Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #1281
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
so after going out to my truck this morning trying to start it, but mud is caked on the alternator and battery. I found that after pulling all them trucks out, my bumper has bent at least 10 degrees forward. guess I'll have to heat up the metal and try to bend it back, then I'll have to reinforce it with a steel plate on top of the connection to where it slides up in the frame.
Live and let Learn.
I thought the bumper looked a little funny in your last pic, but I couldn't remember if it was like that before or not.

I had mud in my Alt from the last time, it was only putting out 12.6v so I lightly sprayed water and let it dry, then a half a can of DeoxIT to clean and protect. Back to 13.9 (normal for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
and holy crap i like sampo ur pressure washer next time we go heavy mudding haha
If can, can
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #1282
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
so, after the heavy mudding yesterday, I am not able to get my truck started. The battery is good, I've tried to jump it with cables. and cleaned all the connections I can see with automotive electric cleaner. cleaned the starter and alternator. When I try to turn the key, it just makes a audible click noise and nothing more. I'm guessing its my starter. anyone have any ideas????
Old 03-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #1283
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
starter is fine if its clicking... check your ignition fuse... or other fuses...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #1284
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so, after the heavy mudding yesterday, I am not able to get my truck started. The battery is good, I've tried to jump it with cables. and cleaned all the connections I can see with automotive electric cleaner. cleaned the starter and alternator. When I try to turn the key, it just makes a audible click noise and nothing more. I'm guessing its my starter. anyone have any ideas????
Did you take the starter out? It would be a good idea to rebuild it with your kind of mileage. I just helped my friend do his 96 Avalon and the parts were about $30 from Toyota. Basically just new contacts. And we cleaned out the solenoid and lubed it with graphite while we were at it. He was at 110k miles and his starter contacts were only 20% of what they were supposed to be. Only took us two hours to get it out, rebuild it, and get it back in.

Clicking is almost always a bad battery.

Turn the key>power flows to the starter relay>relay coil clicks on sending power the starter solenoid>stater solenoid meshes starter gear with flexplate(auto)/flywheel(standard) and engages the starter motor contacts>starter motor draws around 80+amps>battery can't supply enough current>starter relay looses power and clicks off>starter solenoid loses power>high amp draw is now gone>cycles starts over again.

This all happens in a matter of less than a second leading to a rapid clicking.

Did it click when you tried to jump it? Or just not do anything?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #1285
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
went up to kaena point today, and played in the mud. Along with pulling a jeep out, a Ford and a FJ.

saw you coming out from kaena, some crap weather yesterday haha wonder what was up with the DLNR down the road?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #1286
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
my "fun" for today.

Worked non-stop from 10am-8pm in the constant rain up in Wahiawa

No lunch break, no bathroom break; Yes I slave-drive myself, it's better that way

Installed:

OME 90000 fronts with 886x springs
SS braided lines
LR UCA's with spec-ride bushings
Dakars+AAL
OME CB drop

and how she sits now;

On the long drive home, didn't notice any vibs...It had a slight pull to the right on the highway which is expected, i'll get getting an alignment soon.

Took initial measurements, but there is a bit of a load, so i'll clear out everything and let it settle before posting the findings.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #1287
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
went up to kaena point today, and played in the mud. Along with pulling a jeep out, a Ford and a FJ.

Looks like fun. If possible, I always pull people out from the back. If you have a receiver hitch, it has better tie ins to the frame and your putting all the stress from the strap on the stronger side of the gears.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #1288

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Clicking is almost always a bad battery.

Turn the key>power flows to the starter relay>relay coil clicks on sending power the starter solenoid>stater solenoid meshes starter gear with flexplate(auto)/flywheel(standard) and engages the starter motor contacts>starter motor draws around 80+amps>battery can't supply enough current>starter relay looses power and clicks off>starter solenoid loses power>high amp draw is now gone>cycles starts over again.

This all happens in a matter of less than a second leading to a rapid clicking.

Did it click when you tried to jump it? Or just not do anything?
This ^

Try putting a volt meter on the battery, it should be around 12V with the engine off. If it is around 10, that is part of your problem. You may have killed the alt and used your battery up driving home. Was your batt light on while driving?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #1289

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
hooooooooooooo mud my mud grapplers would be flying mud!! haha we go guys i can tow out i get da tiaz

anybody got a pressure washer tho? fo realz hahaha

Oahu needs some water crossings somewhere.. go play in the mud then go over river crossings and wash all that shit off while its still soft. go home small kine rinse off and all good
Haha! That first crossing at Loop road is the best for washing off your truck.

