Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #1401
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
I think you can get that at any hardware store, Call before you dive there. save some gas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
Depends on how thick and how big. I was looking into a custom project and wound up finding that only Mins Plastics downtown had any plexiglass that was worth buying.
sweet thanks...
its only for the intake box cover. hopefully im going to get a custom TRD engraved one made out of plexi instead of my aluminum one that came with the volant intake
Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #1402
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
Anyone know where i can find plexi glass? is that something i can just pick up at home depot, or ace hardware??
Homedepot has plexi and lexan, but I think its only up to 1/8, back by the doors and windows. But most of them are larger sheets. The City Mill in Kaneohe has some back in the outside by the countertops.

Like Dylan said, Min Plastic has just about everything.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #1404
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
So, Gonna change the oil, and try to get any moisture, or water out of my engine. I thing I got all the essential products I need.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #1406
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, Gonna change the oil, and try to get any moisture, or water out of my engine. I thing I got all the essential products I need.
The first thing I do when I sink my mx bike or my watercraft is take the spark plug out and spin the engine over.. the piston will shoot the water out of the spark plug hole.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #1407
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
I would also get some engine fogging spray. I use to use it when i would have to winterize my mower or boat engines. You remove the spark plug and spray directly into the hole. Turn over your engine a few times, put the plugs back, then fire her up. During the winter, we all use it to help with internal corrosion due to moisture when the engine isn't being used. It may not be fully necessary in your case, but if it is was me, id do it.. the spray is only a few bucks and is worth the peace of mind

Edit: I usually use CRC or Stabil... but here is Amsoils product description (was the first on google seach):
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...e-fogging-oil/
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #1408
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Homedepot has plexi and lexan, but I think its only up to 1/8, back by the doors and windows. But most of them are larger sheets. The City Mill in Kaneohe has some back in the outside by the countertops.

Like Dylan said, Min Plastic has just about everything.
sweet yeah ill be hunting for that today... hopefully have something prepped for your friend by the end of this weekend. since nothing is broken in my garage i feel like i have nothing to do........ haha boredom is never good for my wallet
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #1410
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
The first thing I do when I sink my mx bike or my watercraft is take the spark plug out and spin the engine over.. the piston will shoot the water out of the spark plug hole.
Used to do the same thing when I would flood an engine

If you pull the fuel pump fuse it won't be squirting gas in.. For water in headlights we use alcohol to dry it out, kinda like swimear.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #1412
Gator
Alohazz will become famous soon enoughAlohazz will become famous soon enough

Name: Jay
Alohazz's Tacoma Gallery
Who did i meet at South Seas yesterday??
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1413
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
So I put up a Post about my engine making a weird metal on metal noise, and got some feedback....guess pretty much My engine is Fucked

heres the post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6669862
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #1414
Foward momentum

[QUOTE=battleyota;6669955]So I put up a Post about my engine making a weird metal on metal noise, and got some feedback....guess pretty much My engine is Fucked

Did you change the oil yet? If so, still making a weird (grinding noise)? 200K miles maybe it needs a rebuild. Water might have killed the main bearings.?.
To me FU**KED is when there's a hole or crack through you cases.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #1416

[QUOTE=tx novice;6670264]
Quote:
So I put up a Post about my engine making a weird metal on metal noise, and got some feedback....guess pretty much My engine is Fucked

Did you change the oil yet? If so, still making a weird (grinding noise)? 200K miles maybe it needs a rebuild. Water might have killed the main bearings.?.
To me FU**KED is when there's a hole or crack through you cases.
So One of the guys said to take of the belts and see if its one of the pullies. and I did, sure enough it was. now I need to get an electric fan. and I got to find which pulley it was making the noise
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #1417
Foward momentum

[QUOTE=battleyota;6670305]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post

So One of the guys said to take of the belts and see if its one of the pullies. and I did, sure enough it was. now I need to get an electric fan. and I got to find which pulley it was making the noise
Congrats!! So luckey!! Now Simple Green the engine.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #1418

[QUOTE=tx novice;6670408]
Quote:

hahaha, ya, for realz
Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #1419

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Glad ir wasn't something more serious. That video you posted sounded real bad

I bet its the alt since your batt died.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #1420
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=tx novice;6670408]
Quote:

heard simple greens bad for aluminum? make it corrode or something

Products Discussed in this Thread