Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

3rd Annual Truck & Jeep Fest, Honolulu 2013

Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #21
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I appreciate all the work. And it looks cool, but most are totally just for show.
Maybe that's why they don't go with a bigger tire! It'll hide the expensive and clean shocks
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Yeah, I appreciate all the work. And it looks cool, but most are totally just for show.
Maybe that's why they don't go with a bigger tire! It'll hide the expensive and clean shocks
yeah i get that impression as well... thats why i hate trucks with huge rims.. anything that cant even be taken on sand annoys me. If u look at my rims for instance they are 18" (biggest ill ever go and technically the smallest i can go without wheel spacers due to lift) but if someone were to come close and look at them they would see a set of sandblasted clearcoat... which if these guys had probably would have never happened.... but fuck if i care i got this truck to enjoy in the sand mostly and to haul
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I like your 18's, what I have seen from the street that is

I think if I was going with a 35' or 37' tier I would be okay stepping up to a 19" but that's it. 17's are my favorite though.

Most of the trucks at the show probably never seen anything but pavement, but they are still fun to look at. I did sit there and day dream about "If only I could get those Kings, or Fox's"..
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If i could fit 17's without a spacer id have these rims in 17s I dunno why but i just prefer tire to rim... haha i miss running my 35's that height is awesome.... I NEED my UCA's so i can crank my lift to the max already
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #25
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
so i may enrage some people but your truck makes me want a frontier
Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #26
808 Member

haha x2
Old 03-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #27
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Lol it's okay, I see 5 Tacoma's a day that make me question my choice
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used to have a '11 Pro4x, 4x2 also with RF sub and leather. It was a nice truck and felt more comfortable to me.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #29

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I think the frontier rides better, but its not as capable off road from the factory. And it doesn't have the same aftermarket support.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
IKA fabrications

Oh, and I also like that it had a fully boxed frame, a real metal bed with great factory spray on bedliner, and 5 solid aluminum bed rails with super beefy aluminum cleats!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 AM   #31
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
kinda felt like i was ripped off at the show since i ordered some bilstein 5100 for my tundra was told it was in stock at the waipahu store. so later this week i went down to pick them up and no where to be found. now telling me 3-4 weeks shipment and turns out i was charged regular price for them too even after being told i was getting 10% off.. thinking about canceling it all together and going through another vendor
Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #33

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
That's a little jacked that they charged you full price. I'm not surprised that they don't have them as they don't stock a lot of bilsteins at the store.

I would see if they will take the 10% off and wait the 3 weeks if it were me

fwiw I got my 5100's for the front from http://www.shockwarehouse.com/ and my rear 5125's from http://www.prgproducts.com/

Greg at PRG is the man as far as I'm concerned, he is my go to for my Nissan. But a lot of people complain that it is hard to get a hold of him, so be warned if you try and see if he can get you some. I'm more than willing to wait to get him on the phone because he knows Frontier suspension better than anybody else out there. I'm on his pre-order list for new poly motor mounts and I can't wait!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurusaibobx View Post
kinda felt like i was ripped off at the show since i ordered some bilstein 5100 for my tundra was told it was in stock at the waipahu store. so later this week i went down to pick them up and no where to be found. now telling me 3-4 weeks shipment and turns out i was charged regular price for them too even after being told i was getting 10% off.. thinking about canceling it all together and going through another vendor
thats not good. they are supposed to only charge 8% of the purchase cost for shipping. at least thats what they always tell me. Supposedly they eat the rest of the shipping charges. id call back and complain if i were u
Old 04-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #35
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
ended up getting a price adjustment on my order and i called to see if my order came in and it was already in but didnt get any phone call. so you guys should call to see if your stuff came in too. the warehouse looked packed
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #36
huli467 is on a distinguished road

huli467's Tacoma Gallery
Getting my new wheels and tires this Friday. They called this past Saturday, 2 days past when they said the shipment would arrive. However, I heard they had a full container and it was gonna take some time to get orders confirmed, etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #37
808 Member

damn i wonder if my UCA's are finally in then.... $4!+'s taking way to long