Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

The "NO-NO" local thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Hahaha must have thought u was a gangster throwing up gang signs
Or, did he just give me an "air backhand"? Ahaha
Old 07-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
If you ask for directions and can't pronounce the place. Don't try. Just show us on the map or phone.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #24
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattdekneef/...understan-cskf
Old 08-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
When I first started dating my wife (mainland haole girl) she would always ask me if I was going to take "78" or some other road/highway number.. On oahu we don't use the damn numbers...

Which is kinda ironic with those "Exit" stickers.. I don't even use exit numbers..
Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #26
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
When I first started dating my wife (mainland haole girl) she would always ask me if I was going to take "78" or some other road/highway number.. On oahu we don't use the damn numbers...

Which is kinda ironic with those "Exit" stickers.. I don't even use exit numbers..
The only ones I can really think of locals on Oahu using the numbers is H1, H2 or H3...but then its mostly "yeah cuz I stay by da kunia off ramp" or "I almost by da stadium" or "kinda by da pali but traffic stey picking up".

It woulda been cool to have an H4...the elevated roadway that the airport viaduct was supposed to go towards Alamoana and end up by King St. Thats why theres an off ramp to no where next to King St.

Isnt there like no exit 8 or exit 9? The exit numbers usually refers to the area the guys from....
Old 09-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #27
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This thread has definatly been informational. Thanks guys Im looking forward to the time my family and I are going to spend on Oahu. Im glad Im getting the opportunity to live there and experiance it.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #28
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Couple things I've picked up in my first few months here (locals help me out if I've jacked something up):

Directions,

Windward is generally the northern coast, but I'm gathering that usually Windward is used for Northeast (Kailua/Kaneohe), while Northshore is used for Northwest

Leeward is the southern (probably from like Koko Head all the way to Kaena Pt)

Town is Honolulu

Ewa (eh-va) means go west (still not sure what east is)

Theres another term for heading towards the mountains or the sea, can't recall off the top of my head right now

Avoid H1 during traffic unless you must drive it, be careful on the road when it rains

and last but not least, SMILE... YOU'RE IN HAWAII. Don't be the cool douche bag that projects a hard image. Be friendly and you'll get friendliness back (this is good advice for everywhere, right?)
Old 09-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
Couple things I've picked up in my first few months here (locals help me out if I've jacked something up):

Directions,

Windward is generally the northern coast, but I'm gathering that usually Windward is used for Northeast (Kailua/Kaneohe), while Northshore is used for Northwest

Leeward is the southern (probably from like Koko Head all the way to Kaena Pt)

Town is Honolulu

Ewa (eh-va) means go west (still not sure what east is)

Theres another term for heading towards the mountains or the sea, can't recall off the top of my head right now

Avoid H1 during traffic unless you must drive it, be careful on the road when it rains

and last but not least, SMILE... YOU'RE IN HAWAII. Don't be the cool douche bag that projects a hard image. Be friendly and you'll get friendliness back (this is good advice for everywhere, right?)
windward is generally Kailua/Kaneohe, once you get up to Kahaluu and beyond, the exact destination is used (Laie, Kahuku, Waihole, etc)

Heading east is usually "Town-bound" or "Hawaii Kai bound" depending where you are.

North is also Mauka(means mountain) and Makai(ocean) is also used for in referencing.

Leeward is in relation to Leeward Community College and sometimes used as a west-bound reference as Ewa is also used.

kinda looking at a compass, Mauka=North, Windward=East, Ewa=West, and Town is usually South

it's true that when it rains, people drive like shit...even though it rains quite a bit, it seems like people still don't learn.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
batmobile will become famous soon enoughbatmobile will become famous soon enough
batmobile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post

it's true that when it rains, people drive like shit...even though it rains quite a bit, it seems like people still don't learn.
not only when it rains though haha.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
windward is generally Kailua/Kaneohe, once you get up to Kahaluu and beyond, the exact destination is used (Laie, Kahuku, Waihole, etc)

Heading east is usually "Town-bound" or "Hawaii Kai bound" depending where you are.

North is also Mauka(means mountain) and Makai(ocean) is also used for in referencing.

Leeward is in relation to Leeward Community College and sometimes used as a west-bound reference as Ewa is also used.

kinda looking at a compass, Mauka=North, Windward=East, Ewa=West, and Town is usually South

Pretty close, but most use ewa bound for west, unless you're past ewa, then it's becomes makaha or waianae bound. And for east, it's normally diamond head bound, unless you are past diamond head then it becomes kokohead bound. And mauka means towards the mountains and makai means towards the ocean, no matter what direction it shows on the compass. It doesn't make too much sense but it's what we grew up with... In hawaii we tend to be landmark navigators... For example... Turn left at the green house and go past the gas station and make a right, it's the house wth the mango tree in the front yard..
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
cheech1 is on a distinguished road
cheech1's Tacoma Gallery
What really cracked me up about this was the picture of the lawyers, too close to home. The token Japnee guy is my cousin.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #34
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I was reading pidgin to the max!
Old 09-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #35
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to moving back to kona, definitely learned a lot while living there, tons of friendly people