LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

PlastiDip'n emblems

Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Low Kun is on a distinguished road

Low Kun's Tacoma Gallery
PlastiDip'n emblems

this is my very first post and my first truck so i hope i dont sound dumb or make a bad first impression! anyway, i was wondering if anyone here has used plastidip to color their emblems? ive been looking it up and saw a few vids on youtube but i just dont wanna f up lol. if anyone is down ill provide the plastidip and pay u to black out my emblems lol. thanks homies for looking!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
Phil5393 has a spectacular aura aboutPhil5393 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Phil
Phil5393's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Before you post next time search but to answer your question yes many people plasti dip their emblems. Here is an entire thread on plasti dip. It's not hard to do just try it your self there are many videos on YouTube that you can watch that will show you what to do.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ga-thread.html
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
and yeah i’d say few thousand have. I have and like it. i have also done my rear bumper(can bee seen in my sig a long with the tacoma on he tail gate.

also have done some stuff on the inside.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #4

Low Kun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the welcome and for the info! appreciate it.

Phil5393 ill definitely take a crack at it within the next couple days! gonna check out home depot and scoop up a can lol. and TnRedNeck721 yup i see it looks dope!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
First post and you already hooked on the derp huh, its a slippery slope my friend, before you know it everything will be plasti dipped, grill, lower valance, rear bumper, interior trim pieces. Just kidding welcome to the site, have fun modding
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #7

Low Kun's Tacoma Gallery
lol thanks evanmb31. so far i just wanted to plasti dip the rear, side, and toyota emblem in front but ur probably right lol this is only the beginning.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 AM   #8

Low Kun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Welcome to TW. Great first question. Got the derp t-shirt already, but was very nerve-wracking process using a rattle can on my truck. Pics are in my build. Good luck.
thanks bro ill need all the luck i can get seeing that im 50/50 when it comes to DIY's lol. so far only thing i did myself are tube steps and eyelids lol super minor.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
MudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to beholdMudFlap is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
MudFlap's Tacoma Gallery
OP you will see my posts in that other thread where I derped my plastidip. Seems it may have been too cold outside when I done mine, but it DID NOT turn out well. I tried to peel it all off and start over and even peeling it off wound up being a PITA. I said "SCREW THIS" I went and got some high test fishing line and took my side emblems completly off and at that point was finally able to get all the plasti dip off of em. Once cleaned off wich was the hard part I applied some 3M double sided adhesive stuff using and exacto knife, then I layed my chrome emblems in the garage floor on some news paper and spayed them with paint and not the dip shit (hehe dip shit LOL). IMO it turned out looking a lot better this way.

Anyhow, didnt mean to ramble on like that.... Good luck on your dippin.....
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #10

Low Kun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudFlap View Post
OP you will see my posts in that other thread where I derped my plastidip. Seems it may have been too cold outside when I done mine, but it DID NOT turn out well. I tried to peel it all off and start over and even peeling it off wound up being a PITA. I said "SCREW THIS" I went and got some high test fishing line and took my side emblems completly off and at that point was finally able to get all the plasti dip off of em. Once cleaned off wich was the hard part I applied some 3M double sided adhesive stuff using and exacto knife, then I layed my chrome emblems in the garage floor on some news paper and spayed them with paint and not the dip shit (hehe dip shit LOL). IMO it turned out looking a lot better this way.

Anyhow, didnt mean to ramble on like that.... Good luck on your dippin.....
wow crazy man. and ramble away cuz the more info to me the better lol thanks for that. "dip shit" lol nice.