Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Places you cant go

Old 10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
fr3shingredient is on a distinguished road
Name: Noel
fr3shingredient's Tacoma Gallery
Places you cant go

Wanting to do a 3" lift soon. But still debating between 3" or 6".

But anyway since my truck is now my daily driver i wanted to know what places you guys go to and cant clear/fit in the parking lot, garages, drive thru's, malls etc..

i've seen couple trucks with small lifts(guessing 3") almost clear or cant clear wardwarehouse parking structure and of course mainly seeing the 6" guys parking outside.

So this is where everyone can list where they go, cant fit in, and what they do!

Slammed truck welcome too!!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I fit in most parking garages. Not really many places I go that have height restrictions. My buddy with 6" lift and 35s fits in his parking garage just fine!

It's not about where I can't go. It's about where I can go.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
I have a 3" lift and can go anywhere I want. Including Waikiki ( passed recon ) and HPD garage ( water pipes hang very low ). But I do admit 6" w/35's look sweeet !
Do you have any trouble at certain place where you know you cant clear there parking garage?

Kinda meant about where you cant fit cause of the lift
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I can barely fit my truck into most parking garages now, after lift it would be cutting it way too close for comfort
Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Not Yet! Our company truck is a Tundra . My truck is just a hair taller maybe. Most places made their garages to fit stock full sized trucks. So, with a 3" lift , I would say 99.9% clearance in parking garages.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
I can park in my work's parking garage, as long as I remember to drop my CB antenna...3" lift....
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

I've seen places here with 6' ceilings....my truck with a 3.5 wouldnt fit
With a 6' ceiling, I wouldn't fit! My truck with the shell on and no lift wouldn't fit.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii has a lot of asians and it shows in some of the buildings. Places like the old ross by ala moana couldnt even fit our van. I think the Honolulu Club was another place. I think Dole Cannery had a spot to where I seen a stock F150 hit. Oahu does have a lot of parking garages with low ceilings. I dont live there but I know it. lol
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Get a 3" lift like mines then you can fit into most places in town.....6" will be too high then you'll scrap your new roof on your truck....
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
By the way.....I just heard that all the lifts are going to be on sale next weekend.....Pretty much everything in the store.....So that means there's gonna be some great deals!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
went to royal hawaiian parking garage. i dont think anyone with a lift would make it in.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #15
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Not Yet! Our company truck is a Tundra . My truck is just a hair taller maybe. Most places made their garages to fit stock full sized trucks. So, with a 3" lift , I would say 99.9% clearance in parking garages.
What size tires you running with your 3" lift kit?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #16
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
By the way.....I just heard that all the lifts are going to be on sale next weekend.....Pretty much everything in the store.....So that means there's gonna be some great deals!
4wheelparts?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #17
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

I've seen places here with 6' ceilings....my truck with a 3.5 wouldnt fit
In the parking garage next to bubba gumps, right after high school, I followed a lifted truck that scrapped his roof in there. One time there was a lady with a suv that was wedged under there. lol
Remember that time at the Kealakekua hospital when the pacific waste truck got wedged under the building? shook the hospital iirc.
The waimea mcdonalds, one of my trucks couldnt fit in the drive thru and that same truck hit the bar at bk kona. that was a fun truck.

theres a few low hanging garage ceilings or low building roofs in kona that most lifted trucks wouldnt be able to go. I can tell you that you can jump a tacoma under the royal sea cliff..that roof is pretty high.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
Native.....
Junyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
Junyaboi808's Tacoma Gallery
Wassup cuz,
here are some places i noticed i cannot clear dole cannery parking lot, Ward centers, Kapiolani hospital parking, 24hour fitness PC on the far right side (the air ducts hang low and i seen a lifted chevy rip the shit out of it) pretty much any parking structure below 7' i dont chance it. i have my girl drive her Lexus
Old 10-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, dole cannery is one place I seen a stock F150 hit. Ward centers, is that the old side(makai buildings)?
I can think of a few more places but cant put names to it right now. You'd be surprised how many places on Oahu have low hanging ceilings. Im not from there, but thats one thing to notice.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
Native.....
Junyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud ofJunyaboi808 has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
Junyaboi808's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats the old side i think by Ryans grill. low roofs are all over Oahu and Waikiki especially truck no can make em inside...shitty deals but oh well its a small price to pay i think!