Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Camping @ Kaena Point via Waialua Side?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Camping @ Kaena Point via Waialua Side?

Found a nice cove at kaena point about a mile in and really wanna go camping there!

Just wondering if anyone has went camping out there before, and if anyone has been kicked out or chased away.

Aloha!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
I've looked into camping around the island. but haven't heard much about kaena point. But I have heard its best to camp in groups if you are to do it outside state and national park areas.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
I'm down for a camp cruise
Old 12-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
PupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant futurePupuleUlua has a brilliant future

Name: Rod
PupuleUlua's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I've been in Mokuleia Fishing/Camping before and yes I have been kicked out warned to cited for illegal camping. It's really hit or miss. I know a few friends went in a couple weeks ago with no problems. There is one DLNR officer is pretty hard nose. He actually drew his shotgun while kicking us out. I'm sure if you look in the past there was a lot of complaints from local fisherman about him. Hope this helps and one thing I'd recommend is having a back up plan just in case your plans get altered. Hope this helps
Old 12-22-2012, 03:26 AM   #7
TACO's anyone???
damoihunta is on a distinguished road

damoihunta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PupuleUlua View Post
Yes I've been in Mokuleia Fishing/Camping before and yes I have been kicked out warned to cited for illegal camping. It's really hit or miss. I know a few friends went in a couple weeks ago with no problems. There is one DLNR officer is pretty hard nose. He actually drew his shotgun while kicking us out. I'm sure if you look in the past there was a lot of complaints from local fisherman about him. Hope this helps and one thing I'd recommend is having a back up plan just in case your plans get altered. Hope this helps
Yup fish in there quite a bit. it is hit and miss... lately not so bad but I've heard of this one DOCARE officer that has drawn his gun on groups out there. Technically you're not supposed to camp in there. I've heard of guys getting cited for just having "camping paraphernalia" which includes lanterns, coolers, sleeping bags, there is a list on the DLNR website. It is a citation that requires a court appearance. I've also heard of the DLNR officers sneaking up on campsites and trying to catch guys sleeping... ticket!!! that's camping. bon fires and loud drunken parties attract a lot of attention. And don't get caught driving anywhere there is sand... You will get a ticket! Best to get a permit and go camp at Malaekahana. or pay the fee for Camp Mokuleia.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #9

Did some camping last night right before Yokohama bay, almost right across the military shooting range. no trouble there, alot of vehicles there staying overnight.