Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #12961
Riggins is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Riggins's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know someone that makes good sliders on island? I wanted some BAMFs but Jerry said the shipping would be $300.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #12962
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
Anyone know someone that makes good sliders on island? I wanted some BAMFs but Jerry said the shipping would be $300.
If sure you can get on the GB for pelfreybilt but that would be one route.. if BAMF, wait till Nov for the black Friday sale. That should offset some shipping.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #12963
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No shops on island that make. Would probably cost upwards of $1k to have a fab shop make them. Could ask Brandon but he is leaving soon. I like the Pelfrey GB, but I think they are weld on only.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #12965
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post

I told you that Ben probably couldn't do anything and you would have to go through Rigid It's that way for all of their vendors, including those who shall not be named

When I had my light go out, I emailed them using their contact option on their website and they got back to me after about 6 business days. Back then, they only had like 10 guys working at the office lol

How long has it been since you emailed them? I know if Ben could do something, then he would. But can't really. I would go ahead and pull the light; once Rigid gets back to you they are going to tell you to mail it in, then they will mail you a new one. So it will take a few weeks from sending yours out, to getting the new one in.

The way it was flickering, I would assume something was wrong with the power regulation, and that will cause the circuit board to head up a lot. I think the A-Series design is borderline when it comes to heat dissipation combined with the 400 lumen LED, so adding heat to the mix is going to be bad.. So far the 200 lumen versions seem to do okay with heat. Funny thing is in the fine print they tell you to only use the lights above 5mph or something like that. Needs the airflow lol I've had 24 Rigid lights and only 1 had a cracked seal that let water in, everything else has been perfect for almost 3 years now. It's just those A-Series that need some cooling fins or something. That's why I tell everyone to get the Vision X rock light kit
Yeah... Ben is a great guy, but I'll def have to go the Rigid direct route. When the other lights are on they don't heat up. Only the bad one did and yes...it started to melt out of the housing. I know there's a circuit board in each light, so maybe an issue with that particular light. No worries...I'll get another one shortly and this will be a thing of the past...
Old 08-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #12966
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
Yup pelfreybilt is only weld on sliders. LMK if u want to jump on the closed group buy.
Buy the pelfrey sliders and weld them onto these:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7901355
The guy will give you the files for the plates for free with some stipulations then you take the file to a shop with a waterjet and then have somebody with a giant press brake to bend them. That how my sliders were made.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post8748283
Old 08-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #12967
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly getting back into another Tacoma. Ill keep you guys posted.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #12969
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Buy the pelfrey sliders and weld them onto these:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7901355
The guy will give you the files for the plates for free with some stipulations then you take the file to a shop with a waterjet and then have somebody with a giant press brake to bend them. That how my sliders were made.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post8748283
so where's that waterjet at?
Old 08-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #12970
rka is on a distinguished road

Name: Rylan
rka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm interested in getting some BAMF sliders also. Maybe we could order them during the Black Friday sale and have Jerry ship them together. That should save us some shipping costs I think.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #12971
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
so where's that waterjet at?
Pearl city industrial. Ready to go
Was just there the other day planning on a CNC run of ti drip tips for the e cig mods with laser engraving
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #12972
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Pearl city industrial. Ready to go
Was just there the other day planning on a CNC run of ti drip tips for the e cig mods with laser engraving
i'm off graves, when's the next time you heading down?
Old 08-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #12977
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhhhh going to be awesome!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread