Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #1381
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
o'reillys sucks do ever buy anything from them unless ur driving a beater and want the cheapest parts possible...for electrical parts such as alternators and starters i prefer Dealer or depending on the manufacture Bosch or Denso

look for Amsoil or Redline way better
Old 03-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #1382
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a big fan of Amsoil, nothing against it, just not for it either. But a lot of the guys I know on the mainland swear by it.

I guess I just been a Royal Purple guy for years now, I think since 04? Never head any problems. I'm going to send my latest off to be tested. I also run two of the red filtermags on my K&N filters. Kinda overkill for a DD but whatever

For anyone who cares, the NAPA in Kailua still has K&N HP oil filters on sale for $12ish. Same price as on amazon!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #1383
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
yeah next oil change im going straight to napa. i need a better oil filter than the fram ones. i heard they are cheaper than cheap.... but thats what i get for going to o'reillys

So i have been searching and wonder after Nate came by, if anyone has the MX 6 coilovers on their truck. Is the right and left different from one another, meaning is there a spacer on one and non on the other? Ill take pictures later. I was told they were different before the lift was put on, but i never thought anything of it. Now im curious to see others.

otherwise im going to 4wheelparts today or tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #1384
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Google image and procomp's website show me that they are supposed to be equal
Old 03-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #1385
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Google image and procomp's website show me that they are supposed to be equal
i wonder if one of my coilovers is meant for another truck.... im gunna have to call 4wp
Old 03-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #1386

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have an exhaust shop that they recommend? I'm looking to ditch my primary cats with some test pipes. But I still want to keep the secondary cats.. Need to keep it under $200.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #1387
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Aloha Friday everybody, have a good one!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #1388
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
yeah next oil change im going straight to napa. i need a better oil filter than the fram ones. i heard they are cheaper than cheap.... but thats what i get for going to o'reillys

So i have been searching and wonder after Nate came by, if anyone has the MX 6 coilovers on their truck. Is the right and left different from one another, meaning is there a spacer on one and non on the other? Ill take pictures later. I was told they were different before the lift was put on, but i never thought anything of it. Now im curious to see others.

otherwise im going to 4wheelparts today or tomorrow.
I believe the only difference is the orientation on the bottom where the cup sits on the shock, supposed to help with sway bar clearance.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #1389
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
got my starter changed out, the one in had deffently been the original starter

now the engine makes a very weird noise, I have come to the conclusion that I have some water in the engine and lost engine oil some how.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1390
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I believe the only difference is the orientation on the bottom where the cup sits on the shock, supposed to help with sway bar clearance.
Drivers side c/o with spacer - you can see where the sway bar nut has scraped the c/o spacer

passengers side c/o without spacer - the difference is this one can be adjusted maybe a half inch more to be maxed where the other one has an inch and a half...

Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #1391
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post

now the engine makes a very weird noise, I have come to the conclusion that I have some water in the engine and lost engine oil some how.
did you check your oil? might be a good time to change it
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #1392

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Might could try pulling a spark plug and sticking a borescope in to look for water? And drain the oil to look for water.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #1393
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Amsoil, nothing against it, just not for it either. But a lot of the guys I know on the mainland swear by it.

I guess I just been a Royal Purple guy for years now, I think since 04? Never head any problems. I'm going to send my latest off to be tested. I also run two of the red filtermags on my K&N filters. Kinda overkill for a DD but whatever

For anyone who cares, the NAPA in Kailua still has K&N HP oil filters on sale for $12ish. Same price as on amazon!
Me to I use royal purple in my 04 for 6 years I like it. Don Quijote has them and the rp oil filters. They also have sales on them 5qt and I think 8.99 per qt. when I went in for service toyota has them for sale instead of toyota oil when getting service at motor imports kinda ripoff tho.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #1394
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
did you check your oil? might be a good time to change it
Ya, I checked the oil, its incredibly low. I did change the oil a month ago. so it has been recent.

Quote:
Might could try pulling a spark plug and sticking a borescope in to look for water? And drain the oil to look for water.
I'll do what my brother use to do every time he hydrolocked his engine, Drain the oil, spray a shit ton of WD-40 in the engine, what for a while then flush out anything else with some more oil, and then fill it up.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #1395
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
by any chance do anyone on this island have a spanner wrench for icon coilovers? I just installed a set and it didn't come with it. please lmk, 562 606 for zero six five.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #1396

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I don't. But if you find one, it is worth the effort to remove the shocks and adjust them, instead of adjusting them on the truck. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again
Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #1397
808 Member

Anyone know where i can find plexi glass? is that something i can just pick up at home depot, or ace hardware??
Old 03-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #1398

Quote:
Anyone know where i can find plexi glass? is that something i can just pick up at home depot, or ace hardware??
I think you can get that at any hardware store, Call before you dive there. save some gas
Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #1399
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends on how thick and how big. I was looking into a custom project and wound up finding that only Mins Plastics downtown had any plexiglass that was worth buying.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #1400
808 Member

Quote:
I think you can get that at any hardware store, Call before you dive there. save some gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
Depends on how thick and how big. I was looking into a custom project and wound up finding that only Mins Plastics downtown had any plexiglass that was worth buying.
sweet thanks...
its only for the intake box cover. hopefully im going to get a custom TRD engraved one made out of plexi instead of my aluminum one that came with the volant intake

Products Discussed in this Thread