Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hey Pinaples!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
bigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of lightbigwalton15 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Jared
bigwalton15's Tacoma Gallery
I agree for just chillin go to Kauai. Just there last week for work. Stayed at Kauai Beach Resort. Pretty nice place. My company paid $120/night I think for it. And they have an awesome bar at the pool.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Chris, go here. Hanalei, Kauai. And Tunnels and Ke e beaches at road's end. And walk along Hanalei Bay beach at sunset with Julie and you'll get raped afterward.

http://www.hanaleidolphin.com/hanale...n-location.htm

And it's hard to beat a sunset cocktail here:

http://www.stregisprinceville.com/
Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
lavarider is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
lavarider's Tacoma Gallery
ok mr. mod 4x4 If and when you get over here .Let me know where and when and my CO. "shamless plug" www.hawaiianbodyproducts.com will send your wife a free gift pack ! and aloha from all of us here in hawaii !!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I'll be in kauai in a week or so...one of my favorite places in the world. Can't go wrong with that destination imoh.
Maui's nice too...but I think it depends on what you wanna do. Just chill...kauai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwalton15 View Post
I agree for just chillin go to Kauai. Just there last week for work. Stayed at Kauai Beach Resort. Pretty nice place. My company paid $120/night I think for it. And they have an awesome bar at the pool.
Noted! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Chris, go here. Hanalei, Kauai. And Tunnels and Ke e beaches at road's end. And walk along Hanalei Bay beach at sunset with Julie and you'll get raped afterward.

http://www.hanaleidolphin.com/hanale...n-location.htm

And it's hard to beat a sunset cocktail here:

http://www.stregisprinceville.com/
Also noted!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarider View Post
ok mr. mod 4x4 If and when you get over here .Let me know where and when and my CO. "shamless plug" www.hawaiianbodyproducts.com will send your wife a free gift pack ! and aloha from all of us here in hawaii !!
WOW! Very nice of you!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #26
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
LOL!! no.

Im a mod. We have special powers.

great info! Thanks Cody! Im still not sure if we want the Big Island experiance, or if we want somthing more laid back. Im afraid we're gonna stand out like "tourists", and I dont want that. I would really like to learn more about the local culture. I have no idea about hawaii 'cept from TV and the movies. Are you sure I wont get eaten by a shark?
with how much people have moved here and whatnot, nobody really "stands out" as tourists, unless theyre in the stereotypical aloha shirt, sun hat, khaki shorts and sandals

I visit Kauai a few times a year but my knowledge of stuff to do there is pretty low compared to the BI, so don't mind my island bias

both the BI and Kauai are great places to just drive around and go sightseeing, and there's lots of info out there as to where to go to really "experience" hawaii- like going to see hanalei valley on kauai or going to watch kilauea erupt.

both have tons of things to do that aren't necessarily "tourist-only" things to do, like taking certain hiking paths or going to certain lookouts..hell, I've even taken tours just because.

Kauai is the definition of laid back/country. Since the mongoose plague hasn't reached there, there is a 100% possibility that you will see chickens.
Everywhere.
google hanalei bay and go there, if you go to kauai. My mom's from kauai and we go there every time we go back.
polihale is nice too

Big island is kind of right in the middle of oahu and kauai as far as how laid back it is. There's tons of stuff to do there, just gotta drive a little. From beach hunting to things like hiking to waipio falls and going to see the sunset from atop mauna kea.
You can go play in the snow, then go play at the beach, then go to the desert in the same day, if you wanted
Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
with how much people have moved here and whatnot, nobody really "stands out" as tourists, unless theyre in the stereotypical aloha shirt, sun hat, khaki shorts and sandals

I visit Kauai a few times a year but my knowledge of stuff to do there is pretty low compared to the BI, so don't mind my island bias

both the BI and Kauai are great places to just drive around and go sightseeing, and there's lots of info out there as to where to go to really "experience" hawaii- like going to see hanalei valley on kauai or going to watch kilauea erupt.

both have tons of things to do that aren't necessarily "tourist-only" things to do, like taking certain hiking paths or going to certain lookouts..hell, I've even taken tours just because.

Kauai is the definition of laid back/country. Since the mongoose plague hasn't reached there, there is a 100% possibility that you will see chickens.
Everywhere.
google hanalei bay and go there, if you go to kauai. My mom's from kauai and we go there every time we go back.
polihale is nice too

Big island is kind of right in the middle of oahu and kauai as far as how laid back it is. There's tons of stuff to do there, just gotta drive a little. From beach hunting to things like hiking to waipio falls and going to see the sunset from atop mauna kea.
You can go play in the snow, then go play at the beach, then go to the desert in the same day, if you wanted

wait.......SNOW!??

You DO know there is a reason I live in the desert, right?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Loooots of chickens...everywhere...on Kauai.
I found a chicken tree on the golf course I played last time I was out there. The entire tree from top to bottom was literally filled with chickens.
They taste damn good though.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
wait.......SNOW!??

it occasionally hails up on the mountain...my house gets hit with it from time to time

and then I go to town and play in the sand at the beach

idk if there'd be any snow left though, so you might be safe. This pic would've been so much more epic if I went a week earlier
the only snow you can see is in front of the Keck and looks like a giant splooge

Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
what is a pinaples
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #31

ok....Chickens?? Snow? I iz confused
Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Ive stayed on kaui and the big island before (I dont remeber where though). both places were really nice, but I definitely liked kaui better, less people....and I caught two 150ish pound tuna
Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wait.......SNOW!??

Oh, man, then you shouldn't go to BI.

And it's like Australia, so they get their snow in the summer. Cody sent me this pic last week.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #34
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
For you and just the wife Chris, I would say Maui. Erica and I loved it when we were there. I would stay in the Lahaina (sp) area. It was pretty much amazing the whole time. We stayed at the Ka'anapoli Beach Hotel and Resort. They had entertainment every night and a free breakfast.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #35
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
I say take her on a nice skiing trip up in Alaska?
Ditto. I highly recommend it. Everybody loves the cold, I mean that's just a given. And then you have the fact that it'll be dark as all get out in five months, so you have that going for you too! :P Nah, it isn't that bad, but it is definitely the opposite of Hawaii. That rock is far too hot for my blood.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Oh, man, then you shouldn't go to BI.

And it's like Australia, so they get their snow in the summer. Cody sent me this pic last week.
it snowed so hard I had to buy mittens and a skier beanie for my dolphins, otherwise I couldn't get to school
Old 08-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #37
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
it snowed so hard I had to buy mittens and a skier beanie for my dolphins, otherwise I couldn't get to school
Did you find some big ass chains for those tires too?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #38
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
How's the cat population on Kauai, I haven't been in 20 years?

Chris, ever thought about Tahiti??? It only cost $1400 + from LAX....each!