Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hey Pinaples!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #41
PupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant future

Name: Rod
PupuleUlua's Tacoma Gallery
Maui seems to offer great city/country scenery. Every Island has it's own quirks. Depends what your looking to do? Known fact is more ppl get injured in a cross walk rather then receiving an shark attack
Old 08-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #42
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
He can barrow my 36s since Maui ain't got any snow yet I'll throw them on and float on over
wait till it snows up haleakala again!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #43
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Chris,
My favourite islands are Maui and Kauai....like everyone says, "depends on what you want to do"
We go every year...well except for this year...but Maui has everything you want to do, more tourists thou. Hana Hwy was pretty cool to drive around.
Kauai, very laid back....great relaxing vacation.

Those are my two favourite places
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #44
Kewldawg is on a distinguished road
Kewldawg's Tacoma Gallery
How about Manago's or Teshima's in South Kona?

By the way, what do you want to do? Golf, fish, ATV rides, sight seeing at natural areas, historical sights, parasailing, stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, eating, luau, cultural sights, hunting, hiking, the list goes on and on...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #45
BurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurqueTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BurqueTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would go to Kauai. Theres a beutiful hike along the Na Pali cliffs that eventually leads to a spectacular waterfall. Plus you drive past the birthplace of rainbows. My brother is in the Navy so i get to go "visit" him once in a while when hes not doing some random classified shit on a submarine.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 AM   #46
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
OP do you want to do some wheeling while your here?
Old 08-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #47
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
When Chris meets Cody....

Chris4x4 > < Kona
Old 08-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #48
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm biased, but yeah I think the Big Island is one of the most unique and beautiful places in the world. I've been fortunate enough to travel to a lot of places on the mainland and abroad for my age but there's really no place like this island.

Like what Cody said, there aren't many places on Earth where you can watch lava, go beach, be in the desert, hike through forests and sometimes see snow, all possibly in the same day. There are more people here than on Kauai and Maui but because of that you can choose whether to participate in activities in the more populated areas of the island or go relax in the countryside. People who I meet who are not from here always comment about how much they love the Big Island and especially Waimea, where I'm from. I guess it just depends on what you're looking to do while you're here.

Proof that it does snow on the Big Island...well on the summits of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa...

Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #49
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Chris4x4 > < Kona
my bro's name is chris....

It's been chris and cody my whole life, yo
Old 08-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #50
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Oahu.....Rocks! Don't listen to the boyz.....
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #51
PahalaTacoma is on a distinguished road
PahalaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When I went mainland for college I used to tell all my haole friends, "if you like experience Hawaii, you gotta go Hawaii (aka Big Island)"

Old 08-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
Hawaiitaco is on a distinguished road

Hawaiitaco's Tacoma Gallery
heres a pic of the flow on BI last year. Check USGS for latest info on the flow if you do go to BI....I lived on BI and now on Maui... Really depends on what you want to do Chris...

Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #54
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those pics look awsome! 'Cept for the food....Im not sure WTF that stuff is. Anywhoo....Julie joined, and checked out this thread, so she might pop in with any questions. Thanks again for all the info!!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #55
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Those pics look awsome! 'Cept for the food....Im not sure WTF that stuff is. Anywhoo....Julie joined, and checked out this thread, so she might pop in with any questions. Thanks again for all the info!!
The black and yellow stuff is called "opihi" google limpet. The other one is "poke" pernounced (pokay) usually cubed raw tuna fish maranated with soy sauce or sea salt.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #57
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
jeezus...Dont you guys have shit like Steak, potatos, and burgers?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #59
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
jeezus...Dont you guys have shit like Steak, potatos, and burgers?
Ono (wahoo)

and dey gotz burgas and steaks, too, faka, whatever that means.

But seriously, once I had ono, I was looking for it everywhere.