Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

20% tint

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
tacoma24 is on a distinguished road
tacoma24's Tacoma Gallery
20% tint

Hi. I was wondering who has 20% on their tacoma and have you gotten pulled over for it? thinking of stripping off my 35% and getting 20%. lmk asap

thanks

Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
808tacomas is on a distinguished road
Name: kingrob
808tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma24 View Post
Hi. I was wondering who has 20% on their tacoma and have you gotten pulled over for it? thinking of stripping off my 35% and getting 20%. lmk asap

thanks

just keep it until you get pulled over. town cops look for that shit compared to my country side.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
so long u got someone to pass you for inspection. lately more shops arent passing illegal tint

Old 03-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
tacoma24 is on a distinguished road
tacoma24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xurusaibobx View Post
so long u got someone to pass you for inspection. lately more shops arent passing illegal tint
ya safety check isn't a problem. just wondering who has 20% and if they hassled for it. do you have 20% on your 2 front windows?

Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
I never had problems when I had 20%

Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Tint is a relatively easy one to talk yourself out of if you get pulled over. Tell the officer that you ordered a kit online and did it yourself, the site you bought it from said it was legal in all states. "Officer, I will remove the tint as soon as I get home" takes care of it most of the time if you play ignorant. Just make sure you do actually scrape it if you say you will.

Regarding getting someone to pass it, my old truck had illegal tint at 20% (35% max for MA). Go to a local small auto garage that does inspections and ask the guy if an additional $20 would help him forget to check a few items.

Safety issues that are jeopardizing to other folks on the road - not much you can do but little issues like an aftermarket exhaust, tint, headlight color (not obnoxious), and the such are easy to pay off with the right guy. If they are going to fail you and won't take the money, just move on to the next shop.

Throw enough shit at a wall and sooner or later some will stick.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
got 10% on all windows and 5% strip on front windshield to block sun. dont have any problems. probably just depends on the city/town you live in though.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post
Safety issues that are jeopardizing to other folks on the road - not much you can do but little issues like an aftermarket exhaust, tint, headlight color (not obnoxious), and the such are easy to pay off with the right guy. If they are going to fail you and won't take the money, just move on to the next shop.
Two of these things are safety issues and one is a public nuisance issue.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Two of these things are safety issues and one is a public nuisance issue.
Meant it as if those items are not blatantly illegal or obnoxious. If your lights are a little on the blue side (6000-7000 K) or tint is a shade darker than allowed (20% in a 35% max state) then you should be ok.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The higher Kelvin lamps cause some pretty serious glare issues for oncoming drivers, especially older drivers. The tint on side windows is really more of a safety issue for approaching law enforcement.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
I used to run 5% with 15% on the whole windshield. Rode durty for awhile then got ass fucked. 20% never had a problem when I ran that but driving with no license I keep it at 35%. Ive gotten bothered with the 35% but that was when I was already pulled over(and I asked them to meter the tint. most cops dont carry a tint meter).
It'd be better in the long run to get 35%...no worries on safety or being pulled over just cause ur tint looks too dark.

As for throwing the pmvi inspector 20 more bucks...good luck on that. on all islands most inspectors dont wanna lose their license so I hope you know someone who does it. People used to offer me $100 just to do their safety on top of the $15.31 or $20.50 that it costs. Fuck, I scored a 4runner in a deal for doing a safety...thats how desperate some people get.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Also, the tint meters are supposed to be calibrated but they allow a 6% difference from 35%..so you can run 30% tint and hope it doesnt meter out at 28%. If you wanna go darker, may as well tint your windshield 35% with your front windows. Slap a 5% strip on top and most cops wont know. Shitty thing is when cops use polarized glasses they see rainbows and know its tinted. When you tint it, do the whole windshield first and then the strip over that so you dont see the line. Carry a razor blade and offer to strip it on the spot.
if you tint 35% front windows and windshield it will be darker but it'll only cost you one ticket versus 2 for the front side windows.

or if you wear glasses or have an eye problem can get a doctors note and carry it with you so when you get pulled over show it, record it with your phone/camera, then send it to the judge if you nget ticketed. Thats othe only way to legally have a tinted widnshield.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #14

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The idea of tinting one's windshield is stupid and dangerous. It has also been discussed at great length on this forum and generally frowned upon.

While you are at it, you should get a fake doctors note to get a great parking spot and toke up whenever you want.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The idea of tinting one's windshield is stupid and dangerous. It has also been discussed at great length on this forum and generally frowned upon.

While you are at it, you should get a fake doctors note to get a great parking spot and toke up whenever you want.
How bout you take that and shove it?
Im fucking tired of having mainlanders tell us what to do and how we should live our lives.
There's a lot of things that can be stupid and dangerous but I dont go around telling everyone what they can and cant do. If we like modify our vehicle we going do it. Im fucking tired of these stupid laws and stupid fucking government interfering with "freedom".
I have neighbors who complain about this and that..trying to make this island how they want it to be. I tell them, if you dont like it...go back to the mainland. this forum is an awesome place and I know youre respected around here. If you dont like the idea of a tinted windshield, please move on to a different thread.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #16

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
Im fucking tired of having mainlanders tell us what to do and how we should live our lives.
There's a lot of things that can be stupid and dangerous but I dont go around telling everyone what they can and cant do. If we like modify our vehicle we going do it. Im fucking tired of these stupid laws and stupid fucking government interfering with "freedom".
I have neighbors who complain about this and that..trying to make this island how they want it to be. I tell them, if you dont like it...go back to the mainland. this forum is an awesome place and I know youre respected around here. If you dont like the idea of a tinted windshield, please move on to a different thread.
I would recommend seceding from the Union.

This has nothing to do with Hawaii, North Dakota or any goddamn state. Tinting your windshield and limiting your vision is dumb. I don't personally give a flying fuck if you can't see at night and drive yourself into a volcano, but I would rather you not drive into me or a pedestrian because you expressed your "freedom" with a blacked out windshield.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
Quote:
I would recommend seceding from the Union.

This has nothing to do with Hawaii, North Dakota or any goddamn state. Tinting your windshield and limiting your vision is dumb. I don't personally give a flying fuck if you can't see at night and drive yourself into a volcano, but I would rather you not drive into me or a pedestrian because you expressed your "freedom" with a blacked out windshield.
This ^^^^

Closed Thread