LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Help with headlights + projectors

Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to beholdVigo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
You removed the plastic trim underneath the headlight? pull forward on it from grill side to pop it out, and them pull sideways towards center of truck to remove it.
You got the bolt from the bottom? accessible from under the truck, I removed the fender well splash guard to get to it. Its on the backside/bottom of the headlight. Once you free the headlight, the real fun is getting it angled and rotated to be removed. I taped everything up as not to scratch it all up.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
raycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud ofraycie has much to be proud of

Name: Neil
raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
You removed the plastic trim underneath the headlight? pull forward on it from grill side to pop it out, and them pull sideways towards center of truck to remove it.
You got the bolt from the bottom? accessible from under the truck, I removed the fender well splash guard to get to it. Its on the backside/bottom of the headlight. Once you free the headlight, the real fun is getting it angled and rotated to be removed. I taped everything up as not to scratch it all up.
^^^^^ This..

Don't forget the bottom bolt. I also had an easier time accessing it from inside the fender..

The tabs on the (obvious) 3 bolt locations need to be moved a bit too.. If your truck is newer and nice, tape up the bumper.. I was super careful and still made a small scratch.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Little Member
Ftroop will become famous soon enoughFtroop will become famous soon enough

Army:
Ftroop's Tacoma Gallery
Shoots, I'll take a look... That's probably what it was