Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

WTT 2012 Chrome grill surround for painted MGM

Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
WTT 2012 Chrome grill surround for painted MGM

From a 2 week old truck. PM for contact info. Thanks, Ryan
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 07-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
you can always get Dupli-Color color match spray paint from O'reilly, and paint them yourself. I colored match my rear chrome bumper and side mirror housing.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
wth is a junior member?

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
you can always get Dupli-Color color match spray paint from O'reilly, and paint them yourself. I colored match my rear chrome bumper and side mirror housing.
I was contemplating doing something like that but I'll never be able to duplicate the oem quality. I just figured that some guys love chrome so a trade would be easy, but paint may be in the near future. Did yours turn out okay? How'd you prep the chrome for paint?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
I followed this write up by macgyver when I painted my rear chrome bumper.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-matched.html

You can follow this write up for painting your grille.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2255957

I followed this when I painted my side mirror housing.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-painting.html

since I'm no pro in painting, it did come out as expected. it's no excellent factory paint job but it is color match. it's all about the preparation of the pieces to be painted, specially the chrome bumper. take your time. sanding is what takes up majority of your time, unless you can find a shop that can do it for you. but I wanted to save money and did it myself. I think I'm pretty satisfied with how mines turn out. if you need any help PM those members that did those write up.