Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Calling all Oahu members-Need special tool!!!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Calling all Oahu members-Need special tool!!!!!

After much researching I have found that I need a spindle nut socket. Which looks like this.

it would fit into the back of here to take off this spindle nut. if my mechanic jargon is on point
the arrows points to the placement of the nipples from the socket.

a farther view

so Does anyone have this socket???? I need it by tomorrow. HELP ME
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
prodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: DoD-Civil Service
prodigy808's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I cant help, good luck finding one. Looks like that nut has a crush point which the factory prob did to prevent it from loosening. Be careful loosening which could damage threads.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
I got a hold of a MatCo tools dealer but the soonest he can get me the tool is late afternoon.
that crush point was a B@TCH. If you look closer at that pic. you'll see a small piece of metal that the tip of a screw driver got logged in there. so it loos like its flush enough to crank that nut off. If not then DAMN I'm F#CKED lol, cause i have no idea how to get this bearing out and I can't put the spindle knuckle back on with that screw driver tip in there.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
prodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: DoD-Civil Service
prodigy808's Tacoma Gallery
If you have two punches about the same size of them holes and use a long pry bar wedged between the punches to see if it will budge
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy808 View Post
If you have two punches about the same size of them holes and use a long pry bar wedged between the punches to see if it will budge
lol Tried that. Wouldn't budge at all.
I've also found out that it requires about 203 ft/lbs from a torque wrench
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Proud *****
LadTacoma is on a distinguished road

Army: Artillery "King of Battle!"
Name: Ray
LadTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
bro that was a piece of work. I'm glad you found the tool. at least what it looks like...you should try a toyota dealership, leave an ID card or something to guarentee its return...I will try and make some calls/ txt msgs to some people and ask.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadTacoma View Post
bro that was a piece of work. I'm glad you found the tool. at least what it looks like...you should try a toyota dealership, leave an ID card or something to guarentee its return...I will try and make some calls/ txt msgs to some people and ask.
LOL, ya, well If I do buy that socket. you know where to get one when you decide to do something crazy.
Thanks a million for coming out and rip some things off my truck.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I wasen't able to help. had a wedding to attend.

I was thinking you could use the punch method but 200ftlbs is bit to try and loosen.

Maybe set 2 punches and a bar and hit the bar with a small sledge? May cay cause more harm than good..