Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #12962
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Well that sucks. Maui? That's a surprise. I would've thought Oahu, since it's a bigger market.
Servco Hawaii and Toyota USA has some kind of agreement that they won't sell those TRD pro models vehicles. Maui Toyota is bringing them in. Not to sure about big island Toyota. Maui would ship the truck to Honolulu.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #12963
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
Servco Hawaii and Toyota USA has some kind of agreement that they won't sell those TRD pro models vehicles. Maui Toyota is bringing them in. Not to sure about big island Toyota. Maui would ship the truck to Honolulu.
In exchange for boat load of cash haha.

Aren't they only making like 1500 for the first year or something like. I don't about you guys but damn that Inferno color got to me haha.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #12965
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to go 886s unless I go with a winch... without a winch or a steel bumper, that would be one hell of a ride..
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 PM   #12967
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In exchange for boat load of cash haha.

Aren't they only making like 1500 for the first year or something like. I don't about you guys but damn that Inferno color got to me haha.
I wanted to get the 4runner but I guess it wasn't ment to be. lol
Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #12968
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
The taco should have the sport mirrors since it has the sport grille. The painted mirrors hold up better against scratches than the unpainted mirrors. Mine look like hell.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 PM   #12970
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
where can i order longer bolts for the top of my struts? I think I need to add another half inch or 12 mm to the top.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #12972
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
where can i order longer bolts for the top of my struts? I think I need to add another half inch or 12 mm to the top.
Comes with the top plate spacers
Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #12973
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
I don't want to go 886s unless I go with a winch... without a winch or a steel bumper, that would be one hell of a ride..

My bad I was thinking you were getting a bumper with the other guys
Old 08-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #12974

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TacoMan View Post
My bad I was thinking you were getting a bumper with the other guys
Lol.. i am.. but aluminum.. a lot lighter than the steel.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:36 AM   #12975
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
So, one of my Rock lights is defective and was pulsing. Now the same light is overheating and the assembly is starting to melt apart Awaiting a response from Rigid for a replacement..

Quote:
Cody...it's not a matter of turning it on/off. It's defective cut-n-dry. I would expect some electronics no matter who makes them to have that issue on occasion. It's just the fact that the vendor said he couldn't help me out now, so I'm trying to get a hold of Rigid and they're not responding. Guess I'll have to take the "Call them" route...

Nate...talk to your boy!!!...
Quote:
He seems motivated and timely in responding, but I don't think he can handle this sort of thing when it comes to replacements. Good for purchasing though! Fast and responsive
I told you that Ben probably couldn't do anything and you would have to go through Rigid It's that way for all of their vendors, including those who shall not be named

When I had my light go out, I emailed them using their contact option on their website and they got back to me after about 6 business days. Back then, they only had like 10 guys working at the office lol

How long has it been since you emailed them? I know if Ben could do something, then he would. But can't really. I would go ahead and pull the light; once Rigid gets back to you they are going to tell you to mail it in, then they will mail you a new one. So it will take a few weeks from sending yours out, to getting the new one in.

The way it was flickering, I would assume something was wrong with the power regulation, and that will cause the circuit board to head up a lot. I think the A-Series design is borderline when it comes to heat dissipation combined with the 400 lumen LED, so adding heat to the mix is going to be bad.. So far the 200 lumen versions seem to do okay with heat. Funny thing is in the fine print they tell you to only use the lights above 5mph or something like that. Needs the airflow lol I've had 24 Rigid lights and only 1 had a cracked seal that let water in, everything else has been perfect for almost 3 years now. It's just those A-Series that need some cooling fins or something. That's why I tell everyone to get the Vision X rock light kit
Quote:
I know there's a member on here that works for Servco Toyota.

Any chance of Hawaii getting any of the TRD Pro model(s), or is it even possible to order it?

Reason why I ask is that I asked the girlfriend to ask her friend who works for Lexus. The friend then asked a friend who works for Toyota. Answer was, HI ain't getting any or can't even order it.

Told her that's pretty much BS, and doubt that it can't even be ordered.
That was Phil.. He quit and abandoned us for Kauai! Traitor
Old 08-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #12976
Riggins is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Riggins's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know someone that makes good sliders on island? I wanted some BAMFs but Jerry said the shipping would be $300.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #12977

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
Anyone know someone that makes good sliders on island? I wanted some BAMFs but Jerry said the shipping would be $300.
If sure you can get on the GB for pelfreybilt but that would be one route.. if BAMF, wait till Nov for the black Friday sale. That should offset some shipping.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #12978
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
No shops on island that make. Would probably cost upwards of $1k to have a fab shop make them. Could ask Brandon but he is leaving soon. I like the Pelfrey GB, but I think they are weld on only.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #12979

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
No shops on island that make. Would probably cost upwards of $1k to have a fab shop make them. Could ask Brandon but he is leaving soon. I like the Pelfry GB, but I think they are weld on only.
Yup pelfreybilt is only weld on sliders. LMK if u want to jump on the closed group buy.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #12980
Strike Planner
squint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquint0241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Rick
squint0241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post

I told you that Ben probably couldn't do anything and you would have to go through Rigid It's that way for all of their vendors, including those who shall not be named

When I had my light go out, I emailed them using their contact option on their website and they got back to me after about 6 business days. Back then, they only had like 10 guys working at the office lol

How long has it been since you emailed them? I know if Ben could do something, then he would. But can't really. I would go ahead and pull the light; once Rigid gets back to you they are going to tell you to mail it in, then they will mail you a new one. So it will take a few weeks from sending yours out, to getting the new one in.

The way it was flickering, I would assume something was wrong with the power regulation, and that will cause the circuit board to head up a lot. I think the A-Series design is borderline when it comes to heat dissipation combined with the 400 lumen LED, so adding heat to the mix is going to be bad.. So far the 200 lumen versions seem to do okay with heat. Funny thing is in the fine print they tell you to only use the lights above 5mph or something like that. Needs the airflow lol I've had 24 Rigid lights and only 1 had a cracked seal that let water in, everything else has been perfect for almost 3 years now. It's just those A-Series that need some cooling fins or something. That's why I tell everyone to get the Vision X rock light kit
Yeah... Ben is a great guy, but I'll def have to go the Rigid direct route. When the other lights are on they don't heat up. Only the bad one did and yes...it started to melt out of the housing. I know there's a circuit board in each light, so maybe an issue with that particular light. No worries...I'll get another one shortly and this will be a thing of the past...

Products Discussed in this Thread