Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Dreaming of moving to North Shore from Houston, TX

Old 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
USArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: MS3, USN.  FS3, USCG.  60% SC DV
Name: Max
USArchangels's Tacoma Gallery
Dreaming of moving to North Shore from Houston, TX

Howzit Ek Se! I'm born 'n bred South African, though moved to the States when I was 14 (now 37). I grew up on the beaches of Durban South Africa, surfing, skimboarding, and boogie boarding.

My wife and I honeymooned on Oahu at Turtle Bay Resort for 4 night back in '09. We rented a car and saw the sights in Honolulu, etc, and ended up buying our grub from the corner grocery store close by on North Shore.

I have a 2012 Tacoma Baja and we'd like to move to the North Shore eventually, as the climate and people are very similar to that of where I was born, and i'm getting fed up with city life.

We'll be trying to save some dough every year in order to vacation on Oahu at least every 2 to 3 years until we are able to move there.

The wife and I are both in healthcare, so hope to be able to find something for work, though it helps that I pull in some disability (bout a grand a month or so)

I'm looking for suggestions and comments on where to go and what to do without getting stuck in any tourist traps.

Email me if you don't mind at usarchangels@hotmail.com

Cheers Bru's!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
PahalaTacoma is on a distinguished road
PahalaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you need to check out maui, kauai, big island. its probably more of what you are looking for.