The one summer I was there, we went up Kaleheo dam rd and my Landcruiser was MUDDY. We stopped there on the way home and drove around in the water and washed it down a little. I still spent the next day cleaning the crap out of it because I had to take it to the pier to ship back here the day after.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #1291
m0sing808 is on a distinguished road
m0sing808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
Instead of drag em, lets tug o war?!?! Got a buddy i work with who has a 2x4 Frontier, i think 07 and we have been talking about tugging them. As long as i stay in 2wd!!
i like watch too
Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #1292

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
my "fun" for today.

Worked non-stop from 10am-8pm in the constant rain up in Wahiawa

No lunch break, no bathroom break; Yes I slave-drive myself, it's better that way

Installed:

OME 90000 fronts with 886x springs
SS braided lines
LR UCA's with spec-ride bushings
Dakars+AAL
OME CB drop

and how she sits now;

On the long drive home, didn't notice any vibs...It had a slight pull to the right on the highway which is expected, i'll get getting an alignment soon.

Took initial measurements, but there is a bit of a load, so i'll clear out everything and let it settle before posting the findings.

Awesome! I bet it was worth all that work

It look great now! All you need to complete it is that trans-transfer case combo
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #1293
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=tx novice;6642694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
my "fun" for today.
Awesome job. I guess you fixed your traction issues. aka: frontdrive shaft.thumbsup:
the front shaft has been in for almost a year lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Awesome! I bet it was worth all that work

It look great now! All you need to complete it is that trans-transfer case combo
I'll probably finish it when I get back from TX

---

and holy crap...the 886 springs are something else! I'll definitely need to get a bumper/winch to smooth out the ride just a tiny bit.

the new leaf pack eats up everything on the road.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #1294
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
Haha! That first crossing at Loop road is the best for washing off your truck.

The one summer I was there, we went up Kaleheo dam rd and my Landcruiser was MUDDY. We stopped there on the way home and drove around in the water and washed it down a little. I still spent the next day cleaning the crap out of it because I had to take it to the pier to ship back here the day after.
haha yeah i live just before loop road on kauai. so we go up there all the time to shoot guns (try kill a chicken or two) sit sideways in the dirt/mud. we pound it through those crossings. most times i just pressure wash the rest off in 5 min, and call it a day cheeeheeeee
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #1295
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
So I have a set of wheels coming in hopefully next month. Anyone know of a good place that can pull the TPMS out of my stock wheels and stick them in my new Konig countersteers? I'm gonna put some duratracs on, can/will goodyear do it when before they mount the tires?
Thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #1296
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
I've got over 200K on the truck so I just went out and bought a rebuilt starter. Got something for me to do this weekend.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #1298
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
Got stuck for a little in the sand

I went up to Kaena Point for the first time yesterday and got stuck on my way out when I decided to test my truck in the sand. Not a good idea, I had to dig myself out and finally was free. On the way up though I saw like 5 jeeps and was thinking we should meet up and do a little off-road as well. I only went up about 3/4 of a mile cuz its been raining and the ground was really soggy. TBH along some of the edge I almost shit my pants on the narrow trail looking down at the cliff. Anyways I made it out alive and I want some more, but having someone with you to pull you out if you get stuck would be nice. Lets set a date and meet up??

Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #1299
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
I went up to Kaena Point for the first time yesterday and got stuck on my way out when I decided to test my truck in the sand. Not a good idea, I had to dig myself out and finally was free. On the way up though I saw like 5 jeeps and was thinking we should meet up and do a little off-road as well. I only went up about 3/4 of a mile cuz its been raining and the ground was really soggy. TBH along some of the edge I almost shit my pants on the narrow trail looking down at the cliff. Anyways I made it out alive and I want some more, but having someone with you to pull you out if you get stuck would be nice. Lets set a date and meet up??

How long did it take to dig yourself out? I'd be down tho! Sick pics btw
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #1300
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post

Dang bro! Looks like those duelers H/Ls did you no help. Which side did you go? Mokuleia side or waianae side

Products Discussed in this Thread