Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Changing out wheel bearing, I'll need some help...

Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Changing out wheel bearing, I'll need some help...

I need some expertise on changing out my front wheel bearings. I was planing on doing it myself but if I can get someone on here to help me, I'll be greatly appreciated. I'll provide beer and food.

Edited: Reading around the forum, I see that it may be easier to replace the hub, any advice on this?
Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
So to be completely honest I have no idea how to change the bearings, but in the next few weeks, I'm gonna attempt it...hopefully I wont screw up. So, if any of you guys have any pointers, I will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
Proud *****
LadTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army: Artillery "King of Battle!"
Name: Ray
LadTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
So to be completely honest I have no idea how to change the bearings, but in the next few weeks, I'm gonna attempt it...hopefully I wont screw up. So, if any of you guys have any pointers, I will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bro, I prolly can help but we still need the pointers. Let me know when and where. Hopefully after Christmas works for you.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #5

I can do it after Christmas, is that when you'll be back on the island? cause I assume you are taking leave....
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
take pics! i'm gonna attempt this when i get from my christmas vacation!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #7

You bet I will.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Proud *****

I'M ON THE ROCK

Quote:
I can do it after Christmas, is that when you'll be back on the island? cause I assume you are taking leave....

Yes I'm on leave but staying on the Island. Right now kinda busy with family stuff until Christmas. After that I should be able to help. Let me know what day you are planning to work after Christmas so I can try to make it.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
Proud *****

Exclamation Real Taco Meet at Your Truck

Quote:
I need some expertise on changing out my front wheel bearings. I was planing on doing it myself but if I can get someone on here to help me, I'll be greatly appreciated. I'll provide beer and food.

Edited: Reading around the forum, I see that it may be easier to replace the hub, any advice on this?
Thanks

I think we should do a Taco Meet at your place and work on your truck! I think it'll be fun. bunch of taco owners trying to change wheel bearing. Let's DO IT!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadTacoma View Post
I think we should do a Taco Meet at your place and work on your truck! I think it'll be fun. bunch of taco owners trying to change wheel bearing. Let's DO IT!
Hahahahaha, Ya, that would be cool, but I really have no room to work on my truck. I live in an apartment. I was maybe thinking of hitting up the do it yourself auto place on Schofield, or go over to a fellow taco owners place.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #11

When down to O'Reilly auto parts store, and got me two front wheel bearings for my taco. damn thing set me back $230

So any Professionals on here give me some info on if these bearings are correct and are the right ones.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #12

You may notice some grease in the pics, but I've been looking online and trying to figure out if these are packed with the correct grease and I can't tell if that is packing grease or not.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...e-install.html
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #14

@LadTacoma, let me know if you are still up for the wheel bearing change out.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the bearing change out! I'm glad I got rid of my Taco before it needed this done. I could hear the front bearings Squealing slightly. My estimate would be in about 10K-20k more and they would've needed to be replaced.

2nd gen Taco's wheel bearings "Suck Donkey nuts"!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
Good luck with the bearing change out! I'm glad I got rid of my Taco before it needed this done. I could hear the front bearings Squealing slightly. My estimate would be in about 10K-20k more and they would've needed to be replaced.

2nd gen Taco's wheel bearings "Suck Donkey nuts"!!
Have you looked into replacing them on 1st gen tacos?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Proud *****

Quote:
@LadTacoma, let me know if you are still up for the wheel bearing change out.
Yea, my POC is in your inbox
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #19

anyone else want to pitch in to see me try to and replace this thing. :P
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #20

so I was messing around with the wheel bearings I got and when I was trying to take apart one of them to grease it, I couldn't get it. So naturally I went to the other one and it came out with one tape of the hammer. well now its a bitch to try to put it back together. Do I need a press?