Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

so if i.....help

Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
m0sing808 is on a distinguished road
m0sing808's Tacoma Gallery
so if i.....help

install anything aftermarket i would void extended warranties....what if i took it out before bringing it in?? does that help.... what about aftermarket rims and tires doea that void anything???
Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0sing808 View Post
install anything aftermarket i would void extended warranties....what if i took it out before bringing it in?? does that help.... what about aftermarket rims and tires doea that void anything???
stealership has to prove said aftermarket part caused failure. so technically NO they dont void your warranty, but the dealership will give you a hard time depending on which one you go to.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
This has been brought up quite a few times. I can't say that I have the "definitive" answer for you but from what I've read in passing, no, wheels and tires won't void your warranty and neither will new shocks or suspension components UNLESS those parts are what caused whatever failure happens to happen.

I'm sure someone else could chime in with more solid facts for you, but that is the sum of what I've read.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I just went in for my 15K service and wanting them to check out a "clunk" I was having.

They asked if I had aftermarket suspension components, and gave me the "Yeah, we can't really do anything with that, because you have voided the suspension part of your warranty."

Matt
Old 02-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
I believe CAI, throttle body spacer, some exhaust and wheels and tires are OK.
Check with the dealership.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
They weren't happy about my oil slicks or flame thrower . . . silly dealership
Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
They weren't happy about my oil slicks or flame thrower . . . silly dealership
yeah, flux capacitor killed it for me
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I just went in for my 15K service and wanting them to check out a "clunk" I was having.

They asked if I had aftermarket suspension components, and gave me the "Yeah, we can't really do anything with that, because you have voided the suspension part of your warranty."

Matt
even that seems a little skiddish...asking a yes or no question does not prove shit.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
m0sing808 is on a distinguished road
m0sing808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
This has been brought up quite a few times. I can't say that I have the "definitive" answer for you but from what I've read in passing, no, wheels and tires won't void your warranty and neither will new shocks or suspension components UNLESS those parts are what caused whatever failure happens to happen.

I'm sure someone else could chime in with more solid facts for you, but that is the sum of what I've read.
thanks... nice rims btw!!! aloha
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
urusai808 is on a distinguished road

urusai808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
stealership has to prove said aftermarket part caused failure. so technically NO they dont void your warranty, but the dealership will give you a hard time depending on which one you go to.
^ unless the aftermarket part caused the problem, wont void.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
There is only one dealership brand here and they will deny anything they can. I went through a huge fiasco with the rear end in my 05 and they wouldn't budge. Even the military lawyers said I had a case, but I had no way of winning because of who they know in the judicial system.