to it
My truck was my girlfriend... now she is my mistress... just havent told the wife!! Kind of a love hate thing.. i love my truck, my wife hates that i spend money on my truck!!

Quote:
didn't get that other one fixed..still waiting for the B7 threaded rod, but I have another set that should work fine for the oem springs.

I might do the using-the-truck with a floor jacket method too, since i'll have to do that for the other side.
Please take a video of that in case things go wrong so we can have a good laugh and and watch your Oh Shit moment!! jk
Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #1256

my mud terrains deffently helped out today
Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #1259
kh7nm is just really nicekh7nm is just really nicekh7nm is just really nicekh7nm is just really nice

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If i had the funds laying around, id do the retros. My headlamps need replacement anyway. Stupid DTRLs melted the interior of the lenses. Of course Toyota said they wouldn't do anything about it cause this was the "first" they had heard

I got my head lamps replaced under warranty due to the lens was melted by the DTRL. Only thing is they replaced it with the non tinted one. Now running LED DTRL.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #1260
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
did you get your truck? think I saw you near the new gas station the other day
i got it late friday. barely enough time to swing by the machine shop before they shut down

Products Discussed in this Thread