LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #1841
Not a Taco, but a truck lover :)
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseychai View Post
i feel like we should start some Klan. a sticker of some sort to identify the tacomas that are on tacoma world. for all the people who are in hawaii. (im from big island but on oahu right now). let me know if people are interested.
I'd be in.

Quote:
damn. thats the thing that bugs me, i havnt even heard of a recon sticker until i moved here from the big island. and i still dont know what its about?? (could somone please explain what it is?) on the big island; a lift meant nothing but the fact that you had a lift and a boat meant nothing but the fact that you had a boat. since ive been here ive heard that you cant have a lift without a recon sticker?? wtf?? also on the big island you can have a boat and launch it wherever and no one cares, but here i launch a boat and 10 minutes later im being boarded by officers looking for life vests and god knows what!? im still confused. haha
Basically, if you modify the frame/suspension, or swap engines to anything that was not originally available on your model, then it must be inspected by the reconstructed vehicle permitting office.

It didn't have to be on on your car from the factory, but it has to be an originally available option to avoid RECON. So if I want a standard transmission instead of my auto, I could swap it in without RECON since it was an original option, unless I have to weld to make it fit.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #1842
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
so what are the plans for this weekend. This happens to be the last weekend ill have free before i start at servco this monday. I wanna go play in the sand at sandys or go up to kaena point. I know we got some new lifts to sample i wanna do some doughnuts somewhere!![/QUOTE]

There's a sticky in the Hawaii section about reconstruction permits and I plan on taking off my front sway bar then testing it out on Sunday at Kaena since I work on Saturday.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #1843
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
i may be able to play a little this weekend... but dont count me as 100%. gonna be a busy weekend for me again.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #1844
Not a Taco, but a truck lover :)
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably out this weekend. I have to help get our 16" telescope back online and install a piggyback 120mm for astrophotography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
had the same issues when i came from Kauai..... the cops here is nutz. Recon is bullcrap.

but to explain (at least from what i understand now) Recon is needed for any aftermarket additions to a vehicle in the suspension or performance area. I think u need recon if u get a S/C or even turbo. not sure tho. I know of plenty douche cops that want to get everyone for their tires and lift and rims too big, etc.

thats why im glad my truck i had bought already had a recon sticker (and did all my additional mods off island or myself so i think im good)

oh and i forgot, u cant pass recon unless u have had done a safety inspection within so many days. not sure but i think its a one time deal right?? until u do more suspension mods i think......
Can't pass safety without RECON. You are thinking alignment. If you alter suspension, you have to have proof of alignment to factory specs withing 30 days.

Exhaust, intake, and rims are no longer needed for RECON. Unless the furthest tread block out is beyond the fender lip. A plumb bob will tell you if yours are or not.

I have the very hard to obtain and even harder to understand RECON manual if anyone needs to take a look.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #1845
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
I love that grill!!!!!
I need to get on that (not tryna bite)
Thanks man

I also have a matching valence piece but haven't put it in yet.

Definitely get a grill if you get chance.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #1846
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODTech08 View Post
Sweet valence!

Pop & lock for my tailgate arrived today. Gonna be a part of truck Friday for me as I also have to work on my headlights that day and try to get the oil changed. Busy! Busy!
Thanks!

Did u get the power lock (PL8521 I think)? I have the power one hooked up to passenger unlock (double press) for over a year and absolutely no issues. What are you doing with your headlights?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarkymaark View Post
Dude i parked there too today i seen your truck haha i own the 2013 dark brown toyota tacoma long bed
Oh okay in that case I'm pretty sure I saw you. Your truck is sweet that's the color I really liked but ended up choosing MGM instead.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #1848

Quote:
i feel like we should start some Klan. a sticker of some sort to identify the tacomas that are on tacoma world. for all the people who are in hawaii. (im from big island but on oahu right now). let me know if people are interested.
I would be game but I just don't really like stickers much. If anything I would put it on my mud flaps, but than nobody would see it.

I do want an emblem for my grill though. Maybe we can do stickers and emblems if anybody else is like me? Than again an emblem would probably be quite pricey.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #1849
FMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedFMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Hospital Corpsman
Name: Topher
FMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Wat is that? Tear gas exposure or what I do to my gf with the blanket and some squeezing of thy cheese. Lol
That would be the one! It's not so bad, but its always great to see the younger kids freak out when you have to break the seal on the gas mask when your in there lol
Old 04-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #1851
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
...thats why im glad my truck i had bought already had a recon sticker (and did all my additional mods off island or myself so i think im good)
If you get pulled over the police officer can check your recon sheet(supposed to be in vehicle), and you have any mods that are a recon item that is not on your sheet, the officer can peel off your sticker and take away your recon.
Only Oahu has recon. I was pretty shocked also when I moved here from Maui.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1852
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
That would be the one! It's not so bad, but its always great to see the younger kids freak out when you have to break the seal on the gas mask when your in there lol
..... I've NEVER tried that but I see the after affects on t.v. and stuff. DAMN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
I'm in for a Tacoma world Hawaii sticker!
x2.. Tacoma World with the Hawaiian Islands thru the words or something .
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1853
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
Can't pass safety without RECON. You are thinking alignment. If you alter suspension, you have to have proof of alignment to factory specs withing 30 days.

Exhaust, intake, and rims are no longer needed for RECON. Unless the furthest tread block out is beyond the fender lip. A plumb bob will tell you if yours are or not.

I have the very hard to obtain and even harder to understand RECON manual if anyone needs to take a look.
Thanks for the clarification. just goes to show i still dont understand it haha. but now i do! i may take u up on that manual for a sec next meet.

HEY if anyone is down i think im gunna go north after my drug-test. Just checked the cams and its SOOOOOO nice. hit me up 808sixfivetwo26zeroseven
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #1854
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
TW Hawaii sticker would be cool.
I hate stickers, although I do rock a small Maui Built sticker
Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #1855
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
If you get pulled over the police officer can check your recon sheet(supposed to be in vehicle), and you have any mods that are a recon item that is not on your sheet, the officer can peel off your sticker and take away your recon.
Only Oahu has recon. I was pretty shocked also when I moved here from Maui.
looks like i need to make some changes to that paper

oh and im down for a TW sticker 808 style
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #1856
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
I can make tw stickers vinyl black or white I'm gonna make some up but anyone get ideas or images ready pm me with the info I was thinking of making ones that have tw oahu or oahu islad with tw cut out lmk
Old 04-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #1857
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcs2012 View Post
I can make tw stickers vinyl black or white I'm gonna make some up but anyone get ideas or images ready pm me with the info I was thinking of making ones that have tw oahu or oahu islad with tw cut out lmk
brah that sounds gee id rock one too! can honk or shaka at the braddahs that roam on TW
Old 04-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #1858
a glorious beacon of light
luka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of lightluka is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
I kinda miss it, cleared my sinuses up instantly

+1 for a hawaii TW sticker
Old 04-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #1859
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Oahu Members!!

Help a local boy on the mainland win some tint Need your votes!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...my-tacoma.html
Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1860
808leo is on a distinguished road

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice;
Tacoma World with the Hawaiian Islands thru the words or something .
I'd be down for that

Products Discussed in this Thread